• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple Questions & Answers Thread (READ FAQ in OP)

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Don't worry about it. In 1/4 spd the c-stick is very buggy and won't work most of the time. You need to use the regular control stick method.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Don't worry about it. In 1/4 spd the c-stick is very buggy and won't work most of the time. You need to use the regular control stick method.
Problem was, I was aware of that from my Kirby testing and was trying to do it at 2/3ds or normal speed seeing as it's a bit less buggy. XD Thanks for correcting me. Honestly, I much prefer being wrong when its to the big guy's advantage. :)

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
DK Board have something about Ledge Combos (Things you can do from the Ledge) ?

Cause I tested one Ledge Combo and I want to Help, posting the Combo.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
DK Board have something about Ledge Combos (Things you can do from the Ledge) ?

Cause I tested one Ledge Combo and I want to Help, posting the Combo.
You mean putting it onto youtube, or what do you mean posting the combo?

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
You mean putting it onto youtube, or what do you mean posting the combo?
I want to post in the DK Boards.

The Combo is:

Ledge -> U-air -> U-smash

I call Konga Ledge.

Unfortunately, Works in Low percents.

I'm thinking to record and post a Thread with the Video, but I'm not sure, once I made a wrong thread about DK's DI.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
I want to post in the DK Boards.

The Combo is:

Ledge -> U-air -> U-smash

I call Konga Ledge.

Unfortunately, Works in Low percents.

I'm thinking to record and post a Thread with the Video, but I'm not sure, once I made a wrong thread about DK's DI.
It's because the information wasn't correct. Try posting the video here first or in the General Discussion (probably here would be your best bet) if you record the video onto youtube.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
It's because the information wasn't correct. Try posting the video here first or in the General Discussion (probably here would be your best bet) if you record the video onto youtube.
I'll post the video here ok?

I'll finish the recordings tomorrow I guess.

Can I post here man ?

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
I'll post the video here ok?

I'll finish the recordings tomorrow I guess.

Can I post here man ?
Yes you can post it here.

At low percents...is this a true combo? Meaning they can't get out of it?
IDK, you'll have to test it for yourself, I don't think so with DI i think you can avoid the u-smash but idk.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
At low percents...is this a true combo? Meaning they can't get out of it?
Works until 40%.

I think is a little bit hard to avoid the Usmash.

Anyway if appear the opportunity to perform Usmash, do it.

Recovering form the Ledge with U-air is the best Bet.

* I decided not post my Video here... I don't have much time to Record. I give up... Sorry.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Anyone ever use DKs jab? Feels like you may as well just Dtilt half the time, unless you plan on using the second part of a jab for something. /shrug

I'm jealous of Yoshi's jab :(

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I use jab alot. When i know im going to get hit or grabbed ill jab and most of the time ill hit them avoiding any damage. Ive also been using the jab to down smash or jab to grab as well.

ook

Smash Lord
yeah I've been using the jab to follow up after grounded up-b, if they go in front of me. Cause utilt hits behind and dtilt hits too low. Jab works :)

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Jab is good after grounded UpB like OOK said...and just use it for mainly getting someone out of your face and prevent your opponent from punishing you. It's fast enough to relieve you of what your opponent might punish you with.

Eyes

Smash Rookie
What is the glitch that DK has on Yoshi's Island with his up-b?
If you drop off the ledge you can up b back on while keeping your super armorfor the move's entirety and end with no lag.

daisho

Smash Lord
If you drop off the ledge you can up b back on while keeping your super armorfor the move's entirety and end with no lag.
That is incorrect.

If you up B onto the stage during the invincibility frames (4-6?) then you get invincibility throughout the move (including ending lag). It can be clanked though.

Super armor is from grounded up B when you leave an edge during the SA you get SA throughout the move.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
if the oponent is farmiliar w/ the glitch, it is very easy to clank and punish, if they have a faster retaliation. If this happens, its prolly best to just shield/roll, jab, or if you're perfectly spaced, GiantPunch, to sort of dodge-punish (cuz he leans back a tiny)

Demp

Smash Journeyman
General tips for Falcos who camp with lasers and forward Bs away when you get close?

daisho

Smash Lord
How do you SHDbair? Am I just too slow or something? I can do it when im facing to the right but only when I really concentrate. When im facing to the left i can't (instead of flicking the c stick a have to get my thumb all the way over and pull it). Do you guys set a trigger to jump or something?

I really need to learn to do that consistently.

Luigi player

Smash Master
How do you SHDbair? Am I just too slow or something? I can do it when im facing to the right but only when I really concentrate. When im facing to the left i can't (instead of flicking the c stick a have to get my thumb all the way over and pull it). Do you guys set a trigger to jump or something?

I really need to learn to do that consistently.
Learn the timing when you can press A/Cstick the soonest or just mash it.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
The easiest way to SH double Bair is to use tap jump with the control stick and c-stick the Bair right after pressing up. If you don't want tap jump on you could just roll your thumb from Y to A while pressing the direction needed for Bair. The trick to double Bairs is doing the first one ASAP from your SH. Doing the second Bair is really easy with the buffer system.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
SH double bair sounds fairly simple to me, but maybe I'm missing something? I guess I'm wondering if the second bair should autocancel or not? There anything special with this double bair or just that the hitbox comes out on a second one?

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
It doesn't AC the hitbox just comes out. He was having problems getting the second one to come out before landing.

daisho

Smash Lord
Try doing it using the c stick without tap jump on... torturous. I need to get used to my new controls that are Z jump and R grab. Flicking z kinda hurts my index finger though...

I just figured out before reading this topic that tap jump would make it easier, but using the same finger is tough.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Try doing it using the c stick without tap jump on... torturous. I need to get used to my new controls that are Z jump and R grab. Flicking z kinda hurts my index finger though...

I just figured out before reading this topic that tap jump would make it easier, but using the same finger is tough.
How can you play with tap jump off? Doing the grounded upB must be a pain...

daisho

Smash Lord
How can you play with tap jump off? Doing the grounded upB must be a pain...
Yeah, I can do it reliably out of game out of a dash but in game i sometimes mess up.

I don't understand you can play with tap jump on... I would always press up before b in the air and miss the ledge :(

Top Bottom