• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sleepy's Super Awesome Birthday Bash(Battleaxe Chronicles) September 18th, Durham, NC

*CT*

Smash Lord
Chris: There is nothing mental about Uthrow -> Rest. And when I said no one likes to player, I meant that, the OVERWHELMING general consensus among pros especially that I have talked to (read: those people that go to those big tournaments you haven't been to) is **** Jigglypuff. Also, I would probably enjoy fighting Jiggs a lot more if I played Ganon, being that she becomes twice as easy to kill and you typically outrange her and benefit greatly from trading with her. You can't miss one L cancel on shield, get shield grabbed, and die at 10% with Ganon.
So your contradicting this last statement then aren't you?

"Nobody likes to play against her or watch her. For most people (pros and non pros, as well as non smashers)"

So is it now only, "Pro's don't like playing against Jiggs."

EDIT: Yes I've been to big tournaments and yes I think Jiggs vs Jiggs is boring (GFs at P4) But other than that I can watch Jiggs vs anyone and wouldn't give a **** about it.

I've played you (loooong time ago) and watched you play and watched you john and heard you john all the time, over any little thing that you don't like (I mean I don't think anyone else complains about "combos" in Melee) , it gets very tiring and you know what, I don't even play Melee that much and I get tired of your illogical statements. You tend to contradict yourself so much.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Hello! Wow :)
gonna straighten some things out tomorrow but too busy playing some halo wiff Michael rite nao <3
basically, did NOT DQ 7 people lmao.
It is not my responsibility to call people. You are at a tournament, be aware of tourney times.
I had tons of people asking me: "hey do I have time to do whatever before my matches?"
that is what you should have done. Sorry if I have no sympathy, especially since you all went out to get high in the middle of a tournament.
Much more to say, but I am going to go enjoy Michael and I's evening cause he has to go to work tomorrow :(
You did DQ seven people.
Me
Josh
Gofg
Jim
Ocean
Crio
Some other guy.
Lucas

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
So your contradicting this last statement then aren't you?

"Nobody likes to play against her or watch her. For most people (pros and non pros, as well as non smashers)"

So is it now only, "Pro's don't like playing against Jiggs."

I've played you (loooong time ago) and watched you play and watched you john and heard you john all the time, over any little thing that you don't like (I mean I don't think anyone else complains about "combos" in Melee) , it gets very tiring and you know what, I don't even play Melee that much and I get tired of your illogical statements. You tend to contradict yourself so much.

No need for this, NC is a family someone attacked one of our own and now we should too? Im very disappointed in all of you. seriously

Edit, also, CT you play brawl, jiggs isnt a big deal to you because every character is jiggs in that game.

slow and boring. For melee players its different.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I've gotten "I thought you were white" so many times

it was especially common when I hadn't gone to many out of states and I was just being RacistK all the time.
My first meeting with Kevin?
"Wow, sleepy, i thought you were white... cause.. you know, the racism..."
For some reason, I thought PLUR was white. LOL

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
"Call people" Does this mean by phone or just yelling for them? If it's by phone then yeah that's fair(and I'll assume it's a response to either that part of my post or part of the 7 man DQ thing) but if it's about yelling/trying to get people to play then I dunno, but it seemed like you were doing that anyway so I guess you mean by phone.

Either way, there's some of the other side.
{pssssst, pp, i know ur trying but

this isnt helping. just recline ur chair and eat ur popcorn like the rest of us :laugh:}

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well if you DI better, I don't think you can either.

but I sure can get utilt rested if I miss an l cancel on the back of puffs powershield. Actually I may not even have to miss the l cancl. The point is that I shouldn't be hitting puffs back, and you shouldn't be hitting her shield. Hit the l cancel, grab her, and uair her. That's the metagame, I'd assume.

man, I really wish I'd won that set vs you josh, just so I'd see how ud react. You were so congratulatory after my loss, but if I had pulled it out, would ganon vs falco be the worst matchup to play next?

edit: btw ct, I think I'm the inexperienced chris he's referring to. And sorry for any tpos, I'm on my phone in my bed tping as fast as I can.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
{pssssst, pp, i know ur trying but

this isnt helping. just recline ur chair and eat ur popcorn like the rest of us :laugh:}
Clarifying never hurt anyone lol.

I think that not much more can be done until Maria is ready to present her full side anyway. The rest of this discussion will be carried out tomorrow/this week I guess lol.

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
Jim, Crio, Smith, Ocean, Lucas, and myself were all DQ'd when we came back. So there was at least an attempt to DQ 6 people. No DQ's for anyone else for the rest of the day though regardless of how long they held up brackets or how much more crunched we were for time.

And yes, it is actually. Part of being a TO is paying close attention to the progress of matches getting played and making sure they get played.
only you and Smith were DQd upon getting back because no one else had complained about matches not being played. You can not tell me who got DQd because I am the one that did it. Also, I was paying attention just fine to the matches being played. Do not call me out on TOing or I will call you out on you as a tourney guest.

Now, not responding to anything else :) haloooooo

Michael says sup babies

*CT*

Smash Lord
No need for this, NC is a family someone attacked one of our own and now we should too? Im very disappointed in all of you. seriously

Edit, also, CT you play brawl, jiggs isnt a big deal to you because every character is jiggs in that game.

slow and boring. For melee players its different.
Yes, because at the last two tournaments I went to I didn't enter Melee singles at all and just because he is from NC doesn't mean he's right and yes he was "attacked" but he attacked back and I feel as though his statements are wrong and his remarks are inconsistent because in a sense he wasn't just trading blows back, he was **** talking the game you play :p . I mean **** to me I shouldn't give a **** cause I only play Brawl, so the Melee community doesn't mean anything to me :p I mean really I do try to get better at Melee but I obviously don't play the game at all or practice one bit.

Thanks for trying to get me to play Melee more often by saying I'm a Brawl player and I don't understand Melee.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
INB4 more Pointless VA **** talkk.

@CT thats not what im saying at all. i just dont think brawl players can relate, thats why i cant. I dont have a problem with puff because i started with the game that has metaknight in it. but to someone who other than puff has never dealt with that kind of gayness.... is understandable.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
only you and Smith were DQd upon getting back because no one else had complained about matches not being played. You can not tell me who got DQd because I am the one that did it. Also, I was paying attention just fine to the matches being played. Do not call me out on TOing or I will call you out on you as a tourney guest.

Michael says sup babies
lolololololloollololololololol wtf?

edit: mike, i entered a melee tourney last weekend and did well. I am going to actually practice this game (maybe) and wreck everyone who can't play that MU.

I have learned that Brawls entire meta-game is just jiggz in melee. This **** will be easy mode.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Please, don't allow me to represent VA. I am just one person from VA, i tried hard to represent VA well, but because of Josh not understanding me/lying you all think i am a ****... and thats fine but no one else from VA did anything wrong, so don't bring states into this.

*CT*

Smash Lord
INB4 more Pointless VA **** talkk.

@CT thats not what im saying at all. i just dont think brawl players can relate, thats why i cant. I dont have a problem with puff because i started with the game that has metaknight in it. but to someone who other than puff has never dealt with that kind of gayness.... is understandable.
Uuuuh I played Melee way before I played Brawl bro :p I don't think you understand how much I played Melee a few years ago. So yeah I don't think I can relate at all since I've never played the game, I only played it for like 7 years nonstop, add in the inactivity and it would be 9. (Yes the first two or three years are when I was scrubby and thought wavedashing was hacks) Yeah when Brawl came out I did stop playing it because my crew of friends in Fay (The ones I grew up playing Smash with every weekend) started to play Brawl and threw out Melee because it was old. But the reality was that if I could play Melee more often, other than training mode or CPU's I would. I mean yea, I've gotten a few people like Lucas that have PMed me, but I just don't have the time to go to UNCP to play smash. I mean it doesn't seem like much to drive 30 minutes, but when I only have 2 days a week off now and 17 credits (OMG SCHOOL/WORK JOHNS, SMASH IS SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT) I just don't have to time to play the game and get good enough to take one stock off of PP without him SDing.

You know that Brawl doesn't require practice at all and is exactly why I play it, because I can be alright not playing it for a few months and still be decent when I have time to play or go to some random tournament.

Yes I've been upthrow- rested a few times, wall of deathed a few times and everything Jiggs could probably do and more.

EDIT: Yes I'm done arguing/giving out my thoughts and done getting off of Smashboards, if you want to talk to me text me or catch me on FB, I won't get back on unless I intend on going to a Baaaawrl/Melee tournament.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer

Michael says sup babies
errr

You may want to standardize the way you DQ instead of just going by who complained.

I'm not really sure how easy that is for tournaments with more people though.....

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
theres nothing gay about jigglypuff.. ive never seen him sucking another jigglypuffs **** or something

but yeah get ***** guy who practiced his tech skill

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Please, don't allow me to represent VA. I am just one person from VA, i tried hard to represent VA well, but because of Josh not understanding me/lying you all think i am a ****... and thats fine but no one else from VA did anything wrong, so don't bring states into this.
no one is saying anything about u or ur state. Dylan is drunk, and josh... well idk actually what happened between u 2.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Mahone is such an idiot. What in the world. First off, I never said you did have a legit reason for being on the phone. I just said I waited a while. Secondly, Karn and several others heard you being a **** about it. Say what you want now about how you were "trolling" but you were very obviously about to take the win.

I played completely not warmed up and you Uthrow -> Rested me twice. Congratulations, you did the first thing every Jigglypuff learns how to do in order to beat spacies who are better than them. Hardly ****. Spamming knees? I'm pretty sure I was combo'ing you with them. The fact that I even went Falcon should be an obvious indicator to anybody who knows me that I no longer really cared. Third match you rested twice again and I stopped trying after that. I'm very aware of the Dthrow -> Knee gambit and I know the Jiggs match ups with Spacies/Falcon well.

A lot lot lot of how I played was influenced by my mental state. I could have laser camped you with Fox and didn't. I could have DD camped you with Falcon and didn't. I just felt like playing Melee and having fun, which pretty much never involves Jigglypuff. I could have easily ****ed your Spacies/Falcon with Jiggs but I didn't want to talk to you anymore, much less play you.

I don't really think you realize what being high or playing high is like, but I really just wanted to do anything with Melee that did not involve you or Jigglypuff.

Top Bottom