• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple Questions & Answers Thread (READ FAQ in OP)

crifer

Smash Lord
Try using the A button for the first bair, and C-stick for the second one.
agreed. jumping with x and ging with the thumb directly to A, makes the first bair come out fast, and with the cstick you can space the second better.

daisho

Smash Lord
Try using the A button for the first bair, and C-stick for the second one.
I tried that out and it works moderately well but the z thing works perfectly. I just need to remember to grab with R instead but I usually you L and A anyway so its not that big of a deal.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I don't really pay attention to DK boards much, but an idea kinda popped into my head while I was screwing around in friendlies with people.

Has anyone tried footstool OoS> GFSC side-B?

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Footstools OoS only works against aerials that don't AC. If you try to footstool them during their attack animation (even cooldown lag) you just jump really high. You can footstool them during landing lag though which is why it can work against aerials that don't AC.

jaggedShrapnel

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I don't want to read through 200+ posts.

What character is generally regarded as being DK's best alt? Please answer as soon as possible. Thanks.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I don't want to read through 200+ posts.

What character is generally regarded as being DK's best alt? Please answer as soon as possible. Thanks.
Anything really that can handle King Dedede for example, Falco, Metaknight, Pikachu, Olimar, etc. I don't really know who's the best but really just look for someone who can do well against King Dedede.

daisho

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure its falco.

DDD is also fine if you don't mind the ditto.

It really depends on who your bad matchups are, everybody disagrees on a few matchups (like olimar... some say its 40:60 some say its 60:40).

Really you NEED someone for DDD and the others are optional, DK doesn't have another matchup worse than 60:40

Edit: ninjad... first time thats ever happened to me on the DK boards :)

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
mk matchup has to be worse than 60-40. play m2k or a smart meta and it's extremely difficult.

daisho

Smash Lord
mk matchup has to be worse than 60-40. play m2k or a smart meta and it's extremely difficult.
M2K is the key word in that sentence. If you are playing m2k sure its worse than 60:40, but DKs KO ability is too good to have it be worse than that against a normal MK.

crifer

Smash Lord
actually it´s funny that we thought we had countered k, lol.
experience came and we learned that mk is a pain in the ***

jaggedShrapnel

Smash Cadet
Thanks guys.

One more question. I know it's very opinionated, but who are the 2 or 3 best DK users? I'd like to see some gameplay videos from them, but I don't know who to watch.

crifer

Smash Lord
difficult to say.
bum for sure but he´s not that active anymore.
ripple is great.
cyphus is stepping it up in the last time.
and cbk is great, too.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
My matches at tourneys always make ridiculous hype. I love it when crowds cheer me on.

daisho

Smash Lord
Thanks guys.

One more question. I know it's very opinionated, but who are the 2 or 3 best DK users? I'd like to see some gameplay videos from them, but I don't know who to watch.
Bum is probably the best. The next bunch are pretty equal.

CBK Bigfoot rag ripple... Im definitely missing a couple.
It's because your the leader of the bunch (=
Yeah, we all know him well.

jaggedShrapnel

Smash Cadet
Another question. In the match-up thread, Luigi is listed as 60:40 in DK's favor, but in the description, the writer made it sound as if the match was in Luigi's favor. With lines like "Luigi is stupid good against DK", I'm really confused as to who's favor this match-up is really in. Anybody care to explain?

daisho

Smash Lord
Luigi is one of the characters who nobody really agrees on it. Id say its 50:50 or worse though i can't see it being 60:40... IDK, we can gimp him but he also kills at stupid early percents.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'll change it , along with ICS and oli.

I may even update it also with fox and wario!

daisho

Smash Lord
What way do you guys DI mks D throw?

DIing can lead to juggling but DIing down leads to more throwing if you cant tech it.

Also, falco at a long distance, how do you approach?

daisho

Smash Lord
But he will shoot lasers at you won't he? Do you just PS them?

Also, at a high enough percent can you actually tech MKs D throw?

Thanks for the quick responses.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Er, sometimes it seems D3's Dtilt knocks you horizontal for the KO, and sometimes it knocks you... vertical and you don't get KO'd.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
So how do you guys recover against Dedede's dtilt after a chaingrab? oo
I would just DI the Dtilt and recover normally. You could also turn around charge cancel or use side b to face the other way for Bair.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
I would just DI the Dtilt and recover normally. You could also turn around charge cancel or use side b to face the other way for Bair.
No you can't. At higher percents the knockback would be to much that you would have to try to just recover normally.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
uhhh, pivot reversal sidebs stop momentum almost as well as upb there dude
If you got hit by a Dtilt and got sent down and away, then if you reverse side b you can get hit by a falling Bair. It might be possible to recover like that, so my original post was incorrect, but it doesn't seem as effective.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Fungi is awesome, his first post he uses the Q&A thread instead of starting a new one. Phenomenal.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Lol that slipped my mind. Pretty rare I guess. Hopefully we won't have another old AT thread for a while.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Okay, I seem to be having trouble hugging with Donkey Kong, lol. I can do it with the lighter characters fine, but I can't seem to do it with Dk. Any tips with the timing or how ever you guys hug with DK? lol

daisho

Smash Lord
It certainly is harder with DK. I only do it by accident. When i want to go on the edge i just run off and up b the other way.

But i too am looking for advice on this.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Okay, I seem to be having trouble hugging with Donkey Kong, lol. I can do it with the lighter characters fine, but I can't seem to do it with Dk. Any tips with the timing or how ever you guys hug with DK? lol
practice makes perfect.

I used to think this AT was useless and didn't bother learning the timing until last november

Top Bottom