• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

since its hopeless against D3...

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
who would you counterpick against a D3 player?
besides MK...
i tried lucario, but according to their boards, D3 is a bad matchup for Luc as well
and also, not diddy hah, i hate how early he dies

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
It's not just a CG, it's an infinite, and a beastly easy one at that. Grab = death. Other than that DK can't outrange DDD like he can most other characters, and he also can't survive forever against DDD like he usually can.

My Zelda ***** most DDDs I encounter tho, so I think I'm ok. ^ ^

Tujex

Smash Ace
My Marth tends to do pretty well against D3. He's pretty easy tot ip because of his mass size, so I do fairly well against him.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
According to the D3 guide on their boards
Falco
ICs
MK
Olimar
Pikachu
Zelda
ZSS

Gdubs is actually listed as a 5-5 but its not explained, so it may be different since the guide was last updated.

I personally do D3 dittos

GMo

Smash Apprentice
I main Falco and second DK and I tend to do really well against d3s. I can chain them, they can't me.

Only problem Falco has w/ d3 is killing him, but even that isn't too bad.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
pick up falco and play defensively, that's what I did which is why I haven't been around much.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
or you could just get the infinite banned in your area

i play dk, bowser, and luigi aand i'm covered on all matchups if the infinite is banned, including dittos, counterpick luigi on their ***.

if it's not banned, **** it, infinite is gayer than mk, let them eat nado

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
As of now, I consider D3 and ICs the same matchup. Don't get grabbed, both can easily infinite you. However, I have picked up ICs for the sole reason of learning how to infinite D3 instead of the other way around.

I've actually gotten pretty good at it, but I haven't tried it out in an actual fight yet. I just thought it would be funny to infinite a D3 who was planning on infiniting my DK.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I personally think if you space correctly, D3 can't **** you to bad. You both have WoP Bairs. They seems about equal in speed, and his FTilt has better range, but is weak.

Try to use your DownB, DTilt, and FTilt. But if you must, Falco, Marth, and Olimar are good alternatives.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
As a former DeDeDe main my biggest concern was always Pikachu, but I have been away from him for a while so that view may be outdated. Last I checked though, the DeDeDe boards had Olimar listed as their worst match, and that's who I use. It works pretty well.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
If I recall correctly, Pikachu can somewhat CG DeDeDe (a few Fthrows and Dthrows here and there), and it's kinda easy to link your Fairs with tilts and DSmashes since Pika is smooth like that. Thunder's also a ***** against D3. ;)

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
If I recall correctly, Pikachu can somewhat CG DeDeDe (a few Fthrows and Dthrows here and there), and it's kinda easy to link your Fairs with tilts and DSmashes since Pika is smooth like that. Thunder's also a ***** against D3. ;)
Also, QAC combos are easier to land bc D3 is so big. You basically CG him off the stage and then thunder wall, which forces him to use his upB to recover and he is vulnerable when do this.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
...The infinite isn't banned everywhere yet? It really should be. I'm not sure how the match is with no infinites, but seriously, ban that ****...it's been off at every tourney I've ever been to.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
...The infinite isn't banned everywhere yet? It really should be. I'm not sure how the match is with no infinites, but seriously, ban that ****...it's been off at every tourney I've ever been to.
yes, it needs to be. but D3 without the infinite is 60-40 him

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Well, that's certainly not hopeless. I think Falco and Olimar are good secondaries for DK, btw.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Hey, Donkey Bong, let me teach you Falco. He'll eat DDD's alive, plus I won't be the only Falco player around here...

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Gdubs is actually listed as a 5-5 but its not explained, so it may be different since the guide was last updated.
It's cuz Hylian thinks DDD is even. I don't believe him. A number of players including a DDD main don't believe him either on this one.

Our matchup thread went over this one. There was a lot of disagreement among players about this matchup.

Personally me, I'm pretty sure the matchup is at least 6/4 in favor of G&W. I mean, he can space B-airs so he can't get shieldgrabbed. Also, he juggles DDD well, always gets to punish DDD when he recovers, and DDD is also huge, and easy to hit with F-airs.

DDD has pretty much only one reliable KO move, and that's U-tilt, and it's very hard for him to hit a good G&W with U-tilt. Meaning he has to rely on SH aerials on stage or other stupid things. Also, Chef camping > Waddle Dee camping. Besides, DDD shouldn't Waddle Dee camp because he risks throwing a Waddle Doo = free Bucket.

Top Bottom