• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Tec- Fox vs Marth I think Fox has advantage on RC.
Sheik vs Marth I think Marth has advantage on RC.

LOL, I'm confused >_< Do you think Sheik has the advantage vs Marth on RC? In theory it does I'd agree with you there. However I played the matchup there and it was pretty hard. Marth is probably one of my best matchups and I have no problems vs them but I had problems on RC which leads me to believe that Marth is better than Sheik there. Thoughts?

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Ya RC is mad gay. Most marths let alone anyone goes there though. A nice tipper can spell doom for sheik. Sheik has too build damage for f air to work or a b throw to get gay kills . I dunno

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
What nicaboy said

Most Marth's wont take you there. They are better off on a neutral.

...now that I think about it, I've never had a Marth take me to a Cp stage.

So...I guess I'm no help

*wander*

Kira-

Smash Champion
does anyone know if our dsmash beats fox's (or falco's) bair?

for example the fox is double jumping bairs but you don't react to their double jump in time, can you trade or beat a bair with a perfectly-timed dsmash?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I think the only move that you cant do that with is falco's dair.

but I'm SURE i'm going to get corrected.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Spawn - I feel like Sheik would win tbh.

There are too many platform stuff to take advantage of.

Sheik can platform camp marth basically all day and she will probably have an easier time KOing there too.

I mean I kinda don't wanna say too much cuz I'll be speaking pure theory. I really don't have experience in the match up on RC.

Though thats probably because I'd ALWAYS opt to go fox on RC :laugh:

Cia

das kwl
Idk I think Sheik destroys Marth on Cruise for the simple fact that Marth has to fully exhaust his recovery just to keep up on certain parts of the stage. Not only that, but Sheik (or at least my style of Sheik) thrives on platform tech chases and this stage is all platforms. Platforms that Marth CAN'T tipper through. and Uair kills really early here.

Before I picked up Puff, Sheik was my character of choice here. She's just not as good as Spacies are here, which is why this stage is often seen as "bad for sheik."

V

Smash Ace
Hey everybody I just switched from brawl back to melee (melee is sooo much better). I'm getting pretty comfortable wavedashing and l canceling. Are there any stage specific techs or tricks that take practice? Thanks.

unknown522

Some guy
Spawn - I feel like Sheik would win tbh.

There are too many platform stuff to take advantage of.

Sheik can platform camp marth basically all day and she will probably have an easier time KOing there too.

I mean I kinda don't wanna say too much cuz I'll be speaking pure theory. I really don't have experience in the match up on RC.

Though thats probably because I'd ALWAYS opt to go fox on RC :laugh:
Idk I think Sheik destroys Marth on Cruise for the simple fact that Marth has to fully exhaust his recovery just to keep up on certain parts of the stage. Not only that, but Sheik (or at least my style of Sheik) thrives on platform tech chases and this stage is all platforms. Platforms that Marth CAN'T tipper through. and Uair kills really early here.

Before I picked up Puff, Sheik was my character of choice here. She's just not as good as Spacies are here, which is why this stage is often seen as "bad for sheik."
This.

/10char

Falcinho

Smash Ace
isn't marf bad at all CP's?

o and stop abbreviating somethingi get confused everytime i see it

im gonna liek go rage fit or sth now
I am sorry but i got used to it =(
I will try to stop this now

----

hmm interesting, i have no clue if the dsmash could work because i dont use it often enough

If there is no time to dash away i would shield and react to his shield pressure.
So i would probably wavedash back after the shine.

However, if they come directly from above you could utilt them =)
If a Fox feels cornered and wavelands on a low platform he often goes autopilot and tries to run off --> bair
Then you can just wavedash back and utilt =)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
It could be my style that's not good vs Marth, never know. I'm going to stick to not wanting to go there vs Marth lol.

Kira-

Smash Champion
hmm interesting, i have no clue if the dsmash could work because i dont use it often enough

If there is no time to dash away i would shield and react to his shield pressure.
So i would probably wavedash back after the shine.

However, if they come directly from above you could utilt them =)
If a Fox feels cornered and wavelands on a low platform he often goes autopilot and tries to run off --> bair
Then you can just wavedash back and utilt =)
i think it does work, i was testing it yesterday

there is usually time to dash away but this would be a great option regardless

usually foxes space the bair so uptilt doesn't really work that well (i dont think)

the fox i'm trying to beat at the moment is LuCKy, he's too smart to just run off a platform predictably like that haha

but thanks

Falcinho

Smash Ace
sounds awsome, now i want to see the hitbox of sheiks dsmash but seansons hitbox site doesnt work for me =/

yeah, the utilt came to my mind because i like to spam it against Foxes who aren't that experienced and approach from directly above.
I also don't think tilts help much against spaced bairs =/

hmm my next idea would be to do a retreating jump and try to fair Fox although i don't think that works.
However, Amsah is really good at interrupting FJ-nair approaches like that so maybe it works there too =O

whatever, now im really curious and I'll experiment with that dsmash thingy =)

soap

Smash Hero
if u time it for the invincibility frame, dsmash works everytime

just normal hits, they trade with bairs from my experience

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
is there a chaingrab guide on the sheik boards? i was looking, but didn't see one
It is pretty self explanatory. I don't think a guide is necessary. After playing sheik for a short amount of time you can tell when you are able to CG and who you can CG as soon as you do your first dthrow on the character.

Spife

Smash Master
Speaking of CG'ing, I can't CG a lvl 3 Link -_-
Am I suppose to dash grab? I assume I'm suppose to move instantly and just don't have a feel for shieks frames yet but...

R3N0

Smash Lord
practice on computer... it helps.. .. on link.. be sure to JC grabs.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Dash grab is better for CGing.
Ya the range is better right? On lower % like on sheik I would agree but on higher % I jc grab.

Um since we are on the subject I played linguini's ganon and its really werid. I can chain grab other ganon's perfectly but when I do it to him he DI so diffrently where I cant grab him. Now I can f tilt and regrab but just not straight into another grab. He also taught me up smash finish my cg and omg its amazing. Anyway anyone know why ganon can do that? The % and what my follow up should be?(I think regrabing is fine lol)

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
up smash with shiek= amazing ...agreed

and from every person i have ever talked to the running animation with shiek extends her grab alot more then any other character? correct? aren't you suppose to use it always?

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
up smash with shiek= amazing ...agreed

and from every person i have ever talked to the running animation with shiek extends her grab alot more then any other character? correct? aren't you suppose to use it always?
It depends on the situation. JC grab has less lag and I frequently feel that I get punished for missing dashgrabs. Use them when you know you need to.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
dash grab for cg'ing ftw.

Also, I didn't have too much trouble cg'ing Linguini (I played him in August or something when he came to CT) except when it was at low percents but that's just because I'm not too goodz at cg'ing at low percents cuz it's hard.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
dash grab for cg'ing ftw.

Also, I didn't have too much trouble cg'ing Linguini (I played him in August or something when he came to CT) except when it was at low percents but that's just because I'm not too goodz at cg'ing at low percents cuz it's hard.
I think around 40% is where he DI's so that you cant regrab but you can do other stuff to lead into a grab or just combo him. I just didnt know ganon can get out at a certain %.

As a matter of fact I think ness can get out of cg's at 30% but it doesnt matter since you can tilt and regrab etc etc.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yeah, Ness can airdodge out at 30.

That's pretty hard to believe you can get out as early as 40 because that was when I didn't mess up lol. Which way did it look like he di'd, up and behind/up and forward/full away?

nicaboy

Smash Champion
He if im not mistaken di's back and up but it doesnt get him out man my bad for the choice of words. You just cant go straight into another grab is all but can tilt and regrab and continue to about 72% or so.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
If you tried to regrab he would just jump out? You might not being doing it fast enough. It is definitely kinda hard to do because you just keep thinking they're going to di away and you have to be pretty quick and turn around grab.

I'll test it out tonight each percent from 40-60 vs Mike$ later today.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I dont think you get it I dont have a problem cg'ing. It was about ganon's DI's out at a certain% to aviod another grab but it doesnt help anyway since you have alot of other options many of which can get him grabed again.

Top Bottom