• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

unknown522

Some guy
i think doc and mario can do solid vs sheik..

But I mean sheik is so gay.

Cuz like I ***** green mario's mario. And that guy has a pretty nasty mario
marios vs sheik is impossible.

She's too gay. They have no approach and no defence vs her. The lack of range hurts even more. Also Yoshi's story is even more impossible.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Do you guys have a complete matchup guide?

I'm an Ice Climber main but I'm looking at Sheik for Samus and Peach, they are pretty much the worst IC matchups out there. The quick and dirty summary will do.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
platform camping + three times the range > mario + doc
marios vs sheik is impossible.

She's too gay. They have no approach and no defence vs her. The lack of range hurts even more. Also Yoshi's story is even more impossible.
How am I suppose to argue that :laugh:

I'm an Ice Climber main but I'm looking at Sheik for Samus and Peach, they are pretty much the worst IC matchups out there. The quick and dirty summary will do.
Ya about sheik your joking right?

Zoler

Smash Ace

Peach vs Sheik is even in NTSC at best... Learn CF or Fox to **** peach

Ya about sheik your joking right?
He never said anything about Sheik vs IC

soap

Smash Hero
lets not get back into the sheik vs. peach who wins

some argue slight advantage peach, some say slight advantage sheik. it comes out to roughly even.

to beat peach, find ways to grab her after she does something stupid like whiff a dsmash. don't tilt her if shes grounded. shoot needles to force her airborne, and space lots of fairs/bairs

i actually like fighting IC's with sheik. my style works against them. And don't you dare hate on trail and say he is not a legit ic player

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
i actually like fighting IC's with sheik. my style works against them. And don't you dare hate on trail and say he is not a legit ic player
Can you explain your style a little, please? I'm guessing it involves a lot of needles and spaced fairs/bairs (i.e., basically the same as vs Peach, since they're both heavily grounded characters with good CC games).

nicaboy

Smash Champion
lets not get back into the sheik vs. peach who wins

some argue slight advantage peach, some say slight advantage sheik. it comes out to roughly even.

to beat peach, find ways to grab her after she does something stupid like whiff a dsmash. don't tilt her if shes grounded. shoot needles to force her airborne, and space lots of fairs/bairs

Amsah is the only one who says its a peach match. Even armada himself said its like 6-4 sheik's favor but ya guess its best not to say anything. Although I firmly believe its a sheik match im sure many of you do too <.<

Ic is not a match for me. Lack of experience on my part

PEEF!

Smash Hero
He is a legit IC player, deff top 5.

He is a little old-school though. Too old school really. But I'm making sure he keeps up.

I had no idea that Peach Sheik was considered even 0_0

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Ehh its kinda of a controversial match up at this point. I think its kinda peach adv *shrugs*

For sheik vs samus btw,

You should probably play more defensive and force samus to make a move because her overall defensive game is very hard to break through.

Use needles/ftilt to go through her missles. If she dsmashes your shield you can WD OOS and grab her so abuse that. And vs her recovery, aim for her bombs instead of her, until she's closer anyway.

Uhh yea this is all very basic stuff cuz I didn't really know what you have trouble with, if you need more help tell us =D

Zoler

Smash Ace
I played a Samus just before today (I am at Dreamhack right now), and I knew needles ***** samus so i tried spamming them but missiles go over needles!? shouldnt they clinch lol

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
He is a legit IC player, deff top 5.

He is a little old-school though. Too old school really. But I'm making sure he keeps up.

I had no idea that Peach Sheik was considered even 0_0
Try to get him to learn the handoff. We tried to get him to learn new stuff...he just doesn't care :laugh:.

Peach Sheik is definitely about even though. It feels like one of Sheik's better matchups though when compared to Jiggs, IC's, and Fox

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
ICs isn't really super duper walk in the park ez mode though.

Not that Peach is, but I'd think that the whole "get death comboed" thing is pretty irritating and she has similar weaknesses vs them as she does vs Puff.

Cia

das kwl
Ehh its kinda of a controversial match up at this point. I think its kinda peach adv *shrugs*
oh really? since when?

admittedly, I don't have trouble with Sheik (with the exception of Plairnkk) but on the flip-side, i slaughter Peach as Sheik. I feel horrible when I do it.. but.. yea.

Cia

das kwl
He's counters Peach's attacks perfectly with proper spacing and move choice. his grab combos are pretty good too. He just knows how to trap her and evade her at the same time. I believe sheik has a solid advantage.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
oh really? since when?

admittedly, I don't have trouble with Sheik (with the exception of Plairnkk) but on the flip-side, i slaughter Peach as Sheik. I feel horrible when I do it.. but.. yea.
A little after pound 4.

Mind you I still don't think its a blow out or anything lol.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Try to get him to learn the handoff. We tried to get him to learn new stuff...he just doesn't care :laugh:.

Peach Sheik is definitely about even though. It feels like one of Sheik's better matchups though when compared to Jiggs, IC's, and Fox
NO! i THINK SHIEK BEATS JIGS! peach easily loses to sheik(ya i said it) fox is pretty evenish fox has a slight advantage imo. Lower percents are tuff but around 60 or so i feel solid. IC is bs there sheiks hardest match imo.

ics is def easier than jiggs. jiggs is the worst
no way ics are the devil

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
so why is it plairnkk if we all say plank? does anyone here cp ic's with ganon instead of peach? seems like it would be similarly easy, and you dont need to f'c or hit them more than 5 times a stock. just land a fair or two. thoughts?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ic are sheiks hardest match by far.

then fox and falco

then jiggs

jiggs is hard but u have to just fight her different. it just turns into an insanely annoying match

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
trail is not a legit lmao i mean he's not bad, but hes not that great either

ics sheik so annoying lost to chu twice this last weekend grrrrrrr

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If she spaces a Fair on your shield you can't do anything. Most good characters with faster jumps and high traction can't do anything about it. Your character comes with this inconvenient habit of sliding backwards whenever anything touches his shield.

Spaced F-tilt I'm not 100% sure on, but you probably can't do anything if she uses her tippy toes.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Two questions:

If Luigi heavy shields Sheik's fair, will he always be pushed out of range to grab Sheik, say, after she jabs or ftilts?

If he light shields the fair, does he slide far enough away for Sheik's subsequent jab/ftilt to whiff?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Two questions:

If Luigi heavy shields Sheik's fair, will he always be pushed out of range to grab Sheik, say, after she jabs or ftilts?

If he light shields the fair, does he slide far enough away for Sheik's subsequent jab/ftilt to whiff?
No for the first one.

Not sure about the second one.

Spaced ftilts are relatively safe btw.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
sheik can definitely still jab ftilt luigi after fair

if spaced perfectly he can't do anything after fair....

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
sheik vs peach i think is like 60:40 in sheiks favor. but thats only if peach REALLY knows the matchup. otherwise sheik just slaughters her soul. i have no idea tho armada slaughtered my soul. he plays so differently than any peach ever -.-

Zoler

Smash Ace
sheik vs peach i think is like 60:40 in sheiks favor. but thats only if peach REALLY knows the matchup. otherwise sheik just slaughters her soul. i have no idea tho armada slaughtered my soul. he plays so differently than any peach ever -.-
You don't judge by peaches in general but the best player. So judging by Armada, peach slaughters your soul. Also remember Armada is the one and only peach. So everything around peach must be based on him (at least most).

Armada plays peach like how she should be played, everyone else plays wrong. My 2 cents.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You don't judge by peaches in general but the best player. So judging by Armada, peach slaughters your soul. Also remember Armada is the one and only peach. So everything around peach must be based on him (at least most).

Armada plays peach like how she should be played, everyone else plays wrong. My 2 cents.

This logic sucks.

If anything, Armada borrowed stuff from the Peach players that came before him and improved on it.

*shakes his head.*

Smooth Criminal

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
im just saying even tho armada ***** me cuz hes a better player, i think sheik has a good advantage.

Top Bottom