• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? ***Take 3***

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
We're all just too afraid to get a PM one day stating "I'm Sorry, the princess is on another board."
I lol'd

Also,
why oh why oh why did you add the not sure option, Samuraipanda?

Not being sure doesn't help the results at all. If someone isn't sure, then they should wait until they are sure enough before voting. If anything, it skews the results.

I'd argue MK not being banned, but then I'd receive the usual MK main flaming and accusations; it really isn't worth it.

But hey, have fun destroying the game you love.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Dojo said:
DSF didn't go MK at first because he saw me 3-0 Tyrant in a set just before that. I also 2-0'd Tyrant's MK in winners earlier that day. I was also going close to even with M2K in friendlies all day.

After the first 2 matches against his Snake though, what other choice did he really have?
I didn't see this in the last topic...which is now closed so I'm replying to it here:

My statement stands...it was a desperate measure. He had no other choices. Snake, the second best character in the game didn't stand a chance vs. your MK.

He switched to MK, and the match was actually pretty close, but you still came out on top.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
the best legitimate reason behind banning mk is that he destroys the cp system, which is true and a good reason to ban a character when your fighter revolves around a counterpick system.
No U!

This is as logical for banning Peach for using items! Anyone who has a move which cannot be DI:ed! Anyone who has a move which cannot be SDI:ed! Simply being different from the norm and working outside of one or several of the "pillars of Smash" does not mean you have a good reason to ban them.

They're just different. Adapt.

They may not have been represent BY YOUR standards but they were represent VERY VERY VERY well in REALITY.
He never said no good players were there, he said the other characters were not represented fairly in comparison to Meta Knight.

Meta Knight had the three best MKs in the world representing him. Your lists mostly consists of "Top 3-5" X-players. You have one single "Best" player, and that's a Samus. 2nd-5th best X-players + Best Samus vs. 3 best MKs in the world, how could that possibly not end up with the MKs dominating the top placements?!

Of course MKs are going to take the top spots when MK is the best character in the game. That is not fair representation.

This is why I hated biased tournament results being used to "prove" MK needs to be banned.

Then I skipped ahead to page 174. Despite the forum claiming there to be a page 175-176, I cannot access them and when I posted this post, it ended up on page 174, so I have to assume it's a glitch and that page 174 is indeed the latest page.

I didn't see this in the last topic...which is now closed so I'm replying to it here:

My statement stands...it was a desperate measure. He had no other choices. Snake, the second best character in the game didn't stand a chance vs. your MK.

He switched to MK, and the match was actually pretty close, but you still came out on top.
DSF's Snake didn't "stand a chance" (and that's a loaded statement. Were you there? did Ally get 2-stocked twice? Or did he only get 1-stocked with Dojo at high %s?) against Dojo's MK.

A player vs. Another player.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You clearly mean DSF, not Ally, because Ally was busy winning the Midwest Circuit Event over in Ohio while WHOBO took place.

gallax

Smash Hero
No U!

Meta Knight had the three best MKs in the world representing him. Your lists mostly consists of "Top 3-5" X-players. You have one single "Best" player, and that's a Samus. 2nd-5th best X-players + Best Samus vs. 3 best MKs in the world, how could that possibly not end up with the MKs dominating the top placements?!
i like how 2nd-5th bes of x-players lose in your discussion here. that means any 2nd best person with another OTHER character to will lose or even the 3rd best with any OTHER. to me that says MK rules the result...not the player. and it unquestioned in your mind that the MK's will dominate, which is clearly deduced from your retorical statement at the end. you are obviously biased that MK is no doubt the most dominant char in the game.

im just pointing out how you have contradicted your player vs player statement. nothing more. i actually agree that right now MK is still somewhat beatable therfore not ban worthy.i voted no on banning MK. i dont think people aren't ready for it just yet. plus i love it when i kill a MK. so satisfying.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
i like how 2nd-5th bes of x-players lose in your discussion here. that means any 2nd best person with another OTHER character to will lose or even the 3rd best with any OTHER. to me that says MK rules the result...not the player. and it unquestioned in your mind that the MK's will dominate, which is clearly deduced from your retorical statement at the end. you are obviously biased that MK is no doubt the most dominant char in the game.
2nd-5th best of any character vs. 3 very best MKs in the world will most probably lose, yes.

Why? For one thing, do we even know if the "2nd best X-player" is even close to Dojo (whom I believe is considering the 2nd best MK player) in terms of mindgames and technical ability? Also, some of these people play characters with ****ty match-ups against MK, so that's already a handicap there.

It's hardly fair representation when no characters were being represented by their very best player (in the world) besides Samus (and MK) while MK had his 3 very best players present. That was my point.

I also said "top placements", not "top 3 placements". With MK's 3 very best players present, it is expected they'll do well and take at least two Top 10 placements. Of course, they did much better than that.

im just pointing out how you have contradicted your player vs player statement.
No I didn't.

I said that 2nd-5th best pales in comparison to 3 very best.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yup. WHOBO is kinda bad to take as a comparison because it had some of the best MKs in the States, while most of the MK-"slayers" were not there. Of course if there are many incredible MKs and only a handful of incredible other characters, the MKs are more likely to place higher.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What are you talking about? The other characters were not fairly represented at all. Who cares whether some good Sonics were there? Sonic isn't viable anyways. I say it again: The best players of the best characters except Meta Knight were not at Whobo (except CO18 and DSF who used MK like once in the bracket and prolly never even won with him...CO18 got top5 anyways):

Snake: Ally, Candy, Afro Thundah
Wario: Fiction, Reflex
G&W: OBM, LeePuff
Falco: DEHF, SK92, Kismet
King Dedede: Atomsk, Teba
Diddy Kong: ADHD, *cough*Ninja Link*cough*
Ice Climbers: Meep
Kirby: ChuDat

All of these players are capable to beat good MKs consistently. None of them were there. On the other hand all good MK players except teh_spamerer took part so it was obvious something like that would happen. Compare it to the results from "Brawl till you fall" and it looks entirely different: Top 3 were M2K, a Dedede and a Diddy Kong. The rest of the top10 included a Pikachu/Pit (Ninja Link), Zamus (Dazwa) and Snake (Candy).

:059:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i think people are taking just the top 3 placements and using those people to prove the MK isnt broken idea. when, as i remember, the problem wasnt that the top 3 was all MK, as much as the fact that like the top 13-17 was like more than 50% MK. Thats more of a problem to me than just DSF, M2K and Dojo winning. It was more that even if you took them out, 6-7 out of the next 10 guys played MK as well

Tristan_win

Not dead.
heh, the poll for "yes" is below 50%

although I votes "Yes" to make this poll to go away among with the drama I don't really care if meta knight stays ^_^. I'm just glad we most likely wont see it again now since people are starting to think meta knight isn't game breaking.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
heh, the poll for "yes" is below 50%

although I votes "Yes" to make this poll to go away among with the drama I don't really care if meta knight stays ^_^. I'm just glad we most likely wont see it again now since people are starting to think meta knight isn't game breaking.
Yes, and the "no" poll is below 40%, meaning it was hit even harder by the fact that there is a third option. "Yes" lost 5-6% of the total vote, "No" lost about 7-8% of the total vote.

I find the fact that when you list the "MK Killers" and there are only 16 names in itself proof that MK needs to go. I mean, it's basically saying "Use MK, or be one of these 16 people in North America. Other wise you won't be in top 8 if MK is properly represented." You shouldn't be able to count the other people who can win without using MK on your fingers and toes.

EDIT: Yays for my 1000th post being in a MK debate. >_>

bow master1

Smash Apprentice
metaknight is **** and all but he shouldnt be banned.they should just give new moves that arent as hard 2 or get around.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Yes, and the "no" poll is below 40%, meaning it was hit even harder by the fact that there is a third option. "Yes" lost 5-6% of the total vote, "No" lost about 7-8% of the total vote.

I find the fact that when you list the "MK Killers" and there are only 16 names in itself proof that MK needs to go. I mean, it's basically saying "Use MK, or be one of these 16 people in North America. Other wise you won't be in top 8 if MK is properly represented." You shouldn't be able to count the other people who can win without using MK on your fingers and toes.

EDIT: Yays for my 1000th post being in a MK debate. >_>
anyone could beat meta knight with other characters, these people are listed because they do it at the highest level, likewise when you're talking about top MK's that are highly likely to win there's probably like 7-10 that you'd mention...it's not like only 16 people(random number...) can beat meta knight period lol

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
(except CO18 and DSF who used MK like once in the bracket and prolly never even won with him...CO18 got top5 anyways):
Ironically, CO18 lost to a Lucario main who used MK as a counterpick when he knew he couldn't win with his main.
(Lee Martin)

meepxzero

Smash Master
Ironically, CO18 lost to a Lucario main who used MK as a counterpick when he knew he couldn't win with his main.
(Lee Martin)
no offense to CO18, but he played the match up like butt. Atomsk woulda utilted all those tornados that Lee spammed.

He just lacks experience against metaknight has nothing to do with banning him.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Haha this Thread is soo f***ing glitchy xD

I cant go further than Page 175 xD

Btw. the Pro-Ban side has now less than 50% ._.

Ravin

Smash Lord
The Metaknight Slayers dont beat the top Metaknight players. Then take them down a match or stock or two at best.

But you still see MK at the top.

Or someone with Snake/MK.
Or (INsert BS Characters)/(Pick MK to Not have to Worry about being CP or stage CP'd. )

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
(Lee Martin)
Lucario's matchup with Dedede is horrible, though, and yea, what Meep said, too. Lee Martin also is one of the better MKs out there. He only went MK in that match, too.

The Metaknight Slayers dont beat the top Metaknight players. Then take them down a match or stock or two at best.

But you still see MK at the top.
Yes, but that has nothing to do with MK, but with their players.

Ravin

Smash Lord
It has plenty to do with MK. xD

The players know he is that good. Thats why most people secondary him. If not already main him.

I personally use Red MK, then switch to White, just to mix it up.

No seriously. Thats just what I see. But Im not voting till I see after genesis. But typically here in colorado he doesnt dominate the top but we do have a lot of people who simply come and play as MK... i think 8/10th of our roaster was once MK back a few months ago... It was disgusting.

Edit - If you havnt noticed. I find the whole situation a joke. Its up to you to figure out which side of the joke I am on.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
It has plenty to do with MK. xD

The players know he is that good. Thats why most people secondary him. If not already main him.
Of course they know he's good. But I repeat: I have my doubts that M2K would place worse if he still used Dedede.
I don't know how Dojo would place, considering he mained MK since day 1, but I dunno.

I personally use Red MK, then switch to White, just to mix it up.
I lol'd - for real.

Ravin

Smash Lord
He did place worse, which is why he dropped D3 for MK to increase his winnings.

Glad you like humor. <3

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
When M2K picked up MK, the blue swordspuff wasn't thought to be the best, yet alone good (wasn't he considered being like... mid tier or something in the beginning?). He picked Meta Knight because he liked the playstyle.

Ravin

Smash Lord
In his blog he said "He wasnt cutting it for me" and said "I enjoy playing MK"

To me it sounds like a john. And nothing greater was discovered after M2K dropped D3. And was still consider to be in its prime. The only reason he is so high is because grab and repeat or spam some Bairs in your playstyle. But he does get technical...

But not by very much.

The point still stands now though that, Many people drop their characters because it "Doesnt cut it" and pick up MK.

Brawl = Money.

My significant other is yelling at me to do dishes -.-. Dont grow up kids.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
When M2K picked up MK, the blue swordspuff wasn't thought to be the best, yet alone good (wasn't he considered being like... mid tier or something in the beginning?). He picked Meta Knight because he liked the playstyle.
Uh, MK was considered the 2nd best back then, just behind snake. And look at the SBR discussion of him. They even thought way back then that he was the best.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Nah. xD

She'd end up pulling a guilt trip, mind gaming me into SDing and in the end id simply lose.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Im not married. I just live with her and her parents. XD

edit - But this isnt, Lets listen to Ravins sad life story about PMS and Dishes.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Why do you live with her and her parents.

(It is now. Keep it off-topic, Ravin!)

Ravin

Smash Lord
Oh God -Facepalm-

Because when i was 14 i moved out here with my dad, moved out when I was 18, we started dating when I was 16.

When I move dout when I was 18 My dad moved back to Maryland. I got stuck out here by myself. We dated for so long I cant afford a house for her because she cant work (Panic disorder) So I moved in with her and pay her family rent for a place downstairs.

Happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom