• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

AntoPark

Smash Lord
Hey guys, not that I play samus or anything..but how would a samus be able to beat us sheiks? :D
Like, what would have to happen for a better sheik to lose to a lesser samus?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Yeah, basically.

More seriously, Sheik would have to simply not know the matchup. She'd have to make mistakes like tilting or jabbing into Samus's CC and then Samus would have to capitalize and punish those as hard as possible. Sheik would also need to make bad mistakes like getting really complacent in shield and being grabbed consequently, being called for rolls, and other stuff.

If they're bad at dealing with missiles that can also work, though missiles are generally a non-issue (particularly with Sheik).

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
if sheik goes in the air in a predictable manner samus can give her the boot as well...

slightly annoying but easy to get around

being edgeguarded with samus is pretty lame as well

soap

Smash Hero
u r about to space an aerial but they dash dance away. u waveland back and they miss grab

or u sh over a laser and waveland forward to close space

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
she doesn't have broken aerial mobility or a broken dash dance or broken stun lasers or the ability to hover

that's why it feels that way

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
It just occured to me i'm pretty ignorant about alotta Sheik stuff. What's the consensus on her vs Marth and Falco? I mean, Marth is like supposedly complete ****, but why is it SO bad people need secondaries and ish for it?

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
physics ****. hes perfect to get knocked around. oh and sheiks moveset being so fast (she is a faster runner as well, only 2 others can say that) means we dont have to just take marths attacks. we can punish accordingly. she also has a projectile to force him to approach, and gimp his momentum on a recovery. this is a personally theory, but i think with sheiks recovery being all "now im here now im not", she can avoid deadly(and crucial, for him at least) edgeguards extremely well. tho
tl;dr marth wears a tiara. sheik doesn't

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It just occured to me i'm pretty ignorant about alotta Sheik stuff. What's the consensus on her vs Marth and Falco? I mean, Marth is like supposedly complete ****, but why is it SO bad people need secondaries and ish for it?
Falco is close. Marth is not.

Falco shoots her and also puts pressure on her and does combos that are really gay, especially ones that involve U-tilt and platforms. His edgeguarding ***** her and tricks like ground techs and whatnot are ineffectual against it if Falco knows how to be gay.

Much to his chagrin, Falco can die in one grab or knockdown, though, so it becomes really close despite how good he is when he's not being grabbed or knocked down (and how good he is at avoiding either of those situations). He's good at handling her usual gayness like tilts and crouch cancel and whatnot because of how great Dair + Shine + Laser all on one character is.

Marth sucks because you just combo the balls off him and edgeguard **** him. And his edgeguard on you is meh comparatively. Your moves can stuff his despite him having a sword because they're fast and long and spacing vs a character that not only has faster moves but also moves with good range is difficult for Marth (her body contortions, particularly when she ducks, does not help him either). She also has quicker close-range movements and can projectile camp if he tries that ledge dash dance gayness.

You have a million stupid traps that **** Marth no matter how he DIs or attempts escape from throws. Her combo game is such that even during moments of him attempting to combo-break via double jumps and Fairs/other moves, Sheik can often 50/50 and try to cover one of those and stuff the move (most of the time) or nick him out of the jump and if she gets either Marth is liable to die.

Edgeguarding is easymode. Lightshield, Bairs, needles, Nairs, and punishing his recovery lag is stupid. You conveniently have an infinite ledgestall to dodge his efforts to swat you with DJ Fairs and whatever.

If you DI away from his combos you won't die in one hit unless he makes a few reads or predictions and gets them correct.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Sheik vs Mario also isn't a real matchup because one of those characters isn't in this game.

And I do oversimplify things but that's because if I actually typed out everything about I know about comboing Marth we'd be here forever.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Does Mario have some kind of crazy advantage in that match that I don't know about? Last time I checked, it's like fighting a Doc who can't KO.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh it is, and sheik ***** him. I still have nightmares about better mario's ****** me in that MU when I was a scrub...

utilt all my badly spaced aerials and then cg to fsmash lolololol

Top Bottom