• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? ***Take 3***

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
LMFAO @ planks vid

the commentary was too good
Agreed.

I'm wondering why the hell Plank's thread was locked like immediately without ANY mod saying who it was or even why lol.
The flame war that would ensue about not only MK but planking.

After that - I went from hating Plank to wanting his children. That guy is just too funny. :laugh:

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
LOL i respect the closing of the thread, it's fine. i'm just glad the post wasn't deleted.

salaboB

Smash Champion
You think MK's d-smash has less than 6 frames of lag?

It's 25.

Pro-ban: Legion of Ignorant Fools

that has to make stuff up because they can't react in 25 frames

If everyone was really good at Brawl, we wouldn't be having this debate... ~_~
...this from Inui.

Yep. I'm hurt.

Btw, chances are "less lag than that" meant startup time before it hit -- ie, you can't even shield close to on reaction, you must input your command at least 2 frames before the opposing MK even begins his dsmash or you're eating it. If only everyone were excellent at understanding what people meant to say, we'd have had this discussion over with months ago.

Edit: Plairnkk your thread was hilarious.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion

wow are u that aerogant there are top players that think mk needs a ban and that are using him just to try to get him banned by creating a problem dont be so ignorant yourself anti-bans

L666

Smash Cadet
Yeah, everyone else thought it was hilarious.

You must just suck as a human being.
I wish. It's nothing personal, I just hate the entire human race. :)

wow are u that aerogant there are top players that think mk needs a ban and that are using him just to try to get him banned by creating a problem
First you criticize him for generalization, then:

dont be so ignorant yourself anti-bans

.AC.

Smash Lord
wow are u that aerogant there are top players that think mk needs a ban and that are using him just to try to get him banned by creating a problem dont be so ignorant yourself anti-bans

your statement makes no sense whatsoever,cannot back it up and is somewhat full of flaws that i find insulting as you are just making arguments that dont make sense and calling someone who just made a reasonable argument ignorant

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
LOL no top player would miss a tournament because of a stupid ban issue. Even if he was banned, it would only be RECOMMENDED ruleset. there is still going to be regions where he will never be banned.

The way i see it now, is no matter what logical arguments the anti-ban side gives, the pro-ban side will just keep spewing out more and more dumb arguments. The people who really did champion for your cause intelligently dont even post here anymore.
thankfully your looking at it the wrong way.

salaboB

Smash Champion
your statement makes no sense whatsoever,cannot back it up and is somewhat full of flaws that i find insulting as you are just making arguments that dont make sense and calling someone who just made a reasonable argument ignorant
Inui's argument was reasonable? o.O

I suppose for "Misinterpreted the post he was responding to" it was perfectly reasonable (Edit: Though the insults attached were unjustified -- given how ridiculous his misinterpretation made the post it should have been a warning flag to him that he was reading it wrong). Would you be calling a point made to ban MK that was so insultingly written reasonable, or is it just because he's on the side of not banning MK?

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I agree with the fact that some of the anti-ban people are the ones who cannot beat Meta Knight, definitely. There are probably a good 30-40% of pro ban MK players that just....suck and are scrubs and complain about his gayness. I know that if I actually cared about being good at Brawl I could probably be a very good player. I don't travel and just attend CT tournaments and I've always placed consistently high at all of them including the Esticles....I just....don't care. I'd care more if Meta Knight was banned ironically enough.

.AC.

Smash Lord
Inui's argument was reasonable? o.O

I suppose for "Misinterpreted the post he was responding to" it was perfectly reasonable (Edit: Though the insults attached were unjustified -- given how ridiculous his misinterpretation made the post it should have been a warning flag to him that he was reading it wrong). Would you be calling a point made to ban MK that was so insultingly written reasonable, or is it just because he's on the side of not banning MK?

he calls anti-bans ignorant while making a totally irrelevant post to which he was responding to inui´s argument that if people were good enough there would be no reason to ban mk,which in my opinion is totally right.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Normally don't come on the boards that much anymore, but the topic is too good to pass up on.

Should MK be banned? Yes

Why?

Forget the people who can not handle the matchup for a second. I was not here for the whole debate about it, and I wouldn't bother reading 400 some odd pages, but for a character to have a positive matchup on 99.5% of the cast is kind of one sided. Most of us here know how to do the matchup, but the fact of that character who has an arsenal of moves that come out fast enough to punish most characters, and have little lag at the end of almost each of them is kind of crazy. There is a reason why MK is the most common pick among the community and its not because hes cute. Despite the fact that some people can not do the match up, still does not change the fact that he has an advantage on almost everyone in the game. Thats like saying "Hey, Lets not ban Akuma from street fighter because people know how to do the matchup" And although that is true, that still doesn't change the fact that he is still a character that has almost nothing bad going for him.

Edit: I sound redundant but it isn't a bad thing, it just proves and emphasizes on what I'm trying to point out. Also, if he does get banned, the east coast wouldn't dare try to get rid of their MK's, its a dominate character on our coast. What would they do if they didn't have their character, O what would they do.

PS: The above edit for the most past is sarcasm.

.AC.

Smash Lord
well is he unbeatable?or even close to unbeatable?

Not Even Close!!

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
But for a character to have a positive matchup on 99.5% of the cast is kind of one sided. Most of us here know how to do the matchup, but the fact of that character who has an arsenal of moves that come out fast enough to punish most characters, and have little lag at the end of almost each of them is kind of crazy.
So is your stance:

"He deserved to be banned because he's too good"?

Yea... no.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
No, but the fact that he has NO BAD MATCH UPS and is amazing on every stage is ********.

Also, i've said this numerous times as well but IF A PLAYER beats a meta knight its almost always close and down to the last stock. Every character in the game has to be defensive against him. It's stupid. The whole point of Brawl and fighting games in general is for a form of balance and MK disrupts this.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
He sucks on Green Greens, at the least.

He has one equal match-up, at the least.

Yay for MK being a fair character.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
LOL at Green Greens. I'm pretty sure his shuttle loop kills at like 20% and a reverse dsmash will do the same. Everyone is pretty good on Green Greens IMO. Ok, GAW sucks there but hes also amazing because his u and d smash **** people. Sonic sucks there but now his f smash can actually KO! Everyone is good and sucks there at the same time lol It's like saying Meta Knight is bad on Jungle Japes. Every character is good or at least decent on that level with minor exceptions. Heck, even jigglypuff is amazing on Jungle Japes.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Colorado, and Oregon too.

There's also Yoshi's Island Melee - but I rarely play there myself, and I don't even wanna imagine were that's legal. xD

@ POF

Nope, ironically, if he performs any special he dies.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
(Tries to find the match where the meta knight camped on the ledge the entire match on Green Greens after 1 successful upB in a meta knight ditto...............)

If anyone knows the match i'm talking about, i love you.

salaboB

Smash Champion
he calls anti-bans ignorant while making a totally irrelevant post to which he was responding to inui´s argument that if people were good enough there would be no reason to ban mk,which in my opinion is totally right.
Inui's related argument (ie, the one that the guy you responded to was responding to) was that the other guy was an idiot for saying MK's dsmash had less than 6 frames of lag. Which it does ... on startup. Inui was the one who assumed (You know what they say about when you assume, right?) the guy meant cooldown, and proceeded to layer on insults for it. And Inui assumed wrong.

For the argument you think you were defending (Which you weren't, because nobody was paying any attention to it so there was nothing to defend it against): If people were "better" it might also mean they'd all play MK because he gives the best chances of winning, so...um...yeah. Let's not even play the "if" game on something we can't possibly predict the outcome for.

Pointing out that he made a generalization immediately after complaining about one was about the only fair point you had in your response.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Everyone is good and sucks there at the same time lol It's like saying Meta Knight is bad on Jungle Japes. Every character is good or at least decent on that level with minor exceptions. Heck, even jigglypuff is amazing on Jungle Japes.
No, it's actually pretty simple: the lighter character receives a disadvantage on Green Greens. MK sucks there for several reasons - the major one being that he's light, similar to G&W. The one buff he receives is one that EVERY character receives: killing earlier.

That's also a terrible Jungle Japes comparison - it's actually the opposite of this one; the lighter character benefits due to the gigantic ceiling. Surprise surprise, Jigglypuff benefits.

cutter

Smash Champion
Colorado, and Oregon too.

There's also Yoshi's Island Melee - but I rarely play there myself, and I don't even wanna imagine were that's legal. xD

@ POF

Nope, ironically, if he performs any special he dies.
OR does not have Green Greens legal.

It's WA that has it legal along with other gay stages like No Fair.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
WA, OR, The One That Praxis Lives In...

One of those corner-y states.

.AC.

Smash Lord
i never said anything about inui being right about mk dsmash.i responded to that other guys argument about his generalization on anti-bans being ignorant.the only thing related to inui´s argument was that if people were better there would be no need for this debate.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
No, it's actually pretty simple: the lighter character receives a disadvantage on Green Greens. MK sucks there for several reasons - the major one being that he's light, similar to G&W. The one buff he receives is one that EVERY character receives: killing earlier.

That's also a terrible Jungle Japes comparison - it's actually the opposite of this one; the lighter character benefits due to the gigantic ceiling. Surprise surprise, Jigglypuff benefits.
Its not necessarily about weight...

Japes is about three things

ability to outcamp
speed
horizontal KO ability

Iwan

Smash Ace
One thing I hate about the f*****g east coast.......like, that I really REALLY F*****G HATE.

SO MUCH.

Is that all of the dam tournament hosts, no matter who it is, always bans Japes. And it's seriously ******** that it's never legal. Ever.

It is sometimes, but not enough......UGH.

*finished with random angry rant*

I love counterpicking MK to Greens, simply for the reason that Meno already brought up; He dies extremely fast there. The ceiling is so ridiculously low that an upsmash can get the job done real fast....and with the bomb blocks present, metaknight doesn't have the option of "attack attack attack attack zomgpressure" like he normally does.

It's nice when a MK player gets taken out by bomb blocks because they aren't aware of how to best utilize their options on the stage. lol.

Too bad east coast bans two of the best counterpicks in the game on a waaaaay to often basis. -_-

Nic64

Smash Lord
Inui's related argument (ie, the one that the guy you responded to was responding to) was that the other guy was an idiot for saying MK's dsmash had less than 6 frames of lag. Which it does ... on startup. Inui was the one who assumed (You know what they say about when you assume, right?) the guy meant cooldown, and proceeded to layer on insults for it. And Inui assumed wrong.
that would be his fault for not knowing his terminology, lag has always referred to cooldown time in smash, only in like the past year or so have I seen a significant number of people use it to refer to startup...

I'm blaming brawl being a mediocre game lol

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
No, but the fact that he has NO BAD MATCH UPS and is amazing on every stage is ********.

Also, i've said this numerous times as well but IF A PLAYER beats a meta knight its almost always close and down to the last stock. Every character in the game has to be defensive against him. It's stupid. The whole point of Brawl and fighting games in general is for a form of balance and MK disrupts this.
Always close. Down to the last stock. Everyone has to be defensive. **** that's like Brawl.

We should ban it.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Bowser is probably 60:40 in Meta Knights disadvantage, tyvm.

Edit:
Or are you speaking of bad matchups in the sense of hard counter matchups? If so, then we'd have to ban:
Meta Knight
Snake
Wario
Kirby
Marth (since Meta Knight is his only hard matchup, and with Meta Knight gone, he has no more bad matchups)
Peach (since with Meta Knight, Snake and Marth gone, her hard counters have disappeared)
Pikachu (with Marth gone, his only hard counter is, too!)
Mr. Game & Watch (with Marth and Snake gone, his hard counters have vanished)
Falco (with Kirby and G&W gone, he has no more hard counters)

and probably some more I've forgotten or can't tell the matchups off of my head. But I think you see the trend.

swordgard

Smash Hero
You think MK's d-smash has less than 6 frames of lag?

It's 25.

Inui, ignorant person who puts everyone in the same bag.

Seriously, maybe people would like you better if you stopped attacking persons directly. You cant assume everyone thought it was 6. Stop failing. Most people said here dsmash comes out on frame 6(cant remember exactly which frame, i think its 4 in reality). And whatsover, attacking everyones skills wont do much, when people like fiction were for the ban. Most probably lots of people BETTER than you were for it. So stop attacking people directly. You can say ones argument is wrong, but you cant say were all stupid because of this.

Nic64

Smash Lord
when people like fiction were for the ban
has fiction himself ever come out and said this? he was arguing pretty strongly against the ban and then sky said that he's for it

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I think this is the tenth time, if not more, that someone has asked about Fiction.

Someone confirm it for the love of your god or a lack of one.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Bowser is probably 60:40 in Meta Knights disadvantage, tyvm.

Edit:
Or are you speaking of bad matchups in the sense of hard counter matchups? If so, then we'd have to ban:
Meta Knight
Snake
Wario
Kirby
Marth (since Meta Knight is his only hard matchup, and with Meta Knight gone, he has no more bad matchups)
Peach (since with Meta Knight, Snake and Marth gone, her hard counters have disappeared)
Pikachu (with Marth gone, his only hard counter is, too!)
Mr. Game & Watch (with Marth and Snake gone, his hard counters have vanished)
Falco (with Kirby and G&W gone, he has no more hard counters)

and probably some more I've forgotten or can't tell the matchups off of my head. But I think you see the trend.
Lol so bower is metaknights worst match up? Or are you going to say that Snake is 70-30 MK's disadvantage now?

If bowser is so good against the character that once again has gone above the S rank in tournament placings why does he only have 4 tournament placings in the top 8? And not even a single win...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom