• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
yoshi can powershield grabs.
No that's his super armor or parry. With Yoshi, if you shield for a very short time such that you don't see the egg but you hear the sound (you can do this by releasing very quickly, or by jumping or upsmashing after shield, or by shieldgrabbing after shield), you can parry everything in the game if you time it right.

The Mighty Kiwi

Smash Cadet
Something really strange and funny happened today. I was playing a CPU Falcon and I had full needles stored. The CPU does a falcon punch, I shoot my needles and the falcon punch blocks all my needles. CPUs are too good!!

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
No that's his super armor or parry. With Yoshi, if you shield for a very short time such that you don't see the egg but you hear the sound (you can do this by releasing very quickly, or by jumping or upsmashing after shield, or by shieldgrabbing after shield), you can parry everything in the game if you time it right.
To add this is because Yoshi gains invisibility frames as he goes into his shield(egg). I think Marth has something like this as well with his turn around animation. Not as easy to use though *shrugs*

*Wonders if Magus is about to **** me*....

Hmmm...

Kira-

Smash Champion
@ LooksLikePit

I charge needles on a platform

then when they jump up to laser you

go down and run under them

then nair or something when they come down

if they stay on the bottom then you have full needles and can slowly get closer to them (WD out of shield, ducking, short hopping over lasers) until you get 17% damage on them through needles (i usually throw them as they laser)

then go back and charge needles and eventually they will approach

edit - do not double jump above the platform to charge needles. you will get shot lol. stay on the ground (or on the platform)

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer

*ponders......*

EDIT: Actually wait wtf am I talking about, I'm confused why you guys have a problem posting nonsense in a different thread >_>
:laugh:

does being a top player come with a holy glowing aura? i want one, but ill take a dark red too
:embarrass

edit: to keep it relevant
i see you were enjoying the wonderfulness of sheiks ntsc dthrow for tech chasing
Not anymore than I do in PAL. Though it's a little easier, I usually don't miss tech chases anyway.. =]

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
yea second post but for a change of direction
so what characters can sheik hit while they are trying to ledgedrop regrab stall even if they do it perfectly
like i know you cant do it do it to gannon, but is it effective vs the high to top tiers
also for fox and falco would it work? i would think not but itd be good to know jic

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
and your smileys get the red aura... man pros get all the perks
:embarrass

so i gots a question
against zhu u wr teching every dsmash, b ut mango would either miss and get the second one or the first one. is he just magical or something?
Teching the Dsmash and surviving depends completely on surprising your opponent. If you don't surprise them they simply dsmash again as seen by Mango. That's also why I didn't want to use it in friendlies (but did so anyway instinctively lol)..

So basically I caught Zhu off guard, Mango was a little smarter though..^_^

How do you follow the initial DI on the PAL Dthrow? DI away keeps messing me up, as I either don't cover tech away, or I overcommit to it.
You dash forward then crouch and dash again. (So you don't run past them if they tech in place)
Then just follow them wherever they go, if they tech away boost grab, if they tech in place JC grab, if they tech back turn around and grab them..=]

gm jack

Smash Lord
You dash forward then crouch and dash again. (So you don't run past them if they tech in place)
Then just follow them wherever they go, if they tech away boost grab, if they tech in place JC grab, if they tech back turn around and grab them..=]
The idea to crouch out a dash had completely missed me. I've been trying WD, walk or DD towards the landing spot.

Thanks a lot, I'll definitely try to figure it out.

And the Fair comment was just a general stab at Sheik and the everything-to-Fair mentality. And a reverse Fair would have been pretty cool as well.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
releasing needles as you hit the ground

upon making contact with the ground, you cancel the lag from the animation of shooting needles, so you can use this to go directly into another action

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Most people have to just get used to it. It catches people off guard because the changes the stage makes are not as noticeable as PS.

FoD is a great sheik stage imo. She has amazing tech options on that stage and since the pit is low you can do all sorts of edgeguards =D. And other stuff that I just forget to note because I'm typing this off the top of my head. >_<

Spife

Smash Master
also it would appear that 4 sheiks on that stage don't lag it very hard, if at all. It felt playable at least >_>

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
o.O

Maybe I don't play against rapefaces like ya'll do, but I've always liked Stadium. Why do you guys dislike it?

Smooth Criminal
Essentially it just comes down to the platforms.
If you SH, you land on them (you can NOT land on them but it's just a minor annoyance LOL).
Falcos are jerks, camping under them and ridiculous things with shinecombos get better. Even Marth is more annoying with them. Though minor.
Shiek isn't eccessively mobile, so moving horizontally fast can be annoying like Fox. Even Falcon can be annoying with room. Though minor.

Just little things, like decent recovery room sideways but a lower top so usmash > fair etc.
It's still not THAT bad, there are just better. :\

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
o.O

Maybe I don't play against rapefaces like ya'll do, but I've always liked Stadium. Why do you guys dislike it?

Smooth Criminal
I just think I'm bad there. I dislike how it feels.

Not being able to SH under the platforms is annoying, I guess, but there's not a really logical reason behind it. It just feels uncomfortable.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Pretty sure uncomfort comes when things that aren't usual come into play.

Example: Unable to SH in areas.

Example 2: Lots of horizontal room negating easy kills and combos/less time near the ledge which we all love.

That sums up good reason for being uncomfortable on PS. :\

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Yes that's generally the tough part.

I dunno.

I just keep moving around hoping to bait **** until i can get a grab -> tech chase, but i suck

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I kinda figured it had something to do with a combination of tiara-wearing homos, furries with lasers, dudes with nipple caps, and limited aerial mobility. Oh and I suppose you can't forget about those platforms.

XD

But yeah. I see what you're saying. In fact it's a little more evident than before. About the biggest threat I face in everyday play is a fast-developing Marth that is learning how to play the game as gay as I do. He's quickly capitalizing on my landing on platforms in that way Marth can, waving his wand sword through platforms from below and setting me up for dumb combos that I somehow forget to DI away from. I swear to God it's like a DBR combo vid sometimes, and I'm the pole-jocking crewmember that gets knocked around. I try and limit my time on those platforms sometimes, but I also can't deny their utility---sometimes it's good to space aerials off of them, shield-drop through the platform to then jump back up for an aerial, etc.

I usually camp EXTREMELY hard on that stage because I enjoy some of the elemental layouts. Unfortunately I know that there's going to be competition out there that is a) better than me and b) is going to play a character that's better at camping (on PS or any stage in general) so I'm just weighing options.

I appreciate the feedback as always, guys.

Smooth Criminal

P.S. I find it hard to believe that you play bad anywhere, KK.

XD

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm still having trouble with the fox match up >.<

Any quick advice for it? I've read the character matchups but they aren't helping as much.

I'm good at gimping them once they're off the stage but my biggest problem lies with getting them there haha.

:link:
F-tilt and Bair/Fair a lot. Scare the little ****er.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm still having trouble with the fox match up >.<

Any quick advice for it? I've read the character matchups but they aren't helping as much.

I'm good at gimping them once they're off the stage but my biggest problem lies with getting them there haha.

:link:
Jungle, Bungle, whatever he calls himself now laid out a good premise. Grab them, down-throw them, tech-chase them, and then down-smash them when they're at a high(er) percentage.

Needles are also nice for slowing their ***** down too.

Everything else? Our resident Bidoof (KK) has the answers. There's also a Aang, a Triforce symbol, a black chick, a Phoenix Wright character, and a bear with a bird protrusion on its back...

Edit: Lol@KK's response.

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom