• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Mains, who do you secondary (actually use in tourney) + why?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Fox because he's practical.

He's better than Sheik, more consistently damaging than Sheik, better in teams, teams better with more characters, Shine deserves its own category, and he's a hell of a lot better at a bunch of matchups (notably Jigglypuff, Peach, and Ice Climbers). Not that Sheik isn't good against them, but Fox is undeniably stupid.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
i would secondary mew2, his style is too good.
Mewtwo is sexy.

Anyway, I don't main Sheik, so I don't deserve to contribute to this thread. But she's pretty fun in teams and sometimes I'll bust her out to crack a tough Marth. If I DID main her, however, I would probably secondary Marth, because any character who's mildly difficult for her (Fox, Falco, ICs, Kirby even), is a lot easier for Marth to handle.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm trying to main Sheik again.

Secondaries: DK, Marth

DK, because of the Bum movement <3

Marth for spacies / Sheiks hardest matchups.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Fox because he's practical.

He's better than Sheik, more consistently damaging than Sheik, better in teams, teams better with more characters, Shine deserves its own category, and he's a hell of a lot better at a bunch of matchups (notably Jigglypuff, Peach, and Ice Climbers). Not that Sheik isn't good against them, but Fox is undeniably stupid.
I still think Sheik is ridiculous in teams. Not as good as Fox or anything but that's why you have a Fox as your partner lol. I think the best teammates for her are Peach, Jiggs, and Fox.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Sheik needs no secondary but this past weekend I went falco just cuz the guy countered picked me with falco.

Hmm I really dont have to go anyone beside sheik but fox for puff. And peach for doubles sometimes.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Lol no. When I went to my first national tourney my homeboy told me they do and, the story of pound 3 about how you guys got disqualified. Anyway so the first person I played from canada was a fox. 2 stocked me. Lilttle did I know that was ryanEX. So from that point on I always felt that way.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
If I ever pick up a secondary, it will probably be Daisy. Daisy is super-fun and easy to use, and she's also one of my favorite Nintendo characters along with Sheik, Samus, Mario, and Bowser.
Because my former main is Samus, I'll probably end up trying to develop a Samus game as well and make her my "for the **** of it" character. I'm not HugS. I can't do competitive Samus.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Sheik 70%
Marth 15%
Falco 15%

My Falco isn't that great except for the fact I have bad *** laser skills and I use Marth when I come up against other Sheiks,I hate Sheik v Sheik.....

Alukard

Smash Hero
i play marth as a back up cuz my sheik sucks vs peach and my marth is really good vs peach ...

sheik 40%
marth 40%
everything else 20%

SFAT

Smash Ace
Well I dont main Sheik, I main Fox. But Sheik is really fun haha. I dont know, it's just something about her movement that gets me going.

Im going to a CGC tournament in SFSU, NorCal today. Watch the Live Stream! If I get recorded I might try out my Sheik haha. There should be a link in this thread sometime around 12-3pm. Or you can watch HomeMadeWaffle's status on AIM, HomeMadeWaffles7, and he usually puts up the link to the Live Stream there.

Watch my mediocre Sheik! haha.

Rappster

Smash Ace
all the people i play really really suck, so when i play matches, first round i usualy mess around with m2 (occasionally bowser), second round is shiek or samus, 3rd round is luigi/marth

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
I main Marth, I use my Fox for Puff and stuff, I use Sheik for low tiers and other cgables.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Well did you know, the audience actually doesn't go 'Gooooo Sheik!'
They actually say 'Sooooo Cheap!'

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Primary is Sheik. Have Peach as a secondary and Marth as a tertiary.

A lot of spacies (my bane is Fox) who are really good against Sheik seem to have a weakness to either Peach or Marth.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I'm glad to see you're more active again Doug. Are you playing around VA again?

I hope we attend the same tournament and get a few games in one of these days :).

Top Bottom