• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Also, rather random question that's moreover tech skill for any character rather than just Sheik, but I might as well ask here.

Ok, so wavelanding backwards off of a platform is EZPZ, no problem. My question is, how do you waveland off of a platform facing forwards? For some reason, I just shield before I fall off, or I am standing at the very edge of the platform instead of sliding off. Should I just be releasing R faster than I already am?...Or am I missing something completely here xP?

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
Also, rather random question that's moreover tech skill for any character rather than just Sheik, but I might as well ask here.

Ok, so wavelanding backwards off of a platform is EZPZ, no problem. My question is, how do you waveland off of a platform facing forwards? For some reason, I just shield before I fall off, or I am standing at the very edge of the platform instead of sliding off. Should I just be releasing R faster than I already am?...Or am I missing something completely here xP?
U have to fast fall.
I had this problem for a long time, then just asked people XD
The thing is that u have to follow ur mouvement with ur stick.
I'm pretty sure holding R doesn't change anything, but not 100% so I'll let other ppl tell ya.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Holding R for too long can make you end up in the falling/tumble animation, at least when doing it backwards. Also, you can just hold forward after wavelanding, you don't have to time a run.

BSeeD: You sure you aren't just dropping through the platform? I don't see how fastfalling should make you go off the side of the platform or how you could fastfall at all when grounded. :p

Twix

Smash Cadet
I still can't figure out how to properly execute the foxtrot.. I saw a lot of you (KK, Tope, M2K) doing it perfectly at Apex, so I know exactly how it looks, I just can't do it right. -_-;

Any help ? <3

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Just practice man. Things as specific as that are often just learned via playing for hours on end. I have never practiced movement, but have played consistently for 4 years now and am told I have a very "fast" sheik. You can sit down alone and learn tech skill, or via playing with friends and focusing on it, but both work.

Learning the timing of when to run quickest out of throws is very much just getting comfortable with that character. I still have trouble with Fox's grab-->uair for this reason - just practice and you'll get it.

Specifically to practice her d-throw. Learn the CG in training consistently on different characters. Tell your friends to DI away more (or in/not at all) often from your throws and to switch their DI, as it will make it harder for you and help you improve. Then practice the CG, u-tilts, follow ups, the running fair, etc on them.

@Kirbykaze, Tope - Can't wait to watch both your sets, impressed by both of your wins and hope to learn from them. Specifically vs Hbox, shiz, hax. Keep it up

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I practice a LOT actually.. (you can ask duckpimp he'll vouch for me) I'm just trying to find the most efficient way to do things

L__

Smash Master
hey so while toying around with sheik on FD I ran off the side and did a turnaround needle cancel and grabbed the ledge without jumping

how come I've never seen sheik players do that?

nvm I just realized how strict the timing is

hi sheik boards

:happysheep:

Cia

das kwl
WHAT THE **** VANZ

wait... which one is "skill woman"?

Sheik is obv. Skill Woman.

and for me, playing Peach requires that i get constant practice, which i just don't anymore. (moving to Ohio for the loss) I also find Sheik really really fun and I'm pretty comfortable with her in just about every match up. My vs Falco game needs work, but I'm close to being comfortable with that as well.

L__

Smash Master
i've been playing sheik recently and I think she's pretty fun too

didnt think so before

i wonder what changed

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I love using her against Falco (when I don't feel like floating over lasers). It's really fun.

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
hey so while toying around with sheik on FD I ran off the side and did a turnaround needle cancel and grabbed the ledge without jumping

how come I've never seen sheik players do that?

nvm I just realized how strict the timing is

hi sheik boards

Just learned like two weeks ago that was possible.
Still I've never seen that even ONCE in my entire smash career.
Is there a video where I can see that tech used ?

L__

Smash Master
I'll make a video about it when I get my recording setup back

until then

there's nothing I can do

gm jack

Smash Lord
I guess it isn't used because the extra tech skill for such a small increase in speed of getting to the ledge is not worth it, especially given the costs of messing it up.

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
Globally the same reason why PC trick is not commonly used with Sheik ?
( even if PC trick's not that hard ^^)

Luma

Smash Lord
you just got way more options with sh turnaround needle, it could be used sometimes as a suprise EG to catch someone offguard, otherwise its just not worth it

Salevits

Smash Apprentice
Lately I've started to mess my dash dancing up >_> Help.

When you fox trot back and forward with sheik, is there a frame during the brake animation or during the dash animation in which you can't dash to the opposite direction?

And just to make sure I don't get any "you probably enter the running animation" answers: I'm not stupid. I know when I've dashed too long and enter the running animation, I'm not talking about the super slow "turning while running" animation. Instead when I mess my dash dance up, Sheik just instantly stops moving, and turns around while standing. It's awkward. What do i do wrong? <_>

Top Bottom