• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown V - August 29-31! Congrats to all winners! Comments and Shoutouts please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 +

Smash Cadet
it's a shadowloo event, so their CRTs will be there.
closer to the tournament date we'll be asking anyone who can to bring a TV on the friday. we're aiming to run round robin pools after all.
Any confirmation on whether or not pools will be round robin? I'm much more likely to attend if I know I'll get a few more games in being a scrub.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yep. confirmed round robin pools.
but if you're coming, be sure to register before registration is closed on friday!

Last edited:

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Money matching culture is kinda garbage/toxic from what I've experienced/seen in the States, proliferation of it here over things of real community growing (i.e. crew battles) is a shame.
Yeah I can understand that, I'll save it for the SF4 and Marvel finals or somthing :D

That being said would you be up for a money charity match in P:M? (May or May not be so I can steal your D3 tech :D )

Gords

Smash Champion
i would like NSW to be represented also, but when 4 of their top players (RJ, Ted, ZXV and Zero) are not attending...
the NSW PM crew
NSW Crew - S.D, Shaya, Cal, Tinman (ACT might as well count), Gords
i am not sure who else is going from NSW, but if star or Zero are there they are good as well, maybe instead of me for the +1

maybe sub out S.D (since he will be in melee crews no doubt) for both zero and me

Last edited:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i'd love to watch star's sonic in pm crews!
perhaps the biggest problem here is that last time I checked, the only player mentioned above who had registered was sd!
get it on it nsw! =p

Last edited:

Gords

Smash Champion
Unfortunately SS is at a bad time for NSW universities.
Also I should be registered by now. When was the last time you checked?

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
@ Dekar289 Dekar289 I agree that too many crew battles is a waste of time, I'm definitely against B-Team etc.
I'd like to point out I only suggested 2 Melee crew battles and a potential 3 for P:M

Not sure about Vic vs QLD though. Are we not going to do VIC vs. OoS? It'd be closer imo
And I think there's more hype around VIC vs. Perth than NSW for Project M in terms of the call-outs.
Plus VIC P:M is about as strong as NSW at this event since their best P:M players aren't coming down.
Having been in OOS teams in the past there's really no care factor in winning, after all what are you representing aside from 'other'? The original intent of a crew battle was to prove the overall strength of your REGION, which you take pride in. Not just playing for 'greater Australia' so Vic can say they're awesome if they win, or if they lose oh well it was like 3 states vs us lolol. For that reason I'd prefer to see straight state rep, regardless of results.

B-Team crew battle would be hype
Melbourne vs OoS could be dread+1ampercent+Hughie+SurPr15e+Meredyse vs 5 OoS not including me cus thats just selfish EDIT: Also my mum registered with her name on the thing (I used my gamer tag tho) those that effect anything, should I contact shadowlogic about it or what
Both Basty's parents confirmed for SSV

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Unfortunately SS is at a bad time for NSW universities.
Also I should be registered by now. When was the last time you checked?
our rego info is updated by shadowloo intermittently

totes agree with sd here, also splice u so cocky. higher placing players =/= ez crews win, ever.
da prehHA

Last edited:

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Basty - $5 MM at SS?
Doesn't look like he'd want to because...
Me and Redact are the complete opposite
He wants money matches and I don't
C'mon mate I thought you was cool like what happened here?
@SurPr15e you seem like a nice guy and all. but...

I PUBLICLY CHALLENGE YOU TO A $10 DOLLAR MONEY MATCH IN EVERY GAME BO5 MID TIERS ONLY FINAL DESTINATION. GONNA GET BOPPED M8.
And...
Cronos_Rainbow said:
3. Are there any very good players who don't play in or place at tourneys?
Basty said:
Can only answer 3
Me
Checkmate Sorry mate but I can't allow that kind of cocky attitude / trash talk when you're not gonna even accept money matches from someone who joined smashboards this year. You must accept!

Since this is kinda a call out and whatnot I'm also gonna publicly CHALLENGE YOU TO A $10 DOLLAR MONEY MATCH IN P:M BO5 MID TIERS ONLY FINAL DESTINATION. GONNA GET BOPPED M8

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
@ 1ampercent 1ampercent depends, what do you count as mid tier? I am a rookie at PM so u get free money basically so no
Don't care who you use for P:M actually. Make it FD Bo5 $10.
If it makes you feel better I'll also MM $5 my Roy Vs your Marth (if he's your main) in Melee Bo5, but only if you accept the P:M challenge.

Basty

Smash Ace
nah thanks I suck at PM so yeah
tbh I dont know if I suck at PM cus I have hardly watched any australians play pm
except splice and s.d they 2 gud 4 me

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
nah thanks I suck at PM so yeah
tbh I dont know if I suck at PM cus I have hardly watched any australians play pm
except splice and s.d they 2 gud 4 me
I got wrecked badly at the recent local tourney, I lost 2 sets in a row in P:M. Splice and S.D also too good for me and you basically get a free win in Melee since Roy is so trash. What if I make it $10 in that MM so you break even? C'mon you so cocky before now you turned a 180 I'm so disappointed, at least SurPr15e is man enough to MM how about you my friend?

Basty

Smash Ace
I got wrecked badly at the recent local tourney, I lost 2 sets in a row in P:M. Splice and S.D also too good for me and you basically get a free win in Melee since Roy is so trash. What if I make it $10 in that MM so you break even? C'mon you so cocky before now you turned a 180 I'm so disappointed, at least SurPr15e is man enough to MM how about you my friend?
K sure

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
I haven't even ever placed at a real tournament how can anyone be ready for the esports i will unleash on them
Then unleash it all on me buddy ;)
$5 MM my Roy vs your Ness (Melee)
$5 P:M anything vs anything. Ima get bopped but don't care.

Basty, I'll even get my sister to $1 MM one of your parents. Ultimate scrub level hype MM!

Btw I ain't trashtalking at all ily all don't hurt me pls especially mods like u Shaya MMs r evil amirite ahahaha.

I should really calm down.

Basty

Smash Ace
lol my dad (the only parent coming y do people think my mum is coming wat) is getting a spectator pass so no matches for him also dekar make shadowlogic make a poster of me pls
hype

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
Sorry Shaya
Can I ask does Dekar run Shadowloo and Attila runs BAM or is it just Dekar running both?
I get confused cause wobbling wasn't banned at BAM 6 (as I know of you may as well correct me)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Shadowloo is run by me, dekar and attila all together. S.D, dread and joey assisting with large parts too

Splice

Smash Hero
our rego info is updated by shadowloo intermittently

totes agree with sd here, also splice u so cocky. higher placing players =/= ez crews win, ever.
da prehHA

Pressure? When I'm wearing these?

Ain't enough shines in the world to pierce my aphotic visage.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
Is dis ur first warning Chappos? If so welcome to the club :denzel:
What other awards will be given out at shadowloo? Any awards we can vote for other then the Harry Ponting Award?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom