• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiny Hunting

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
Couldn't find another thread so I think it's ok to make this.

Talk about anything Shiny related here.Not sure how many others hunt on SWF.

I'm hoping this thread doesn't get flooded with idiots going "I HAZ AR THAT GIVEZ MEE SHINIES."

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
Soft Resetting.

The method is pretty much save in front of the starter then check if it's shiny. If not press L+R+Start+Select.This will take you back to the game starting up so it's faster then turning it off.

I use to have around 30 but I had to restart a while ago.Now I only have Feraligatr and Butterfree.
Hoping my Oshawott hunt doesn't take that long.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Rng is abusing the game's engine to guarantee getting asking iirc and the Poke Radar is a gen IV DP device you only get after completing the national pokedex that increases you chances by a lot

I dunno how to RNG but the poke radar if you use it right, there will be grass shaking and you will encounter a pokemon. If you keep encountering it, then your chances of finding it's shiny form goes up

There guides all over the Internet just search

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
For starters not in general. I think you can only keep soft-resetting for them.
Not sure though.

what's the point of oooh shiny though if they're not really that legit. just imo though.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
For starters not in general. I think you can only keep soft-resetting for them.
Not sure though.

what's the point of oooh shiny though if they're not really that legit. just imo though.
Are you talking about when you Rng them or what?

Starters can only be Soft Reseted.Though Emerald's broken RNG can be used to help get starters easier.

ndayday

BRoomer
Yeah, RNG mostly. I mean you know you're going to get it.
I guess different people draw the line different places.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
Pretty much.
I honestly don't RNG.
I really only care about normal chance ones.

Anybody actually know what's up with the whole Zekrom/Reshiram thing?
I hear so many different stories that they can't be shiny or they can be but you have to knock them out first,etc.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Rng is abusing the game's engine to guarantee getting asking iirc and the Poke Radar is a gen IV DP device you only get after completing the national pokedex that increases you chances by a lot

I dunno how to RNG but the poke radar if you use it right, there will be grass shaking and you will encounter a pokemon. If you keep encountering it, then your chances of finding it's shiny form goes up

There guides all over the Internet just search
His point was that BLM asked about shiny starters and you can't RNG/Poké Radar them.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I managed to catch about 4 or 5 shinies with the Poke Radar.

I just wanted that shiny Roserade so badly, luckily she was the first I caught (well, Roselia).

asianaussie

Smash Hero
RNG is bloody ridiculous if you don't have a lot of time, Takes so many resets, I think you have to be essentially frame perfect with your timing of entry into the game

I believe there is a method to RNG shiny starters, you just have to know a few specifics about your game and the time, including your secret ID.

Only time I ever RNG'd correctly I forgot to reset the date and ended up with a Jirachi with nigh-perfect Scarfer IVs but a goddamn Bold nature...Now I have an Adamant one with a 31 speed IV, semi-useless for comp >_>

I have four natural shinies aside from Red Gyara, a Nidoqueen and Xatu in LeafGreen (Nidoran in the safari zone, I was so happy when the ball faded), a Yanma in HeartGold and a Modest Machop in Diamond >_>

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Damn I have really ****ty luck. The only time I've EVER gotten a shiny was when I caught a shiny Sableye back in 5th grade on my Sapphire in Sky Pillar on my way to catch Rayquaza.

The only thing that redeems the fact that Sableye is the only shiny I've ever gotten is the fact that the ****er is made of gold

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Don't feel bad, over all of the time I've racked up throughout all of the Pokémon games I have, I've only found two shinies. I found a shiny Sneasel by Mt. Silver in Gold (which was lost when my Gold version got restarted) and a shiny Bellsprout on one of the islands in LeafGreen.

(Those in addition to things like Red Gyarados and the shiny legendary dogs, but I'm talking about random shinies.)

I have about 30 other shinies in Diamond somewhere, but that was from me being stupid and trading for them on the Serebii Wi-Fi chat. I'm not sure why I thought it would feel satisfactory to have a bunch of shinies that A) May or may not be legit and B) I didn't catch myself.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
My first ever shiny was a Gloom. And then I was playing Pokemon Rumble with Rockem when it first came out, and the first shiny I got in that game was a Gloom.

****ing nuts.

Apart from that the only other shiny I ever got was a Bidoof. I named her Fergie.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Don't feel bad, over all of the time I've racked up throughout all of the Pokémon games I have, I've only found two shinies. I found a shiny Sneasel by Mt. Silver in Gold (which was lost when my Gold version got restarted) and a shiny Bellsprout on one of the islands in LeafGreen.

(Those in addition to things like Red Gyarados and the shiny legendary dogs, but I'm talking about random shinies.)

I have about 30 other shinies in Diamond somewhere, but that was from me being stupid and trading for them on the Serebii Wi-Fi chat. I'm not sure why I thought it would feel satisfactory to have a bunch of shinies that A) May or may not be legit and B) I didn't catch myself.
Man, but it gets really annoying when you're trolled by the game. I was playing on SS and I was searching for shinies for days and I found none. Then when I decide to Nuzlocke Emerald, the first thing I find is a shiny Poocheyena

Then I rage quit the game :mad:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Shiny Tentacool in FireRed.
Shiny Sandshrew in FireRed.
Shiny Cranidos in Diamond.
Shiny (Adamant) Pidgey in HeartGold.

I'm pretty content.

ndayday

BRoomer
The only time I've ever EV trained, I found a shiny Goldeen.
It was like hdughdsgdsgs.

Other than that I've caught a Zigzagoon and a Bibarel, which was intense since it was in Pearl's Safari Zone.
I've had my share of missed opportunities too, though. :(

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The only time I missed an opportunity of a shiny Pokemon was in Pokemon Ruby, where the shiny Manectric decided to Roar after I failed with two Ultra Balls.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I've soft resetted and chained several shinys in Diamond, mainly soft reset hatching for good IV/nature shinies.

In Black, 2 hours into the game I caught a shiny Roggenrolla.

Get @ me LOL

Sariku

Smash Master
My first random shiny Pokemon was a Drowsee in Pokemon HeartGold. I caught him just progressing in the game, under Goldenrod City and by the daycare.

I have a shiny Zigzagoon in Sapphire because I got that berry update back when it came out, which gave you a shiny Zigzagoon. Not random, but it's legit.

I also have a shiny Weedle in HG, but it was a trade. I know 99% for certain that it's legit, but I guess I could be wrong. I traded for it with some kid on Serebii chat for a newborn Riolu. I think if he were hacking, he would have just hacked a Riolu. So I believe the shiny Weedle is legit.<3

Life

Smash Hero
I have a shiny Metagross from Pokeradar (only way to get Shiny Beldum by Pokeradar is that area with sandstorm in D/P/P's postgame area and it's a pain to see the grass there) as well as Shinx's evo (I forget the name) and I think one other from radar.

Only random shiny I have is a Gastly I got at Chateau.

Haven't gotten ANY shinies before 4th gen.

RATED

Smash Lord
Shiny Feebas in R/S. Yeah I know, Lucky as hell

Shiny Zubat in Emerald

Shiny Charmander( I hunted it) in Fire Red

Shiny magikarp in Diamond(FML)

and the other day I got a Shiny Deerling.

I been lucky for shinies, all of them been random except for the charmander.

Marshallmallowlol

Smash Cadet
On diamond I had a whole box full from chaining. Some awesome legit ones like Lvl 100 Shiny Modest Milotic EV trained. A Metagross that was lvl 100 adamant shiny and max attack. Good times

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
The only legit shiny pkmn I found was a Pinser during the bug catching contest in gold and it got a critical on my Mareep and died. Then I found a shiny Linoon in the battle tower in my first Ruby along with a shiny Duskull later on then I evolved it then pal parked it in my friend's diamond then evolved it again. I also found a naive Clampearl with the 3rd best speed IV while finding pokes for my rain dance team in my HG then I evolved it into a Huntail. The ones I found during Ev training were a hasty Starly in which I evolved fully in my Diamond and a Raticate with a mild nature in my HG.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
The only shiny i ever found was a Misdreavus on pearl. But then my friend deleted my game to play and that was it. lol. Not that i like misdreavus anyway. But still...

Also im dying for a shiny venonat. But it just wont fricken hatch with a ditto from japan. my luck is just so terrible.

Shoopman

Smash Journeyman
I had a shiny Natu/Xatu in Silver, and I got a shiny Kricketune in Diamond. I also encountered a shiny Wobbuffet in the safari zone in Sapphire, but it fled. I raged.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I had a shiny Natu/Xatu in Silver, and I got a shiny Kricketune in Diamond. I also encountered a shiny Wobbuffet in the safari zone in Sapphire, but it fled. I raged.
It was me. Mwahahaha.

/namesearched.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Caught a shiny Machop in Diamond on Victory Road while leveling up for the E4. Haven't seen one in the wild since then. You actually have better odds at getting a shiny by breeding than by catching (except for chaining with PokeRadar) so I think I'm going to start a breeding program for my precious Delibird to land a legit shiny.

I got traded a shiny adamant Salamance from a friend, which I used on my team for Heart Gold. Loved that guy.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I found a green woobat the other day. I had no idea what it was and spent another 30 minutes catching woobats to check it really was different. :laugh: Had to go online to find out about shinies.

It's a shame I don't really care for woobat so it's gonna live in my box as a trophy.

Silfa

Smash Ace
The only shiny I ever encountered was a shiny Golbat in Silver. I didn't have any pokeballs with me at the time.

I was so upset and didn't play for weeks.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I've been playing since Red came out and I've only found one silver Tentacool in Silver (GB) Version. I like to leave it down to luck though. They're special no doubt, but I wouldn't be as impressed with any shinies if I spent days/weeks soft resetting for one.

What are the odds again? 1 in 8000 or so?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Masuda Method all the way babay

First shiny I got was a Goldeen in Silver. I thought you had to fish for Marill, so I spent like half an hour fishing inside the cave. Lo and behold, sparklin Goldeen graces my screen. I catch it, but I'm terrified to make it evolve since I think it will lose its special shine... Fortunately that wasn't the case. [SHINY] SEAKING **** YEAH

On that note, I'm addicted to the GTS, one of the ways I get hunting. Shame there are so many [enterLegendnamehere] Lv 9 and Under requests, otherwise I'd be REALLY addicted to it. But, every once in a while.
Every once in a while.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
Masuda Method all the way babay

First shiny I got was a Goldeen in Silver. I thought you had to fish for Marill, so I spent like half an hour fishing inside the cave. Lo and behold, sparklin Goldeen graces my screen. I catch it, but I'm terrified to make it evolve since I think it will lose its special shine... Fortunately that wasn't the case. [SHINY] SEAKING **** YEAH

On that note, I'm addicted to the GTS, one of the ways I get hunting. Shame there are so many [enterLegendnamehere] Lv 9 and Under requests, otherwise I'd be REALLY addicted to it. But, every once in a while.
Every once in a while.
Do you mean you get shinies off of it or do you mean it's how you Masuda?

Also I put my hunt for a shiny starter on White on hold.I'm just going to wait until I get Black and then hunt.

Top Bottom