• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Mains, who do you secondary (actually use in tourney) + why?

soap

Smash Hero
SOOO ive renounced my fox as garbage.. but the falco and marth are decent, who should i pursue/invest time in as my secondary? marth is slighty better cuz it feels more natural spacing aerials and being patient

but im thinkin falco cuz he does good on floats/cruise.... and my marth plays too much like my sheik, falco is crazysauce

or maybe just work more on the fox rofl... im so confused.

who u guys use for low tiers? jus curious...

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I play Fox and Peach in tournaments behind Sheik.

Although I have been known to whip out a Pikachu, Marth, Ganon, Falco, Captain Falcon, Puff occasionally

araknophobik

Smash Master
SOOO ive renounced my fox as garbage.. but the falco and marth are decent, who should i pursue/invest time in as my secondary? marth is slighty better cuz it feels more natural spacing aerials and being patient

but im thinkin falco cuz he does good on floats/cruise.... and my marth plays too much like my sheik, falco is crazysauce

or maybe just work more on the fox rofl... im so confused.
im in the same boat as you
my marth is actually quiet nice
but space animals are overpowered
my falco is alright i've pulled him out in tournies
but fox, although being garbage, can get away with so many things its ********
just land l cancels and spam nairs and shines lol

soap

Smash Hero
my fox is solid + pretty techy but i feel like invincible with him so i run into alotta ******** stuff

falco is completely different, i feel vulnerable so i use a ton of laser cover and smart approaches.

how do u play fox, lasers? raynex come give fox tips to sheik mains

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
my fox is solid + pretty techy but i feel like invincible with him so i run into alotta ******** stuff

falco is completely different, i feel vulnerable so i use a ton of laser cover and smart approaches.

how do u play fox, lasers? raynex come give fox tips to sheik mains
Spam bair and lcancel to shine because its dumb and safe. Don't use light-hit nairs vs. people who CC, SH and do really late nairs so you get the full hit with more hit-stun. You won't get CC->move/grabbed as easily. Spam ledge-frames to shine/bair and edge-guarding in every match-up becomes easier than Sheik vs. Kirby. :(

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Trying to give you an accurate representation of how gay and homosexual bair/shine with invincibility really is.

Other examples include:

Sheik vs. Bowser

Sheik vs. Falcon

Sheik vs. Yoshi

Sheik vs. Lvl 1 Fox

soap

Smash Hero
Spam bair and lcancel to shine because its dumb and safe. Don't use light-hit nairs vs. people who CC, SH and do really late nairs so you get the full hit with more hit-stun. You won't get CC->move/grabbed as easily. Spam ledge-frames to shine/bair and edge-guarding in every match-up becomes easier than Sheik vs. Kirby. :(
that late nair thing will help me out, but couldnt i just rising drill, it comes out earlier than late nair and cant be CC'd anywayz? is nair that much better than drill?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Drill is better imo. There isn't a chance of it getting gayed via CC or something stupid. Cactus was the one who told me that late, direct-hit nairs can't be CCed because of the hitstun, and how it has overall more range/damage so if it hits it might be better. I mean if it comes to the point where your opponent doesn't CC the nair, then both the nair and dair become virtually the same thing in the sense that they both lead into shine. Its a matter of preference I suppose.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
LOL

Bair shine is soooooooooooo dumb :laugh:

I soo agree with most of Raynex's points.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
yayuhz.

Back to secondaries talk:

I think because Sheik herself is a mid-weight, fastfallers are natural secondaries for you guys in the sense that they tie up all the lose ends when it comes to match-ups. Mind you, Sheik doesn't have many match-ups that are horrible for her, but its still good to have a Fox/Falco to do stuff. Falcon becomes a ****load easier if you don't know how to do it with Sheik. Falco/Fox too, because now you can do the ditto.

But god Sheik is such a good character. You don't even need a secondary. Her worst match-ups are like:

Falco
Fox
Sheik Ditto

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
you said drill was better than nair? was that a typo? if not, i don't think so; you can SDI drills and get out of em

soap

Smash Hero
if u drill quickly and fastfall its hard to get out of shine range

drillshine infinite is garbage though, why does lunin ALWAYS go for it in his vids, it never works.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
if u drill quickly and fastfall its hard to get out of shine range

drillshine infinite is garbage though, why does lunin ALWAYS go for it in his vids, it never works.
Agreed.

P: I'd rather make the Sheik SDI the drill then just hold down and destroy nair all together. At higher percents it would knock her down instead so it wouldn't be completely useless. In general though I think moves that can't be cced are better. Just because until kill percentages they are alot more useful.

soap

Smash Hero
i like falling uairs... can u actually waveshine falling uair, does that actually register as a combo?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
vs. a few characters, but you have to be frame perfect. Vs. Sheik if she d.i.s there is no way at all. Even with no d.i. I think its impossible.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
when i'm sheik at low percents i like to SDI and cc a dsmash if i'm drilled

i actually don't CC nair very often because i've been trained not to -- v good foxes like lucky, there's just no point. nair is a wall that you can't run into in the first place, so i just try to get out of the way

i dunno, i don't like to get into bad habits that will get me ***** v people good enough to exploit them. kinda like jman v scar (sorry i just watched the set lmao)

Bil

Smash Ace
RaynEX I hear you're the coolest Canadian cat around, from Sago atleast. Fox Illusion stalling is the best thing ever, useless sorta but apparently hard to do =/ even though I can do it consistently enough to where I'd do it in a tourney.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Bil: I have to claw to illusion stall. It isn't worth the trouble. Frame-perfect firefox stalls give you near limitless invincibility. Its about as foolproof as Sheik's shino stall. You can also do shine+upb stalls, but the 3 frames of lag the shine gives makes it "less perfect". Basically, illusion is for teh lulz, upb is better. Less chance of you suiciding, and it can also hit your opponent and do cool stuffz.

P: There isn't a downside to CCing, unless you don't do an attack or something. There isn't anything wrong with taking the hit. But I mean, everything in moderation right? You have to choose your battles, not run headfirst into nairs spamming down on the c-stick. If you train your opponent to expect CCs you can then out-prioritize his other approaches. Say he used to spam only nair, but now he wants to spam dair to beat your CC. Now your ftilt works alot better, because more than half the time it cuts right through dair. There isn't anything wrong with blocking too. I mean, you can nair out of shield and that can be the end of it. Keeping your game varied and your offensive tactics diverse is really useful. Especially against a character that ***** on offense and can spam moves all over you.

Also, nair isn't a wall, thats why I spent the time to talk about why CC beats it often. CCing isn't a bad habit, but like I said - choose your battles.

FlipX

Smash Ace
Dude, you obviously gotta run fox as your secondary, he cleans up all of your bad matches. I also use him when i'm playing slower paced players because they seem to not be able to handle teh speed.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I think Marth as a secondary is really good too. It cleans up all the match-ups that can be sometimes awkward for Sheik.

Ganon, Falco, Peach, Jiggs sometimes, Falcon sometimes.

soap

Smash Hero
Dude, you obviously gotta run fox as your secondary, he cleans up all of your bad matches. I also use him when i'm playing slower paced players because they seem to not be able to handle teh speed.
i feel like fox and sheik do about the same against everybody, fox does better against fox and i think sheik has a better samus matchup than fox, and thats about it.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
sheik ***** marth, fox doesn't

fox ***** falcon more than sheik does

and peach
and i'm gonna stop there

and jigglypuff

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think Marth as a secondary is really good too. It cleans up all the match-ups that can be sometimes awkward for Sheik.

Ganon isn't awkward you just have to hit him a lot and duck intelligently. And kill him every time you grab him.

And neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedlesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

nicaboy

Smash Champion

your both right ya know
fox ***** everyone falco included:laugh: (well not really but i swear i always see falco's lose too fox)

i say marth is better since he handles space animals better than sheik which really all sheik struggles in ic's never really show up and besides that i never thought of ic's hard too fight

sKatZ

Smash Apprentice
old school chudat, and i thought so too for a while cuz they completely counter drephen style

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I picked up sheik because Peach vs Marth is not worth the effort.

I'm still kind of bad at dittos, and I loathe Falco. I'm getting a lot better vs Fox, fairly good vs Falcon, but I'm still awful at fighting jigglypuff. What the hell do you do?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
camp bair

needle intelligently

don't grab

everything else is optional and depends on how good your spacing is and how scary the puff is

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
pretty much.

puff isn't really a character she's more comparable to a test of patience :laugh:

and to a lesser degree, i suppose, spacing.

Top Bottom