• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sleepy's Super Awesome Birthday Bash(Battleaxe Chronicles) September 18th, Durham, NC

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
bed manner?

I thought he was until the way he acted. Like seriously you had to be there. He had no idea what he was doing with bowser. He just sat on the platforms on bf and let Zelda nair, bair, and fair him. Like it was a fun match until the end when he made his last statement. So the tourney match was over and I said why not do a few friendlies (out of saltiness) and he said sure. He beat me once (as I was trying to use dacus with sheik which I had not done all night) and then the next 7 times I beat every character he can use. And he jumped off the couch, yanked his controller, and walked away with a scoul on his face. There was no need for that; he could have said good games; or goodbye; or that was fun; or anything. but instead he acts like a complete ***

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Ocean- Thanks many times over for housing VA. Your skills as a host are top tier.

Maria- Good job running this crazy tournament. I'm definitely glad I went.

Moophobia- Your doc is crazy good. I had a blast playing you in friendlies and in tournament

Lozr- Too goods. Thanks for the friendlies, especially the WeeGee ditto.

Justice- SOOOO BROKEN.

Bees- It was fun meeting you and playing teams, even if we did get destroyed.

Yay- Shoutouts to you just for how much fun you seem to have playing this game. Seriously.

Stingerz- Holy **** Mewtwo. good matches, although I'm kinda sad I never played bowser vs. mewtwo friendlies with you.

Twitch- lawls at you actually recognizing me. Good job at destroying me in teams.

To everyone else and those I probably forgot to mention- Good **** all around. I love the NC smash scene.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
bed manner?

I thought he was until the way he acted. Like seriously you had to be there. He had no idea what he was doing with bowser. He just sat on the platforms on bf and let Zelda nair, bair, and fair him. Like it was a fun match until the end when he made his last statement. So the tourney match was over and I said why not do a few friendlies (out of saltiness) and he said sure. He beat me once (as I was trying to use dacus with sheik which I had not done all night) and then the next 7 times I beat every character he can use. And he jumped off the couch, yanked his controller, and walked away with a scoul on his face. There was no need for that; he could have said good games; or goodbye; or that was fun; or anything. but instead he acts like a complete ***
So how were you on your last stock if all he did was stand there? if you ***** him that bad then you would have never been in a situation like where a bowserside would have mattered.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
wait gardevoir was there? did i meet him?
Nah, I had to leave relatively early and had never seen you before so I had no idea who you looked like. Every time I asked about sleepyk, I got an answer like "I don't know" or "He left to go somewhere for a minute".

I retroactively know who you are now that someone mentioned you were drinking a gallon of water, but even then I only saw you a grand total of once.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I'll do shoutouts after all of this bowser stuff is over.

But generally, I agree that you should not "play around" in tournament and then complain that you lose that game, despite how you lost. If you can reliably 3-stock any bowser because zelda "[wrecks]" bowser, why didn't you? Especially if in you knew he was a jerk due to prior friendlies where the guy purportedly ripped his controller out and stormed away angrily. Why not just three stock him and put him in his place?

Too many inconsistencies with this series of posts for me to get behind anything ZeldaRox says.
sorry that I didn't make myself clear; the friendlies came after the tournament; so where are the inconsistencies? all I said is that I was trying a few things that I don't usually get to try in tourney. I would like to use these techniques and the only way to see how they work in tourney play is to try them out in tourney play. So I decided to pull them out on what I considered to be a safe match (because I was under the influence that bowser's only way out had been overturned as a viable option). Sorry for trying to practice stuff in tourney. I wonder why you call my credibility into question when you've never even played or talked with me? I don't usually get salty; I am very polite; and I like to have fun at these things. My personality does rub well with someone who talks to me like I'm inferior. Sorry if that causes you to question my character.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
best edgeguard with fox
ledgedrop backair
1st hit of uair

shine

Gardevior

Smash Lord
sorry that I didn't make myself clear; the friendlies came after the tournament; so where are the inconsistencies? all I said is that I was trying a few things that I don't usually get to try in tourney. I would like to use these techniques and the only way to see how they work in tourney play is to try them out in tourney play. So I decided to pull them out on what I considered to be a safe match (because I was under the influence that bowser's only way out had been overturned as a viable option). Sorry for trying to practice stuff in tourney. I wonder why you call my credibility into question when you've never even played or talked with me? I don't usually get salty; I am very polite; and I like to have fun at these things. My personality does rub well with someone who talks to me like I'm inferior. Sorry if that causes you to question my character.
I never questioned your character, but your reports of what being said is very hodgepodge. Makes it hard to draw an accurate representation of the entire series of events, which in turn makes it difficult to come to any sort of correct conclusion where all of this is concerned.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
So how were you on your last stock if all he did was stand there? if you ***** him that bad then you would have never been in a situation like where a bowserside would have mattered.
I sd the first time while trying to teleport cancel into upair on him. I had never done it on bf; I know the spacing for final destination just wasn't quite sure about bf. The second time I tried to see if zelda's dair would go through his uair. Unfortunately, I missed sweet spot the second time and went for it a second time. I somehow lost my second jump and so used her recovery too late. So there we were him 3 stocks, me 1 stock. I took a little fire breath damage over the remainder of the battle. But for the most part I was spot on (now that I was serious). And landed fair after dair after nair and brought him down to his last stock. At that point I had exactly 50 damage and he knew where it was going. If he had done his move when he had 2 stocks left it wouldn't have been a prob. But at this point he knew he had one last chance. Like I said I was trying to prevent it because that is his only kill move he can land on zelda (never gonna hit her with a smash) and I don't particularly care he wishes to stale it out. And had I known it still counted as his win if he did the suicide claw then I would have watched out for it.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I never questioned your character, but your reports of what being said is very hodgepodge. Makes it hard to draw an accurate representation of the entire series of events, which in turn makes it difficult to come to any sort of correct conclusion where all of this is concerned.
you did all my character into question; you said it is hard to trust anything that I say. I think I have been fairly clear with my reports. There have been lots of them, and they have been reiterated. I am sorry that you have not been able to follow along. But this argument was all over one simple thing: clarifying the bowsercide. If some poeple (like me) are under the consideration that the BBR's ruling follows, then problems will arise. But snap for some reason wants to make a game out of this and argue about moot points like I shouldn't be salty over someone who uses bowser.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Lol no, the bbr ruleset doesnt matter anymore, seriously have you seen the stages they use?

MLG OR GO HOME.

if you dont like losing this much dont go to tournaments, youll always have duke student functions.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I can't believe you snap; my first complaint ever about a tourney result and you ridicule me. Like seriously. I'm sorry I was under the wrong impression.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
NC: "Yo no johns but here is a laundry list of reasons i lost based on my own personal opinions and biases."

@Mike, i wasnt trying to redicule you. im trying to educate you on accepting your losses man. Just accept it. you cant hold on to this stuff or it will just hurt you down the line.

Purple

Hi guys!
Zelda, just MM everyone and get mad as hell.

That's how we do in Georgia at least.

NC: "Yo no johns but here is a laundry list of reasons i lost based on my own personal opinions and biases."
Best post so far.

Just chillax yo, you lost; period.

Purple

Hi guys!
People I know in NC are cool, apparently people i've never seen be ceraazy.

And when i meet those people I don't know; i'll turn them peeps into beast smashers.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I sd the first time while trying to teleport cancel into upair on him. I had never done it on bf; I know the spacing for final destination just wasn't quite sure about bf. The second time I tried to see if zelda's dair would go through his uair. Unfortunately, I missed sweet spot the second time and went for it a second time. I somehow lost my second jump and so used her recovery too late. So there we were him 3 stocks, me 1 stock. I took a little fire breath damage over the remainder of the battle. But for the most part I was spot on (now that I was serious). And landed fair after dair after nair and brought him down to his last stock. At that point I had exactly 50 damage and he knew where it was going. If he had done his move when he had 2 stocks left it wouldn't have been a prob. But at this point he knew he had one last chance. Like I said I was trying to prevent it because that is his only kill move he can land on zelda (never gonna hit her with a smash) and I don't particularly care he wishes to stale it out. And had I known it still counted as his win if he did the suicide claw then I would have watched out for it.
yo wtf bro you been ******** for like 3 pages about this... if you lose you lose and get over it and step it up and not get bowsercided next time. You thinking "since the rule has been changed I don't gotta worry about bowsercides" instead of thinking "i need to put myself in a position to not get grabbed at all and win the match" was your own fault. No one cares anymore and seeing u keep going on and on about it is getting annoying. Either way you lost.

BEHR

Smash Hero
yo wtf bro you been ******** for like 3 pages about this... if you lose you lose and get over it and step it up and not get bowsercided next time. You thinking "since the rule has been changed I don't gotta worry about bowsercides" instead of thinking "i need to put myself in a position to not get grabbed at all and win the match" was your own fault. No one cares anymore and seeing u keep going on and on about it is getting annoying. Either way you lost.
lmao tristate

Top Bottom