• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown V - August 29-31! Congrats to all winners! Comments and Shoutouts please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete278

Smash Lord
If the crew battle is NSW vs Perth I'll have to resume my old school status as a treacherous 'doesn't cheer for Perth' backstabber, please don't put that pressure on me

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Here are the community awards that are being presented at shadowloo.

Most improved veteran - Melee:
The most improved old school player for Melee.

Most improved newcomer - Melee:
The most improved player who is new to the Melee scene.

Most improved - Project M:
The most improved Project M player since Project M became tournament standard.

M2K Award - Brawl:
The player who the best record of time outs in Brawl.

Chibo Award - Brawl:
The player who has selflessly given the most time and effort to ensure progression of the Brawl scene.

The Father of Brawl:
The player who has shown the strongest dominance of Brawl over its course.

Community Contribution Award:
The player who has given the most to the Melbourne smash scene throughout this year.

Harry Ponting Award:
The best online contributor as a memorial award of the late Harry Ponting.

The winners are still not chosed and are being decided upon by a panel of players suited to judge each award (the exception being the Ponting award of course). Feel free to post here about your suggestions or guesses. I'd like to see if someone could guess the winners of all 8 awards.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Most improved Melee veteran: Attila seems to have been entering Melee for years and used to be pretty bad but doesn't suck quite as much now. Otherwise Splice.

Most improved Melee newcomer: wouldn't have a clue lol. Sebby maybe but he won at BAM so would like to look for someone different.

Most improved Project M: Nido

M2K award: Jei Attila Apollo and Earl stand as the players that have timed me out in tournament so one of them.

Chibo award: Attila or Jei

Brawl father: Attila lol

Community contribution: Attila...or Dekar / Redact

Ponting: SurPr15e

Probably completely wrong though lol

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Splice as most improved. Although Attila has reached a new level recently.

Miles or Sebby for sure.

Yep Nido for PM

This is all vic biased honestly I don't know much about the other states.

m2k award....?? I don't know Ted I guess but that was ages ago. In vic probably me or earl

chibo: dean/attila, I did a lot of work to maintain the brawl scene years back but haven't put much effort in lately, the TOs should get the credit.

Brawl father is Attila. But I am the smash daddy. Pls don't take that away from me.

Dekar/Phil/Attila for vic community champs

ponting: I dunno don't care really

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
Most improved Melee veteran: Attila seems to have been entering Melee for years and used to be pretty bad but doesn't suck quite as much now. Otherwise Splice.

Most improved Melee newcomer: wouldn't have a clue lol. Sebby maybe

Probably completely wrong though lol
No offense to Attila but he doesn't put in the big effort that makes him an ideal candidate. Brawl is his game.
Cup and moxie are making waves recently they could be candidates for newer melee players

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
No offense to Attila but he doesn't put in the big effort that makes him an ideal candidate. Brawl is his game.
Cup and moxie are making waves recently they could be candidates for newer melee players
fair enough point, I nominated Attila for like half those awards so I'm sure he can stand to miss this one lol. you'd know the scene better than I do.

Basty

Smash Ace
My guesses are
Most Improved Veteran Melee-Attila or Splice
Most Improved Newcomer Melee- Dread maybe?
Most Improved PM-Nido
M2K Award- IDK
Chibo Award-Atilla ez
Brawl Father-Attila ez
Community Contribution- Attila ez
Ponting Award- As much as I want to say it, SurPr15e

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Just out of curiosity, why are people saying Nido?

He placed better in the first PM tournaments than he has more recently.

To me myself at least, thats not improving.

Not saying he isn't being looked at ;) just feels like hasty thoughts that people have gone "Nido isn't a melee vet, he must be most improved!"

The improvement is about actually getting better.

Do you guys remember how dekar was like 9th or something at BAM in pm?

Pretty sure he has been placing 1st or second in PM now... The kid has improved to get his moneys.

Just food for thought 8)

Last edited:

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Miles is trash omg cant even beat me needs NTSC fox to win

dekars gotten rll gud with mr saturn tho

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
I was thinking Dekar
maybe if he picks up a new character like roy or something then he could be the best
get to it dekar

S.D

Smash Master
Ain't all bout placings homies, I've seen a lot of improvement from people whose placings have not yet changed too much.
And be real Phil the only adjustment Dekar has made to his PM game is actually looking at the screen while he gimps ppl.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Ain't all bout placings homies, I've seen a lot of improvement from people whose placings have not yet changed too much.
And be real Phil the only adjustment Dekar has made to his PM game is actually looking at the screen while he gimps ppl.
And this my friends, is why S.D is on the panel.

He knows how to spot real improvements unlike dekars fake ones.

Dekar probably still couldn't tell you how to play any non melee match up.

Someone really needs to ivysaur or lucario him...

Last edited:

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
my justification for Nido would probably be the guy went from being a bit of a Smash nobody (had been attending tournaments for a couple of years, fairly unremarkable Brawl placings...eh) to suddenly placing top four in large events filled with 5+ year Smash veterans (not in Project:M obviously, but still)

if I were to vote for who'd improved since their first tournament I'd probably vote for my boy Hughie

S.D

Smash Master
And this my friends, is why S.D is on the panel.

He knows how to spot real improvements unlike dekars fake ones.

Dekar probably still couldn't tell you how to play any non melee match up.

Someone really needs to ivysaur or lucario him...
Should have seen him flailing vs Pit (although he did have like 9th degree burns to his finger lol)

Meredy

The Busterina
The most improved player who is new to the Melee scene.

Harry Ponting Award:
The best online contributor as a memorial award of the late Harry Ponting.
I'll take these.

Noxus

Smash Cadet
I only know Vic, but i would say:

Most improved veteran - Melee:
Splice, although you have always had good tournament results, you have cemented yourself as a top Vic player (between 4-6). Now stop running into me in bracket plz.

Seb or JKTS

Most improved - Project M:
I like what redact said, Dekar has shown a big improvement, I don't know PM players well enough otherwise besides dreadtech

M2K Award - Brawl:
No idea. Splice?

Chibo Award - Brawl:
Attila

The Father of Brawl:
Attila

Community Contribution Award:
Dreadtech or the other veterans (Redeact, Dekar, Attila)

Harry Ponting Award:
Surpri5e

Last edited:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i got lots of pit xp at acl, watch out sd

worth noting that the reason brawl has 3 awards (in contrast to melee's 2 and pm's 1) is that this is likely to be the last major australian brawl tournament, at least for some time (with the upcoming release of smash 4)
these brawl awards are about recognizing players of the game's rich competitive history since release (who could forget such classic australian smash moments as corpse coming from nowhere and winning rocky, or earl and scoot in the final stock of the VIC/NSW brawl crew battle)

i like the timeout award too coz y'know... brawl timeouts
good choices attila

back on the improvement awards... DD is placing better than ever in PM and i like codie's JKTS suggestion
perhaps some of these awards will be influenced by the performances at shadowloo
most vics improving nicely... for instance i reckon nowadays syke is an easy win for redact, and perhaps splice also #trashtalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom