• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short notice [details inside] MADfest: 01-21-12 Melee All Day Video Game Event!

Afro_Ninja

Smash Apprentice
awesome, been lookin for some melee action in CC
90% I'll be there

have a cube to spare if need be

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Upenn

Okay, I don't see why I shouldn't be here. I can do brackets if necessary and I have a recording setup. Here's the quality - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE50HdZ5sXk
Yeah man I accept your help thanks bro! : D

BTW everyone I'm editing the thread a lil bit. : D

I want everyone to re-confirm from scratch. I'll ask you guys anyways but yeah, please do it. :3

Also, please let me know if plans change because of diff venue or if being able to bring a tv/cube etc would change because of that too.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Need to update needs new venue address... Also I work till 12 and want to come about a 40min ride for me could u hold of start till 1ish...

eightpints

Smash Rookie
as of right now, the date doesn't work out for me. I'm gonna see if I can work my way there, but for now it's looking pretty doubtful.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I should be able to go.

Also, I like how you included "video game event" in the title, as if we needed to know. The title should be changed to "MAD: Acronym meaning 'Melee All Day" where we compete in an organized video game tournament for Super Smash Brothers Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube."

LLDL

Smash Hero
Lmao. I'm sure Ranmaru was thinking along the lines of attracting non-smashboards/casuals/unknown players who find the poster with the link. When they come to this thread, the title makes it clear what the event is all about and what they would be attending.

Melee all day (ssbm), video game event. So simple, they won't be intimidated by the thread and more likely to come.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lmao. I'm sure Ranmaru was thinking along the lines of attracting non-smashboards/casuals/unknown players who find the poster with the link. When they come to this thread, the title makes it clear what the event is all about and what they would be attending.

Melee all day (ssbm), video game event. So simple, they won't be intimidated by the thread and more likely to come.
Lol yeah. Although putting in (ssbm) in parenthesis is a good idea. : D

Haha, yeah, I just like the idea of being way overly descriptive.
Haha. I wouldn't want people to think I think they are dumb...

Also, I don't think I'd have room for that. Maybe. Lol.

As long as it doesn't attract Brawl scrubs we're good
Nah, brawl scrubs are good. Brawl not scrubs are even better (I'm sure they can do well at melee)

remember guys. You can hate the game, but you shouldn't hate the player.

Some brawl peeps prolly don't know how good melee is. If a brawl peep goes then that must mean they want to know more about melee. Let them.

July

Smash Apprentice
I just talked with the event organizer for Penn, we can get 6 tables and as many chairs as we want for free, no worries about power consumption, everything is a go : D

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Did you see my post about possiblly not starting till 1...

I work till 12 and it is about a 40 min drive for me and I would like to go...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ya my bad. I changed the street so you could see it too.

Ya no prob. : D 1ish is fine.

Just make sure to call me when you get on the way and when you are near.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Upenn. It's in center city. (Philly downtown basically)

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I don't think that address in the OP is in Center City......

EDIT: Weird, when I put the address into mapquest the first time it was saying it was just a bit south of Yardley.....

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah it is.

3417 Spruce Street

Spruce street is a couple blocks past Market Street son.

You could even take the green line near Upenn.

Well, if you take the subway:

Take Market Franford Line to 34th street. Walk up a couple blocks to Spruce Street.

Then go to Houston Hall (that's not a street, lol)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That would probably be $5 one way. (Or a little more depending on how far, but I think No Cash knows more about it from where you are) RR takes like an hour. Then you'd only need to pay $2 to take the subway and transfer freely from BSL to MFL (if needed).

But yeah, that would be a if you really needed to.

MorningThunder

Smash Apprentice
Yo, cuz you guys were so awesome on my tourny thread, I'm gonna try and get some more people to go to your tourny. I live in Philly but I'm currently attending Penn State Berhend D: so I can't go to this event, which I really really want to do. I do, however, have friends that love playing Melee and would most likely attend your tournament.

I hope to see more in the summer break so I can actually attend next time.

July

Smash Apprentice
Aren't I able to get off at 30th Street Station and walk over?
Yep, Regional Rail will stop at 30th Street Station, then to get to the venue from 30th street to Houston Hall:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...2977,-75.18955&spn=0.007484,0.021136&t=h&z=16

Or if you would like to take green line it gets off at 37th street, which gets off right on Penn's campus and takes one septa token.

Also, Ran, can you add my number to contact info? If anyone needs help with figuring out transportation or finding the venue I can deff help : )

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You can park up near 40th Street for free. That's what I have been told.

:3

And yes, July. : D

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Is walking that far safe? Because I'd rather not take subways and stuff I'm not familiar with so I don't get myself lost ;-;
Ya I've walked it before. It is really hard to get lost on subway cause u can just switch to other side if miss stop. GF went to UPenn for school over summer so I got familiar with public transportation and city...

King Bahamut

Smash Rookie
I just need to know the details so I can come up there on the weekend. I'm currently away at Lincoln University finishing up my senior yr. And I'm B Ra Uncannycatalyst Carter on the book. If anyone else does I play yugiz as well. The name I use on SSBM is Mr.X / Snax.

Top Bottom