• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

unknown522

Some guy
People in general tend to really be unfamiliar with it at least from what I see. A lot of people tend to avoid it during friendlies for whatever reason.

I'd pick FoD potentially over YS. But thats because I hate YS, and I really like that the platforms easily induces decent-good peaches and MacD to dsmash on them thinking I'll just jump into it.

Then ftilt fair =3
hahahahhahahahaha

damn

john!

Smash Hero
all competitive melee players exhibit john's law of dsmash: "as you play more matches, the probability of them jumping into your platform dsmash approaches 1"

or alternatively: "given an infinite amount of matches, there exists a match when the opponent will jump into your platform dsmash"

/nerdhumor

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
all competitive melee players exhibit john's law of dsmash: "as you play more matches, the probability of them jumping into your platform dsmash approaches 1"

or alternatively: "given an infinite amount of matches, there exists a match when the opponent will jump into your platform dsmash"

/nerdhumor
Hahahaha

I lol'd

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
for real? What can you link out of the utilt before 20-30%? I thought you could link much better stuff from usmash

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
What makes FoD such a big advantage for peach?
Well, in general, she does best when people are unable to run away from her, because her moves/float allow her to control a confined space around her really well. And down smash. The altering platform heights give her more dumb down smashes than she should get, and don't screw with her mobility like they do with other characters.

/nerdhumor
I chuckled.

V

Smash Ace
For the KDJ gimp, after the short hop needle, do you turn around and wavedash backwards or do you wavedash forward and turn around as you're falling off the ledge?

:phone:

V

Smash Ace
Watch Amsah vs Dr PeePee at Pound V. First stock second match Amsah does it and Wife called it the KDJ gimp.

V

Smash Ace
Yeah I noticed its harder with her. I main marth and he has a long quick forward WD so its easier to turn around as you go off. Sheik's is pretty short and abrupt.

I started practicing it and it takes some work but it'll be cool to pull off. I came from brawl so even little things taking work is new but everything is much more rewarding in melee. I hate that game now lol.

Pi

Smash Hero
samus has her jump, and her grapple, she's recovering low...ish
looks like she's probably going to try and grapple mid low (assuming FD), to really low
what do you do?

how is her recovery on DL? can you cover all the options she has here reliably?

Top Bottom