• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Mains, who do you secondary (actually use in tourney) + why?

Bil

Smash Ace
Ganon/Samus/Puff, it depends on the matchup really...Ganon and Samus are both my Ex-Mains so I'm sorta good with them, plus I just love stomping people, and missiling people. Puff is just annoying.

soap

Smash Hero
i went through my marth phase already, hes not so fun anymore.

im likin falco nowadays, fighting foxes with falco seems less of an uphill battle, i feel like i have some real weapons + i dont like having to tech chase for an entire match with sheik, i have like add and cant keep it up, id rather do combos.

i used falco for the first time in a tourney match on saturday, along with a bunch of other characters. it was fun, i havent switched or counterpicked characters for like 3 years.

the character i really have fun playing right now is ness but im too scared to pull him out in an important set, next scrub i play is getting pkt2 edgeguarded

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Sheik. I've tried going Fox in tourny matches, but I always get too shaky and lose all tech skill I had.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I second Marth, moved to sheik recently, marth become to boring to play>_>

Apples

Smash Apprentice
I secondary Peach. My fox knows what to do, but he's incapable at this point cause my tech skill is too inconsistent and always has been. But aim to be a Sheik/Fox/Peach. Peach is mainly for ICs and I also like the Peach vs Fox matchup sometimes. Upthrow is rapesies on spacies :)

I might start going Ganon for Mario... lol Cause for some reason I have a personal weakness to him, but my Ganon is the only character I have that ***** Mario.

M@v

Subarashii!
If you play sheik there's no reason to secondary lol
This is true lol, but:

I second Samus. Always have played her in melee, and when I picked up Sheik I still kept samus. Thats the reason why. I use Zelda too, but I only use her A. As my low tier tourney main. B. Throw in a suprise thunder kick during a match.
And no, I actually don't play fox too much in melee. Im not the best at Wavedashing, but I can do drill shine combos just fine. I just prefer ftilt-fair with sheik :D

P.S I like brawl too and all, but its blasphemy what they did to Samus in Brawl >_>.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Fox is really too good.

I think sheik has a more even and bad match ups than fox.

I really don't think sheik is as good as everybody thinks but whatever.

Fox is ridiculous T_T.

4% APR

Smash Champion
soap i think you should keep working on that falco. It's too hard to do well in fox dittos if you don't main him

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I secondary Sheik and main Peach, their match-ups line up pretty well. I may change my main to Shiek, but then I'd have to change my smash name =/

Banks

Smash Hero
Most sheik mains I've known have seconded fox, because he is good vs people sheik mains sometimes don't like fighting....like other sheiks or...fox....lmao

duals

Smash Journeyman
I main Samus

Second sheik

Which is funny because sheik is the worst character to play against for a Samus player.....
I've been playing Samus for 2 years and being stubborn and never playing with any one else, but times have changed and i need a good character against f-ing Marth... Sheik it is ^-^

soap

Smash Hero
Fox is really too good.

I think sheik has a more even and bad match ups than fox.

I really don't think sheik is as good as everybody thinks but whatever.

Fox is ridiculous T_T.
i was watching some 2 year old teczero fox vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUKYHBP2M2A

that thing must be ridiculous by now

rofl what is dire talking about?

i have like no spanimal tourney experience, if i do this i have to go balls first no turning back in the middle of sets

TrikELotus

Smash Apprentice
Lately my Sheik hasn't been doing well, same with my Puff, so lately Fox has been my sub of choice. Sometimes go Marth, but I think its only good in doubles. I play a wide variety otherwise but, mainly been sticking to Sheik and Fox.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Sheik vs falco and fox is reaaaally hard :(.

I secondary Fox. Cuz imo fox is too good >_<.
fighting falco is hard with sheik?
when did this happen?

i'm not a huge fan of fighting vs foxes in tourny so i normally stick to sheik. although counterpicking ICs/foxes i normally go ganon on rainbow cruise...falcon also does wonders against ICs, although i normally stick with marth vs. both of those characters because if you're not a falcon main, you're probably not going to get away from getting gimped by ICs/foxes very easily :\

araknophobik

Smash Master
peach
i got tired of loseing to scrubs that were too dumb to fall for mindgames
so i picked up peach for them and spammed dsmash
for smarter/more technical players i use shiek for da mindgamez =]

soap

Smash Hero
i got tired of loseing to scrubs that were too dumb to fall for mindgames
so i picked up peach for them and spammed dsmash
for smarter/more technical players i use shiek for da mindgamez =]
Rofl, your mindgames are too deep obviously.

i think im gonna try samus on fox on janky levels like mute in the midst of a long set

araknophobik

Smash Master
they were
gimpyfish almost lost a set to a rolling/dsmashing peach and i told him that the player was too dumb to fall for mindgames
gimpy proceeded to switch to ganon and spam bairs and won the set lol

soap

Smash Hero
i never had that problem with scrubby players. prolly cuz i just try and hit stuff and scrubs r easy to hit. only when good players wont let me hit them i start to think of ways to hit them.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Fox because until Fox's 672 homo counterpick stages are banned (which will likely never happen) I'm going to have to be able to play him really good or lose horribly because of stage selection, which is pretty gay, but oh well Fox is a dumb character.

soap

Smash Hero
Fox because until Fox's 672 homo counterpick stages are banned (which will likely never happen) I'm going to have to be able to play him really good or lose horribly because of stage selection, which is pretty gay, but oh well Fox is a dumb character.
ya, im torn between fox+falco for the gay stages, fox is prolly better im thinking, u cant tech off the roof... well sometimes..

Zodiac

Smash Master
Link, I really main both of them since I exclusively played them before I got into melee competitively, My Link has a counter strategy for pretty much every character, so does my sheik, it just depends on which one gets ***** and why.

O2Ash

Smash Cadet
I'm using Sheik 70% and 30% puff. It depends on the matchup really. Against Fox/Falco/Bowser/DK, it's easy to rest them. However, Shiek owns most of them ._.

soap

Smash Hero
everyone plays falcon, but do u use him in tourney?
i pulled out my cap for the first time last weekend in tourney, someone took me to Mushroom Kingdom II and i had to pull out the instant walljump mindgames XD

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
hahaha nice. i use him in tourneys mainly in pools but never in brackets...im not good enough to pull it off. also mushroom kingdom is not a legal stage for us to play but if it were i would so have to do the same thing ;)

rhan

Smash Hero
I don't main Sheik. But she's my tertiary. My main is Young Link while my secondary is Samus. The reason I play Sheik is just to counter my 2 character's weaknesses agianst Marth. But other then that I play Samus and Young Link because it's more fun to play as them. Samus especially. SWD's in F-Smashes are too good.

Top Bottom