• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Anyone have any tips for bairing while on the edge of yoshi's and living (aka get on ledge of yoshis, then bair, then jump+upb regrab the edge with no poof)? It's actually kind of hard randomly. I get it like half the time... if you mess up though you lose a stock so I need to be able to do it close to 100% of the time.

Also, how are people doing on learning the edge cancelling of the upb? I haven't started practicing it at all.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
LOL I love you David.

You can also try it on a big stage like FD. You just have to regrab the edge with no poof.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I tried to copy the spacing for the guy in the video but the ledge kept sucking me back to it.

Moral of this story: Sheik likes the edge.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Oh oh oh, I thought you were talking about the bair regrab thing... I was like... it's not that hard. xD

Also, for the upb edgecancel thing, I tried to do the same thing and I also got ***** by the edge.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
"omg, why didn't i think of drop bair... Thanks!"
Is it about a match or in general? Bair is good lol

Dair regrab = probably my favoite regrab.
Dair platform chase>grab>dthrow to dash off/drop through Fair/Bair.

:)

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
I like everything but Pokemon Stadium.
im ok with poke (not against fox, but i guess i may ban it now that cornerias off the table)
i call the tree that comes up on the fire part the "**** log" i have done terrible things to characters there on all 3 sides

so i guess i should play a lot more games on fod to get used to it? one thing that effs me up is trying to edgeguard with those plats at those funny heights. obviosuly i prefer to bair guard but i cant always make it in time

JPOBS

Smash Hero
what are the "no win" situations you can put fox in when you edguard him?

specifically after a backthrow and you want to gimp him at low percents, whats the go-to series of evnts that covers the majority of/all of his options?

i know theres tricky things fox can do like shinestall and phantasm shorten but i feel like sheik is a gay enough character that she has very simple textbook gimps/edgeguards that covers most of what spacies try to recover with a la marth.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I... never tried to beat Nair with dsmash...

Personally I pivot grab/ftilt/CC grab.
This.

Of course I also play against a Fox learning the ropes, so I like to throw needles at him and then boost grab 'im. But that's only if I'm far enough away to do it.

Nobody likes it when I grab.

Smooth Criminal

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
what are the "no win" situations you can put fox in when you edguard him?

specifically after a backthrow and you want to gimp him at low percents, whats the go-to series of evnts that covers the majority of/all of his options?

i know theres tricky things fox can do like shinestall and phantasm shorten but i feel like sheik is a gay enough character that she has very simple textbook gimps/edgeguards that covers most of what spacies try to recover with a la marth.
Come to Toronto and I will show you. :devil:

Or host another decent-sized tournament and/or a sexy party. Either would be acceptable :laugh:

B-throw SH Bair when you're right at the edge is pretty good though.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I like B-throw then run off, rising Nair on stage.

What do you guys do when they start to catch on? From personal experience and watching a ton of sheik vs spacies videos, it seems most spacies double jump and airdodge (when they catch on) like, 75% of the time. Falcos Dair like, 40% of the time (****ing annoying if I try to run of Nair instead of SH Bair cause Dair just kills me).
But yeah, when they catch on I either turn around and charge a Dsmash or turn around and Fair them after the airdodge. Any better options?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I like do downsmash foxes when they approach me with nair. Good/bad?
Good, as long as you hit them on frame 5 (where you're invincible).

How does Falco's phantasm work?

Sometimes it feels like he's invisible/invincible and goes right through my moves...

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I mean like, what happens while Falco is in the midway through his over b? I couldn't find any USEFUL frame data about that part.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If you clinked with him, you didn't really clink with him, you hit his phantasm hitbox. Falco's phantasm is behind him and during the move, Falco travels fast and so does the phantasm hitbox. If he's midway through the move, you probably missed him, thought you hit him but didn't, and then clinked with the trailing hitbox.

There's no invincibility or anything. Just vanish tricks with shortens and stuff. But no invincibility.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
So basically, just do ftilts/nairs/moves early and you're fine for hitting him?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Excellent. Thanks KK. ^_^ I love getting immediate answers in this thread. Feels great.

KK, can you do the drop bair from the edge and live on yoshi's near 100% of the time? If so, I'll just practice it some more.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I think I need practice edgeguarding. I know sheik's options, but habitually am most comfortable with d-smash.

It seems when I try to hit them with needles right before they sweetspot, I just straight miss and they get back. If I try dsmash, they don't get hit. And I don't have enough time to run off edgeguard/not sure if it'd work.

Perfect example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Diew75LvS0#t=0m39s

What were Tec's best options? He ran and flubbed the dashattack, I would have flubbed the running dmash. If I can get to the edge in time I am much more proficient due to sheiks awesome bair, but often I can't.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I didn't see the match yet because youtube is loading slow but...

You just gotta get good at using needles. You also have to recognize when a Fox/Falco has the option to sweetspot which is really hard to recognize. After playing Fox for a long time I usually see it when players are going to sweetspot.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
What were Tec's best options? He ran and flubbed the dashattack, I would have flubbed the running dmash. If I can get to the edge in time I am much more proficient due to sheiks awesome bair, but often I can't.
He had enough time to grab the edge and kill him, he just didn't.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
When he ran off stage he should've just fall down with a weak nair kill, but he didn't, he jumped back on.

He could've still easily edge hogged him or simply SH needled Jmans sweetspot (and then kill him), but instead he wavedashed back ruining all of his edgeguard options..=]

Top Bottom