• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
You're probably right since the dash grab has more range iirc.

Though I think the JC grab goes far enough. Its not like peach where you actually HAVE to dash grab in certain spots to land the grab.

I also don't CG very often so I'm probably not giving the best of advice :laugh:. The few times I do use the CG though I've used JCs and haven't run into any real issues.

soap

Smash Hero
my mini grab guide:

dash grab for chaingrabs

boost grab for tech chasing and general foxtrot dash dance grabs

jc for real tight close range dash dance grabs, use instead of dash grabs in general unless u need a big range boost, then boost it.

it's really a feeling thing and personal preference

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i guess im going to have to get accustomed to that if it makes sheik's game better.

all i do is jc grabs loool

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Can you cg Sheik at 0 if you jc grab? I've only been able to do it without jc'ing it.

Also, I agree with soap for everything.

Edit: Why does hitting people's shields with jumping needles and then grabbing them usually work? It works against really good players too... your opponent can get out of it no matter how low you hit on their shield right?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
You can. It's just really ****ing hard. It took me about a week to get it down. I stopped practicing it though so I can't really do it that often now.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Can you cg Sheik at 0 if you jc grab? I've only been able to do it without jc'ing it.

Also, I agree with soap for everything.

Edit: Why does hitting people's shields with jumping needles and then grabbing them usually work? It works against really good players too... your opponent can get out of it no matter how low you hit on their shield right?
i picked up sheik recently so i haven't really done sheik dittos before.

to me it seems like they can avoid the grab.

unknown522

Some guy
KirbyKaze post:

That's because you can't.

You need the dash grab's range.

Because needles at the lowest point on their shield puts you at -1. Very, very few people are perfect with shield grab so you can often cheat their shield grab that way if you learn the timing for needle --> grab on landing.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
KK, I don't understand.

Is it because your opponent thinks they can shieldgrab after you've needled and landed? When in reality,you are able to grab them instead with a 1 frame advantage?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
No, you're actually at a disadvantage of -1. His point was that nobody is frame perfect with shieldgrabs so you can often grab anyway if you time it well.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
What a waste of a post...but

CG from 0 is just real **** hard.

Good to know you can't JC it...no wonder I haven't been able to do it.

Spife

Smash Master
Unknown that sig IS awesome. Larger image plz?

edit: speaking of wasted posts, who's the hardest cg'able character to cg from 0?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I believe Unknown's sig is just the Ontario guys. Vwins and Bam are from Quebec.

I could be wrong.

DJRome

Smash Hero
i figured, but the print is too small to make out anything more than just canada smash, which would be egregious if it leaves off vwins

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I believe Unknown's sig is just the Ontario guys. Vwins and Bam are from Quebec.

I could be wrong.
No it's the Canadians that made bracket. Kage is Quebec.

I don't know who the hardest character is to CG at 0. I don't think it works at 0 on Ganon. I guess I'd probably say Link or Young Link or Sheik or something.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
vwins got the death pool at pound maybe?
I thought I heard he was one of the many that was included in that pool LOL

PKM should be there too... :p

Aren't there WAAAAAY Better things to do from 0% anyway? >_>

Like maybe a regrab in there, but straight CG??? >_>

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I've never been able to cg Link at 0. I've been able to do it to Sheik though so imo it's Link.

unknown522

Some guy
vwins got the death pool at pound maybe?
I thought I heard he was one of the many that was included in that pool LOL

PKM should be there too... :p

Aren't there WAAAAAY Better things to do from 0% anyway? >_>

Like maybe a regrab in there, but straight CG??? >_>
Almost every pool was a death pool round 3 (coincidentally, not plank's).

PKM was in my pool round 3.....it was pretty gay.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Almost every pool was a death pool round 3 (coincidentally, not plank's).

PKM was in my pool round 3.....it was pretty gay.
Yeah that's so true, what was I thinking.
Pound 4 was a pile of death really, I'd have been super scurred no matter who I played.

None of planks anything were as hard as anyone else.
That's perfectly fine though, he ran the whole thing so giving himself a break I guess isn't so bad. Still, LOL

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
What's the best thing to do against a camping Falco? For example, the Falco is camping behind a platform on Pokemon Stadium or on Dreamland. Should I camp back, be aggressive, or something else?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
What's the best thing to do against a camping Falco? For example, the Falco is camping behind a platform on Pokemon Stadium or on Dreamland. Should I camp back, be aggressive, or something else?
Oops kinda procrastinating and going back and forth with work >_>.

Anyway....

I usually either just duck under the laser and slowly creep up on him. Using bair and fair to jump over the laser is a pretty good idea. The best they can do is shield it and as long as you space it you really can't be hit out of stuff espeically if you do bair.

At mid-ish percents dash attacking under lasers become a lot more viable. If you can land it they can set up for fairs (or things that combo into fair) or they can knock falco down and set up for a nice tech chase.

Don't try to grab falco directly, its definitely not worth the trouble.

I guess in other words be fairly aggressive. Being overaggressive can set you up for his OOS play. You can needle him but don't depend on just needles as lasers > needles.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Just keep that distance from Falco that makes him unsafe/uncomfortable. He's not gonna SH a laser if you're in his face, but he's not safe to dair or anything else if you're out of his pathetic horizontal burst speed range stuff.

Try a Marth tipper distance/tip Fair distance from Falco at all times. Your safe zone against him as he can't do much but predict what you do, and you can react accordingly.

Push him to the edge in this zone, gg off edge. Shield is great, don't try shield grabbing, that's silly. Don't try dashing at him into a grab from far away, that's silly.
He attacks too much, so you have to read and react for the grabs/other hts. Watch the CC early like Tec^ said, but dash attack any SHL attempt when he's 'ripe' for it.

You can out space him in this range if you stay there and don't let him in and out of it (away to laser or on your face with shineginanigans)

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
When a falco is camping near the edge and I approach them, they just move back slightly. I'm either at a range where my attacks don't hit and he can keep camping, at a range where I have the advantage, or at a close range where I get *****. Falcos usually just go back slightly when I approach so it's at the farther range. How do I lock them in so they have no choice but to get trapped in the whirlwind of gayness that is Sheik?

Top Bottom