• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? ***Take 3***

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
This thread is like a really rocky relationship.

Everyone fights and yells for several pages, and then everyone just kind of chills and mellows out for a couple. There's cake, people mock the trolls, and I hear when M2K gets back he's going to start up a volleyball game.

By the way, Jerm? Your sig is wrong. TX is top 2.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yes, because it really matters...................................................................

The community isn't split enough in one direction for this to matter that much.

bigman40

Smash Master
lol @ everyone sitll getting DM's avatar :laugh:

In all seriousness for the MK ban, just let the SBR choose what to do. Everyone should be focusing on getting better with your characters now, and learning any kind of strategies to take down others (like MK). Complaining won't get things done for you.

Suspect

Smash Hero
So like Sir 0 said...are we just gonna keep this thread open until the yes % drops below the no % so we can have more stupid arguments?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Wtf.. I care because you keep re insisting that you dont like the game.. yet you argue with people about it. If you dont like it.. why do you care so much? Previously you argued with me about the TL marth match up, and now your arguing about the MK ban. But I see no reason to argue over something you dont care about.. yet thats why I was asking you. Also, your second sentence.. what does that have to do anything. I am a influential figure to my state, and character also.. whats your point?
I'm an old head jerm. To see how things have turned out.. bah, w/e. Also there is a difference between arguing and debating. I don't recall ever arguing about a match-up in all my years of competive gaming.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
So like Sir 0 said...are we just gonna keep this thread open until the yes % drops below the no % so we can have more stupid arguments?
The reason we have a not sure option is essentially so people can say, Let's see what happens at Genesis. What happens there will tip the community one of two ways.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
The thread has only been open for four days.

Unless it can be closed while still allowing the poll to remain open, I doubt it will be closed just yet.

Suspect

Smash Hero
oh yea that's so it, i could ban MK at my tournies at any time.

i really dont care about him being banned i just want him banned to see the outcome and see how much changes

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
lol @ everyone sitll getting DM's avatar :laugh:

In all seriousness for the MK ban, just let the SBR choose what to do. Everyone should be focusing on getting better with your characters now, and learning any kind of strategies to take down others (like MK). Complaining won't get things done for you.
No because the Stubborn, Biased, and one-sided.

Does Vega have similar moveset potential to the D tier in Brawl against their respective cast members? Because if it is not that, then I have no idea what you are trying to convey.
Vega should never beat anything.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I'm not complaining as if i don't know anything. I quit the SBR because of those reasons.

bigman40

Smash Master
I'm not complaining as if i don't know anything. I quit the SBR because of those reasons.
Oh snap! I read that completely wrong. My bad.

Edit: Honestly, I just feel that the community has gone to complete **** here with all the complaining, arguing, and other various stuff. It makes me sad :(

Dekar173

Justice Man
This is only true if you ignorantly assume that all or most of the "not sure" options were previously slighted towards your own bias.
Statistically speaking, 5 people will vote yes, 4 will vote no. That's the general trend of this poll.

As was suggested by one of the previous posters, an exit poll would be a nifty addition to polls like this.

"Do you think wi-fi reflects exactly how good you are?"

"Do you think Obama is a Muslim?"

"Have you ever even gone to a live tournament, let alone placed?"

"What is your main?"

Or any other intelligence/skill determining questions.

Sky`

Smash Lord
Cultivate your hunger before you Idealise

Riding the fence, Hard.

Cause ever since I picked up Game and Watch...
MK's have been less and less of a problem for me.​

Motivate your anger, and make them all realise...

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Sky you picked up G&W to deal with MK...

I wish I lived where you did. All the MK I play know how to counter G&W. It makes me sad. Very sad.

Jski

Smash Apprentice
Whom ever is in charges of the torment is going to set the rules the way they want so the very idea of banning any thing seems a bit foolish and pontless.

cutter

Smash Champion
So basically dmbrandon made his 13288473847th account? No wonder the pages seem so screwed up...

Also, random fact... (Zac can agree with me on this) but Meta's up B is the best attack in the game without question.

Discuss.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sky you picked up G&W to deal with MK...

I wish I lived where you did. All the MK I play know how to counter G&W. It makes me sad. Very sad.
I'm slowly learning how to deal with them. But yeah both our MK mains know the GW match-up inside and out :/.

I've got some new tricks for next time I play them though :p. (Or dojo at least since Infinity's playing kirby now).

I question if it's better than the tornado.

Anyway, what is the SBR looking for in votes? It looks like to me nothing will be changing at all even if this is left up for another month. Even since octover opinions are still similar.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Whom ever is in charges of the torment is going to set the rules the way they want
Yes they will. O_O
I've got some new tricks for next time I play them though :p. (Or dojo at least since Infinity's playing kirby now).
Wait, what? A MK main switched to Kirby? Is this for real?

During my stay at Smashboards, I've seen the majority of the Kirby boards either quit the game, or switch to maining MK. Some also just pick him up as a secondary, and a very few start maining another character.

But yeah, not many left. It's shocking to see someone going from Meta Knight to a Meta Knight without a sword that can actually get punished for making mistakes.

imo

By the way, I finally voted. "No"

I'm not sure why. I really think the game would be more interesting/fun/balanced/etc. without him. But I'm against the ban for now.

I think that people play to win, JUST to win, and they don't enjoy the game...I think those people need to play something else and get a job.

But yeah, I voted no for now. If GENESIS results are absolutely ridiculous, meaning 6+ of the top 8 use MK, and there is a vast number of MKs in the rest of the tournament, I might change my mind, but I'm voting "no" for now.

By the way, the Kirby:MK matchup is considered 55:45 Meta Knight's favor
though it's probably worse than that
so drop by the Kirby boards and start seconding Kirby, since like nobody plays him anymore, kthx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom