• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Terry

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7IfEojSGAs

Don't feel like this is a good example of how good I am.. But finally able to force Strong Bad to not play DK against me. Only 2-stocked his DK. Still, that is an achievement for me. :D

I really have problems with Fox and Falco. I can fairly easily beat Falcons, Peaches, Puffs, Marths and etc. on my skill level. I lol'd when I watched my Sheik against his Fox. I played so goofy. I am usually better about tech chasing with grabs and edgeguarding. There were so many times he should have been dead. Then I just played pretty badly in the end.

After that nonsense, Strong Bad flipped a coin for Sheik or Fox against me on the last match. I don't really like Sheik dittos but also have close to no actual experience in them. They seem kinda gay. So, I went Fox. Though I don't have experience playing Sheiks with Fox either, I figured I at least have experience playing against Fox with Sheik. OMG, after watching the rest of the video, my Fox is pretty funny. xD

Would appreciate any feedback. Also, I didn't have my good controller so turnaround needles were difficult. You can easily tell when I throw needles at nothing that I was trying to turnaround needle.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I never fight in tournament ics(thank god),sheiks,or docs. I always fight fox falco marth peach and puff cuz people like to tier ***** haha.

Wtf ***** is a censored word? If you cant guess its a woman who likes to sleep around. Starts with w.
:phone:

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
sheik nair doesn't beat fox nair, it only "beats" it if sheik and fox both SH nair because sheik is above fox (same with falco) since she jumps higher. Fox's nair hitbox is better than sheik's nair hitbox easily, it's just who's coming from above who. Straight on horizontal it will trade or lose.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
sheik nair doesn't beat fox nair, it only "beats" it if sheik and fox both SH nair because sheik is above fox (same with falco) since she jumps higher. Fox's nair hitbox is better than sheik's nair hitbox easily, it's just who's coming from above who. Straight on horizontal it will trade or lose.
ooo
thank u m2k

Mew2King

King of the Mews
I mean like this won't always apply sometimes u can get lucky I think but generally I wouldn't try to beat it

moves that straight on BEAT fox's nair are sheik's tilts, down smash, fair, and bair. Uair usually beats it too if you come from under but it usually trades with dair i think? but falco's dair ***** sheik's uair -____- so you can't Uair falco -.-. What I mean when I say that they BEAT fox's nair is if you know Fox will nair, you can use these superior-extended-hitbox-moves and beat it without trading (trade at worst if your spacing is bad).

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I mean like this won't always apply sometimes u can get lucky I think but generally I wouldn't try to beat it

moves that straight on BEAT fox's nair are sheik's tilts, down smash, fair, and bair. Uair usually beats it too if you come from under but it usually trades with dair i think? but falco's dair ***** sheik's uair -____- so you can't Uair falco -.-. What I mean when I say that they BEAT fox's nair is if you know Fox will nair, you can use these superior-extended-hitbox-moves and beat it without trading (trade at worst if your spacing is bad).
o ok so i shud space like fair and bair and stuff at low %? and try to grab or something

btw how do i do sheik ditto
they spam ftilt and idk wat do
cc dsmash? cc grab? what if i accidentally dont cc
T___T

Mew2King

King of the Mews
idk i dont have a sheik ditto strat tbh. I just fight.

u can fair f tilt or fair grab or w/e you think is good for the situation

fox you just... outrange him i guess, his range sucks. I think falco's way harder to fight. Fox is easy you LITERALLY just outrange him, then try to figure out ways to combo or edge guard him to death after u get a grab or hit off

Kaffei

Smash Hero
idk i dont have a sheik ditto strat tbh. I just fight.

u can fair f tilt or fair grab or w/e you think is good for the situation

fox you just... outrange him i guess, his range sucks. I think falco's way harder to fight. Fox is easy you LITERALLY just outrange him, then try to figure out ways to combo or edge guard him to death after u get a grab or hit off
that makes a lot of sense actually. thx! =D

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7IfEojSGAs

Don't feel like this is a good example of how good I am.. But finally able to force Strong Bad to not play DK against me. Only 2-stocked his DK. Still, that is an achievement for me. :D

I really have problems with Fox and Falco. I can fairly easily beat Falcons, Peaches, Puffs, Marths and etc. on my skill level. I lol'd when I watched my Sheik against his Fox. I played so goofy. I am usually better about tech chasing with grabs and edgeguarding. There were so many times he should have been dead. Then I just played pretty badly in the end.

After that nonsense, Strong Bad flipped a coin for Sheik or Fox against me on the last match. I don't really like Sheik dittos but also have close to no actual experience in them. They seem kinda gay. So, I went Fox. Though I don't have experience playing Sheiks with Fox either, I figured I at least have experience playing against Fox with Sheik. OMG, after watching the rest of the video, my Fox is pretty funny. xD

Would appreciate any feedback. Also, I didn't have my good controller so turnaround needles were difficult. You can easily tell when I throw needles at nothing that I was trying to turnaround needle.
the coin flipping
it's too good

& yeah I have to go Sheik or Fox against you springfielders now, it's kind of depressing. will still be repping DK at nationals tho

stelzig

Smash Lord
Is jumping out of combos ever faster or better than Nairing out? After being told I can jump out of docs chaingrab at 30-40 percent with no DI I realised I might not be using/thinking about that option enough with sheik.

Now that I think about it, it obviously is better in all the situations where Nair won't hit or trade... And I think I use that too... Just tell me if it's faster then, I guess :p

Terry

Smash Ace
Can Marth get out of regrab at 0 percent? A Marth player I play with DI's behind me and uses side-B and I can't ever seem to get a regrab. So I just start f-tilting him.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I also cannot get consistent regrab's at 0 on shady's marth. I continue to try because you guys say it is guaranteed (and marth sucks), but I swear he can jump out since he does every other time. Should I start u-tilting at 0 instead on no di/di in?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
space fair & bair

needles > grab combo

d-throw up air after like 25% on every DI

shield > wd oos ***** her

she doesn't cover the zone in front of & above her that well because your fair > her f-tilt and her up tilt is slow

CK Momentum

Smash Apprentice
what stages are typically played in sheik vs. peach? We are thinking htat you will mostly strike to Battlefield or Fountain, and then Counterpicks go like this. For peach, dreamland, FD. For sheik, pokemon or yoshis. Is this roughly correct?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
ugh, **** fountain vs peach :(

PS is a good stage for Sheik vs Peach, I personally feel that DL64 is too, but some people prefer Yoshi's.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
As a Peach versus Sheik, I think FD is a good stage I'd want. DL64 is okay, imo. FoD is the obvious Peach choice, so don't let her take you there. PS and YS are probably your best bets, and FD is in your favor compared to FoD.

Fernandez

Smash Journeyman
Is not tippered late bair safe on shield? I got grabbed out of it before i could uptilt, but maybe im just doing it too slow, i just started playing sheik

Also tomahawk uptilt seems really good :)

:phone:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
People in general tend to really be unfamiliar with it at least from what I see. A lot of people tend to avoid it during friendlies for whatever reason.

I'd pick FoD potentially over YS. But thats because I hate YS, and I really like that the platforms easily induces decent-good peaches and MacD to dsmash on them thinking I'll just jump into it.

Then ftilt fair =3

Top Bottom