• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

ZoSo

Smash Champion
4%, that was very surprising, but I kind of want to just put Pound 4 behind me forever. T_T

unknown522

Some guy
yo amsah, we definitely have to get some MMs in at APEX.

I missed out on playing a lot of good players at Pound4, so I have to make up for that.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
So d throw to spacies on platform to jab then charged up smash is **** because it cover several options at once.

D-throw FFer on platform to pretty much anything you can think of if they can't edgecancel and fall off is **** because it covers several options at once.

Banana.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Who said Sheik has no tech skill? Lol.

Can anyone cancel sheik's upb lag via platforms? It's so ****ing easy cancelling Fox/Falco's over b lag but it's next to impossible with Sheik. I'm guessing it's because of Fox/Falco's momentum maybe? Anyways I tried for like an hour doing it looking based on the
pixels on battlefield: (
step 1: zooming in really close under the far left platform
step 2: line up the red arrow P1 with one of the little circles
step 3:Continuously doing the same type of moving inside your upb every time
step 4: Trial and error until you cancel your upb lag.) and I was only able to do it once in that hour and it wasn't even doing it that way xD (I was just fooling around and accidentally did it while I was by the edge of the stage and jumped+upb'd).

So, if you don't feel like reading that^^^ any tips on cancelling Sheik's upb lag? If I could implement that, that'd be huge.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yeah, that's easy. I'm just trying to figure out from a diagonal/horizontal. It's really ****ing hard in case anyone hasn't tried it. Mostly from a diagonal is what I'm trying to figure out to do.

Edit: Maybe I'm trying to do something that doesn't exist?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
But KK, it's so useful! Imagine being off the edge vs a Space animal then upb'ing and instead of dying, you bair grab to 0-death tech chase them. Ohhhh the beauty that'd be. If I ever do a combo video that'll be my opening scene.

I guess I'll just have to be the only Sheik in the world who will be able to do it consistently. ;P

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Urgh, so like, I've been practicing the downthrow tech chase Sheik has on spacies. Jab if they don't tech, uptilt if they tech in place, JC grab if they tech left/right, and dash A or dsmash if I react to slow, blah blah.
I never seem to get it off in tourney matches though... it feels like it requires to much concentration... doesn't anyone else get this???

_kSo_

Smash Master
Urgh, so like, I've been practicing the downthrow tech chase Sheik has on spacies. Jab if they don't tech, uptilt if they tech in place, JC grab if they tech left/right, and dash A or dsmash if I react to slow, blah blah.
I never seem to get it off in tourney matches though... it feels like it requires to much concentration... doesn't anyone else get this???
ur a noob teczero does that to me all the time :laugh::laugh:

<3

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I can do it in friendlies, it's why ppl don't like playing me in friendlies lol

But when tourneys come along.... :( Idk, maybe I think too much when money is on the line.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Some people are like that. Some others, like me are actually a lot better when they're in pressure. In other words, some people play mad good in friendlies but choke in tournament due to being nervous but others, like me play horrible in friendlies and a LOT better in tournament.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I used to have the same exact problem NJsfinest.
Actually...I still do

Toledo tourny friday? Or indanapolis?

I'll show you then how she is supposed to be played. ;)

Falcinho

Smash Ace
The upB edgecancel thingy is a nice mix-up, but if you try that too often your opponent will prolly just hit you out of your not-invincible upB-startup =(

Donno if this works in NTSC but as far as i know there is no reason it shouldn't work

unknown522

Some guy
KirbyKaze

no if they tech left or right you boost grab, jc grab sucks ****.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
>.>

Do you boost grab everytime? I've been JC grabbing for the past like, 4 years haha.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Running grab comes out only 1 frame slower (probably works out to about the same with JC frames) and has more range. It also has more lag, but that only matters if you miss.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Yea I do use JC grabs for CGs.

Though I'm not sure it matters. I dunno if you can use the DA grab but I'm so used to JC grabs that I don't bother.

Don't fix whats not broken or however that saying goes I guess.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
You should always dash grab when chaingrabbing, but if JC grab is giving you the results you want, no reason to stop I guess.

Top Bottom