• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple Questions & Answers Thread (READ FAQ in OP)

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Alright, DUB get's priority as my teammate though so if he's not there or wants to team with someone else then we'll team sometime.
I see how you were confused. I should have worded it like this:

DUB gets priority as my teammate so sometime when he isn't there or wants to team with someone else then we'll team.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
What is sakurai combo?
bury then punch

what does 9 wind mean?
wind the punch 9 times, has more knockback, no SA, slightly slower etc.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Could you mention that it has more knockback and no super armor or people will just ask more questions about it.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Ninja edited and added a bit on the second part. (Because IMO thats just to true)
Thanks for editing that for me. BTW i didn't mean this in a rude way I seriously mean thanks lol.

TreK

Is "that guy"
What should I cp and ban to a DK as luigi ?
current habit-> i ban Luigi's mansion, and if it's already banned, Brinstar, and cp RC or Orpheon

ook

Smash Lord
Probably ban Japes, cause it has such a high ceiling (no low-percent shoryuken kills, and DK could probably up-b brake your fsmashes a lot)

Brinstar seems like it would be pretty good for Luigi...

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Is there a way to turn around and down b while dashing without sliding to a stop first?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Depending how far you are going, you can try to True Pivot.

Dash > Dash right > dash left > move

It's a weird pivoting thing, allows you to dash and fsmash.

However - does DK really ever need to run? Is dash attack worth it? I would think walking would be the best choice - and you can do that from a walk AFAIK

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Walking is generally better but I would like to be able to retreat and down b. True pivot wouldn't work because dk can't down b during his initial dash.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
True pivots would work because it gets you into a standing position. You can't true pivot from a run though only an initial dash. True pivots are too hard for me to do personally. I find GFSC's to be easier.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Well a true pivot is basically canceling an initial dash with a turn around. The turn around leaves you in a standing position facing the opposite direction you dashed from. If you do it wrong you dash backwards instead of just turning around. You dash then quicly press forwards then backwards.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I've always had that make me dash back so I guess I've done it wrong. I usually use it to retreating fsmash by dashing away then tapping away and csticking back towards my opponent.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Well you have to dash, press forward, press backwards, and let go all within 15 frames of you starting your dash or else you will just dash backwards. It relies on buffering to actually cancel the dash forwards with a turn around instead of a backwards dash. You can't b-reverse the down b unfortunately.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
This isn't a DK specific question, but I figured the DK's would know better than anyone. My memory is rusty, you can grab a character out of SA frames right?

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
This isn't a DK specific question, but I figured the DK's would know better than anyone. My memory is rusty, you can grab a character out of SA frames right?
Sorry I don't know the answer to that. I'd guess yes since it just absorbs the damage from the hit and let the move continue on.

BTW my question is can DK hug the wall like jump off stage the grab the ledge?

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Yes anyone can grab someone through a super armor move.

@ Hinoarashi - Yes he can. I feel its harder to do this with someone smaller but yes he can.

You undercover agent you....

I personally ban Frigate (Snake ***** me there) and I CP Norfair. (Platforms are a god send for me)

But I'm a scrubby DK.
What!?

I need help figuring it out, best to go to the source for help. I'll keep that in mind thanks.

ook

Smash Lord
I usually ban smashville or FD (cause of grenades).
And CP luigi's mansion if it's legal. If it's not, then yoshi's island or norfair or japes or delfino or something, depending how they play.

but usually DK doesn't need to CP against Snake ;)

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
You undercover agent you....

I personally ban Frigate (Snake ***** me there) and I CP Norfair. (Platforms are a god send for me)

But I'm a scrubby DK.
1. )What other reasons to counterpick Norfair when you're Donkey Kong besides the platforms? Maybe the low ceiling for early up smash/ up tilt/ up air kills?
2. )And how do the platforms assist you when you're DK on there anyways?

daisho

Smash Lord
1. )What other reasons to counterpick Norfair when you're Donkey Kong besides the platforms? Maybe the low ceiling for early up smash/ up tilt/ up air kills?
Just adding in, D smash is also a vertical killer and is probably DKs easiest to land except for the punch.

ook

Smash Lord

1.) Yep, pretty much. You get really quick kills on the top platforms.
And it's a big stage from everywhere else or if you get hit the other way, so up-b braking is pretty useful (especially with the multiple ledges and platforms to land it on) and cargo throwing into the lava/capsule. down-b in the capsule

2.) bairs and uptilts and upairs, and down-b basically covers the entire platforms.

Top Bottom