• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
i do double jump nair to hit people out of their jumps when they try to just jump back sometimes. how does on the stage sh nair cover that? :p
i do a single jump nair if i think their recovery will happen before i get there but i like double jumping to a nair if i can hit them in the middle of their recoveries start up (good example is falco)

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
Can all high tiers beat the shino stall? In particular, I'm curious what Peach, CF, and Jigglypuff would do to steal the edge since they have relatively slow wavedashes?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well.. I mean you don't necessarily have to wavedash to steal the edge.

To answer your question though, yes almost all if not all the characters in the game can stop the shino stall.

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
Well.. I mean you don't necessarily have to wavedash to steal the edge.

To answer your question though, yes almost all if not all the characters in the game can stop the shino stall.
Any chance you could elaborate on that, for example with Peach and Captain Falcon? I hate to harp on an uninteresting topic but I'm really not at all familiar with what one would do.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
falcon can grab ledge -> waveland back on stage -> w/e
peach can probably do something similar

soap

Smash Hero
peach can float back edgehog

falcon can moonwalk sh back edgehog from like across the level

i've seen jiano do the pc with falcon btw. old gimpy can turn around

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Vs Shino stall, Jigglypuff just jumps and her jump goes mad far so it's really easy to grab the edge.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Any chance you could elaborate on that, for example with Peach and Captain Falcon? I hate to harp on an uninteresting topic but I'm really not at all familiar with what one would do.
Thats what this thread is for haha. Don't hesitate to ask ;)

Anyway with peach you can float and grab edge. Like do a high float so it'll make it difficult for sheik to attack you from the edge. Then if you see her drop from the edge, quickly fast fall and steal it.

Falcon has a good short hop even without moonwalk so just face backwards and just hop to steal it.

You can go about it with everyone in a similar fashion really. Or even WD if they have a good one like Marth.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
yea if i had to request for a team, it would Armada and Amsah. imo, it would be unstoppable. Unless, it were like M2k and Mango.. maybe?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
yea, next time ur with mango,m2k, and armada. You guys should record friendly doubles. You and armada vs M2k and Mango. Then switch it up with US vs EUro. =D

and whats PCing?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
when you use your walking momentum to slide, then turnaround at the edge and grab the edge

i feel like i did a piss poor job of explaning that

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
oh i know what u mean.... Sorta like moonwalking toward the ledge and grabbing it. right?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
I dont know if Mango would want to team with M2K. Also, teaming with M2K seems hard, because he plays a weird *** style. I'd rather see Armada/Amsah vs Mango/Lucky and Jman/M2K.
i was a bit quick on the draw there but ya, u're right.

thats what would be really fun to watch.

Luma

Smash Lord
Wes did it way before PC and even put a clip in his CV with this egdehog
so tell me why should it be the PC and not the Wes? =P

4% APR

Smash Champion
Zoso, our pools match was the first time I've ever gotten the marth killer to work on fox, and i've tried quite a few times. Just saying :)

Top Bottom