• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown V - August 29-31! Congrats to all winners! Comments and Shoutouts please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
well it's looking like the biggest smash tournament in australian history, there are even new zealand smashers attending.
as for getting matches recorded, it's all luck of the draw unless you make it far into the tournament.
Murphy's law screwed me over with this one.

You shoukd go Nikes, and do your best! I'll just sit here and watch the videos. :p

Dekar289

Smash Hero
if i'm not losing a tight brawl set to luco, i guess it can't be that good

kelots

Smash Cadet
Yo guys, most of us from NZ are arriving for shadowloo on Thursday morning.

Since things don't kick off until Friday evening, do you know if there is anything planned (smash or otherwise) we could get in on? :D

We're staying at the hotel SSV is at :)

Splice

Smash Hero
Melee Crews lookin' like
VIC vs. Out Of State
[VIC] Dekar Redact Cao Skeletom Splice Atticus Toshi
[OoS] S.D, Syke, Spup, Grim/Julian/Unreon/Dz?

I think the TO's want it to be 5 man crews, so either way there is easily enough high level competitors on both sides to make it damn close.

Then Aus vs. NZ
Should get 1 Melee rep from every state (preferably C.Falcon) for emphasis - [Skeletom, Julian, Grim, Spup, Melee-Player-From-Perth, Basty as deadweight from TAS?]

Project M crews?! Should be a round robin between these 3 crews
Perth Crew - idk who but they have 5 players at least that are quality [Chappos, Trav, Corpse, others]
VIC Crew - Dekar, Redact, Jamwa, Haikal, Forte, Matt-G, I'll play if I'm wanted also
NSW Crew - S.D, Shaya, Cal, Tinman (ACT might as well count), +1

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
Melee Crews lookin' like
VIC vs. Out Of State
[VIC] Dekar Redact Cao Skeletom Splice Atticus Toshi
[OoS] S.D, Syke, Spup, Grim/Julian/Unreon/Dz?

I think the TO's want it to be 5 man crews, so either way there is easily enough high level competitors on both sides to make it damn close.

Then Aus vs. NZ
Should get 1 Melee rep from every state (preferably C.Falcon) for emphasis - [Skeletom, Julian, Grim, Spup, Melee-Player-From-Perth, Basty as deadweight from TAS?]

Project M crews?! Should be a round robin between these 3 crews
Perth Crew - idk who but they have 5 players at least that are quality [Chappos, Trav, Corpse, others]
VIC Crew - Dekar, Redact, Jamwa, Haikal, Forte, Matt-G, I'll play if I'm wanted also
NSW Crew - S.D, Shaya, Cal, Tinman (ACT might as well count), +1
Im up for it (also i play falcon so it kinda works?)

Splice

Smash Hero
Shouldn't Vic PM crew have Nido?
probably, he hasn't been to anything in a while though.
we've gotta put PCG in against Chappos in crews now anyway for maximum exposure and potential salt

Last edited:

Chappos

Smash Apprentice
Then Aus vs. NZ
Will probably confirm on the day, but it looks like our player for Melee would be Karu in this case.

I don't think chappos is quality bro. He's gonna get exposed like a nudist
Dude who are you?

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Let's make a B team for crew battles for underdog hype?
Maybe I'm just finding an excuse to join in on the crew battles...

Nvm I'll see myself out

Basty

Smash Ace
B-Team crew battle would be hype
Melbourne vs OoS could be dread+1ampercent+Hughie+SurPr15e+Meredyse vs 5 OoS not including me cus thats just selfish EDIT: Also my mum registered with her name on the thing (I used my gamer tag tho) those that effect anything, should I contact shadowlogic about it or what

Last edited:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
no worries basty, we only use players' tags anyway

Last edited:

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Do we have any legit hype money matches? my 20 dollar side bets on 5 dollar MMs is kinda lame :D
(Still willing to back $20 on PCG in melee tho perth scum)

Splice

Smash Hero
Please lets focus on making crews happen as a priority over MM's though
I'm dissapointed at the organisation and outcome of the last couple of major tournaments regarding crew battles.
With the attendance of Shadowloo I'd like to not **** it up this time.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Money matching culture is kinda garbage/toxic from what I've experienced/seen in the States, proliferation of it here over things of real community growing (i.e. crew battles) is a shame.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
the last couple of 'major' tournaments have lacked serious interstate representation, not warranting regional crews
obviously, for the first time in years, most states will be much better represented at shadowloo showdown

but this also presents the following issues
- too many crew battles and the hype wears thin. for the same reason, multiple crew battles happening at the same time is a poor idea.
- having PM and melee crew battles between all states (and NZ) means a) too many crew battles and b) the same top players playing over and over. ideally a player would only play in 1 crew battle for the evening of exhibitions.
- many of these crew battles would also most likely be plain stomps, which also isn't great however...
- using crews of weaker players to represent regions, or banding together multiple regions to go against 1 stronger region defeats the purpose of crew battles in the first place; that is for each region to showcase it's top players against another region

with this in mind, and the co-operation of Tournament Organisers from other states, we're looking at the following:
- VIC vs QLD (melee)
- Aus vs NZ (melee)

additionally, a Perth Project M crew battle is being looked into, perhaps against NSW.

please consider the above points in regards to suggestions for shadowloo showdown friday night crews!
now back to proving kay faraday's innocence

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
Do we have any legit hype money matches? my 20 dollar side bets on 5 dollar MMs is kinda lame :D
(Still willing to back $20 on PCG in melee tho perth scum)
I'm happy to go up to $10 and $10. I think chappos is pretty stretched though with the $100 he's donating to Redact already

Chappos

Smash Apprentice
I'm happy to go up to $10 and $10. I think chappos is pretty stretched though with the $100 he's donating to Redact already
I'm down for $10 on each game.

additionally, a Perth Project M crew battle is being looked into, perhaps against NSW.
Whichever state thinks they've got the best chance ;)

I think while less crew battles sucks for those who would be playing them, it adds to the hype of the crews that do actually happen. Less is more.

Splice

Smash Hero
@ Dekar289 Dekar289 I agree that too many crew battles is a waste of time, I'm definitely against B-Team etc.
I'd like to point out I only suggested 2 Melee crew battles and a potential 3 for P:M

Not sure about Vic vs QLD though. Are we not going to do VIC vs. OoS? It'd be closer imo
And I think there's more hype around VIC vs. Perth than NSW for Project M in terms of the call-outs.
Plus VIC P:M is about as strong as NSW at this event since their best P:M players aren't coming down.

Gords

Smash Champion
I would rather perth vs NSW for PM so NSW can get some representation
we already have VIC vs Qld in Melee
and NZ is represented in the Melee as well

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i would like NSW to be represented also, but when 4 of their top players (RJ, Ted, ZXV and Zero) are not attending...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom