• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

gm jack

Smash Lord
The combo options you get will also vary depending on percent/falling speed etc. Usmash might start hitting them too far away for you too follow up when utilt still pops them up nicely.

Utilt's double hit and really low end lag makes it really good for poking at the bottom of people's shields on low platforms as well.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
For DI away (which is the best for getting out) assuming full power grab

Works at 0 on Link, Sheik, Pikachu, Bowser to my knowledge

At like 10 or something on YLink

At like 18 on Ganon

I dunno anyone else or how long they go

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I've been able to regrab him for DI away but I'm also not sure how port priority and all this affects it. I'm always a lower port.

edit: port priority does affect some CGs.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
port priority affects all ground launcher CGs like Doc, Sheik, and Ganon dthrows.
i always forget which port order does what tho. search magus sheik port throw

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
for real? then why do people talk about jab and ftilt mixup at 0%? I thought u had to do that because the regrab isnt possible til slightly later

Kaffei

Smash Hero
?
I dun get what you guys are talkin about
So Sheik can CG Sheik from 0% right

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think as far as Sheiks that can actually do the CG at zero it's like me and M2K.
I can also do this but it's irrelevant.

Ganon's dthrow CG is the only one in the game I can't do at least semi-consistently lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
He's still either comparable or better in PAL because of Sheik, Marth and Fox being worse.

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
Why is every american player always sayin that about every character in PAL ?
I mean, Ganon is a lot more useless without this fair, and the fact top tiers are nerfed doesn't change that.
The whole Ganon metagame is changed 'cause of that. (u have to Bair way more, so positionning changes a lot for instance)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Because it's true. I've played with PAL Ganon before. When he doesn't get an outright kill from his Fair due to the nerf, he can still edgeguard. & Fair still has really good hitboxes.

Beat!

Smash Master
Why is every american player always sayin that about every character in PAL ?
I mean, Ganon is a lot more useless without this fair, and the fact top tiers are nerfed doesn't change that.
The whole Ganon metagame is changed 'cause of that. (u have to Bair way more, so positionning changes a lot for instance)
??????????

Ganon is definitely better in PAL by a pretty big margin, thanks to the top tier nerfs. The nerfed fair is a drawback, but it certainly doesn't make him "useless".

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to realize that a lot of the things I thought were true in melee are not.
Maybe that's the reason I suck. -_-

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm starting to realize that a lot of the things I thought were true in melee are not.
Maybe that's the reason I suck. -_-
Don't let people like me discourage you from asking questions. But do try to think more objectively.

Is having to wait to 3% to knock someone over with Fair (instead of zero) really as bad as Sheik being able to death-touch you when she lands just about anything? His Fair is still functionally the same in every respect except that it kills later. As a spacing & zoning tool (which is its primary purpose anyway) it's still the same move.

Be critical, come to your own conclusions. You'll find if you can think for yourself and figure out this sort of stuff then you'll be better at analysis, which makes improvement much easier IMHO.

donny!

Smash Cadet
If i had to pick a secondary character if i main sheik, who should it be?

Note: i love all the other characters equally,but who should i pick up that would be great with sheik, Like a character that could counter characters that counters sheik.

Top Bottom