• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short notice [details inside] MADfest: 01-21-12 Melee All Day Video Game Event!

July

Smash Apprentice
we at upenn would love to have a smash tournament.
My Gf and my friend Vorosh go there, so we will deff find out. : D Maybe even get free room. (if fee is free, then no venue fee :p)
Yes, definitely!! So Vorosh and I (I'm Ran's gf btw lol) would like to start a smash group at upenn (maybe called UP-Smash?), that way we could get the upenn smash community together, hold tournaments and hopefully get a venue for free, like Ran said :D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Which is why I said maybe you could ask him if he'd let some melee go down there.......
Maybe. : ] I'll figure something out. : D

Btw well I'mma wait and have Aicila and Vorosh look into that. (they are making a smash club at Upenn, so if you go to Upenn, let me know so you can join it! I'm sure the more members, the more meaning the club may have, leading to a possible room! for free )

If not then I'll just have to go myself and that would need venue fee. : [ But I'll do what I got to do.

dlew2191

Smash Rookie
I'd definitely join the Penn smash organization (UP smash is a cool name BTW). I can help out with anything involved with founding a new club.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
how about you just close the thread until you finally confirm something? checking this thread is annoying when nothing is happening.

then when things are straightened out i can come up there and destroy all of you in melee

The Cape

Smash Master
how about you just close the thread until you finally confirm something? checking this thread is annoying when nothing is happening.
Amusing that I checked the thread because you posted. I assume he will change the title of the thread when something happens.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Amusing that I checked the thread because you posted. I assume he will change the title of the thread when something happens.
Yes, exactly. I don't want it closed, because I DO want to get things rolling. I'm thinking of doing Upenn, and I want to do it either dec or jan. Basically Pound Practice. I just want to be SURE that I'd be preparing. : ]

But yeah I'll change the title and tell EVERYONE. I won't let anyone NOT know of something that happens.

Pa needs a melee revival!
It will get one. ;P

Dobs1007

Smash Ace

then when things are straightened out i can come up there and destroy all of you in melee
Bring Chillin and Plank with you :) Man I need to get down to Maryland/VA some of the coolest smasher reside there

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Would you guys rather come in January for MAD, or Febuary for MAD? (Since POUND 5 is in the third week of Febuary)

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Would you guys rather come in January for MAD, or Febuary for MAD? (Since POUND 5 is in the third week of Febuary)
Jan would be better for me as long as it isn't MLK wkend which is Jan 15th weekend so like 8th or 22nd would be best for me personally but do whatever works best for you.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, the 15th was the only date that was free. We applied for that. ^^;

(The 22nd wasn't available, and I didn't think the 8th or last week of jan would be good, but I'll update you)

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Yeah, the 15th was the only date that was free. We applied for that. ^^;

(The 22nd wasn't available, and I didn't think the 8th or last week of jan would be good, but I'll update you)
Whatever works best for u I know I can't come if 15th and feb is pretty full already for me Idk talk with Penn and other philly ppl if u go to that tourney this weekend at La Salle University

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
January obviously wanna get it started asap.

Lol thought so I was just guessing maybe some people like tournies RIGHT BEFORE A BIG TOURNY lmao but it's ok I already had an application for January though so I kinda asked for no reason but meh I used my MIND POWERS so it's ok.

I need to know ASAP because I have work and need to make schedule requests.
I will let you know ASA I know son. I'll text you or tell kurt to tell you.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah we're not gonna have a tunes before this, so you can schedule accordingly.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thanks dude for letting me know. Hope to see ya there. : D I'll update the thread title once it is confirmed (it should be)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sure I guess. Like, I wouldn't mind hosting a smash fest after MAD. (not the same day or next day, but a date AFTER that LOL) Or if Talwind would want to host it. I don't know, it's up to you guys, because I'm sure you guys want as much practice for pound 5, and we need it!

Also I just want you guys that "it's happening" but just not confirmed yet.

Waiting on word from Penn still. Shouldn't be a prob tho. : ]

Deathknight

Smash Ace
I swear, if Deathknight beats me, I will seriously kill myself.
LOL, in that case maybe I should use Jiggs on your Falco to make it worse :)
If you play Falco anyway... I forget... what's so bad about losing to me though? I lose to the same people at tournaments all the time.

Deathknight

Smash Ace
Well, combo wise I'd say it is but off stage Fox has complete advantage. Shine spikes are easy and Fox can easily punish pretty much any recovery Falco tries. Falco's dair is good for ledge guarding but if Fox techs it he gets back.

Top Bottom