• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown V - August 29-31! Congrats to all winners! Comments and Shoutouts please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelots

Smash Cadet
how do you ban it? No tilts in grab combos? No kills off grab combos? percentage limit? # of tilts? Any grab combo the other dude doesn't like?

How do I avoid anyone saying "he wobbled me" to negate a win?

kinda frustrated as I checked this before I booked flights. I'm by no means an expert or consistent but icies are my main and it's a technique I use.

I'll play to the rules what ever they are but would need to be clear on what is what isn't considered wobble so I don't dq myself with any other grab combo

Splice

Smash Hero
It's pretty subjective, the rule is basically enforced "don't be a ********" clause

Grab combos and kills off grabs are not wobbling so you're free to do this. You would even be fine if you used a couple tilts in grab and went into something else. If you just do like 10 tilts in a row though and pretty much do a stock worth of % from tilts then issues could arise but people aren't gonna get mad salty about you doing a few tilts before using a throw and then going into something else.

People will probably let you wobble and with any luck it will be allowed in the final ruleset anyway, not sure whose idea it was to ban it for this event. Worst case scenario, high stakes money match whoever you lost to in a runback with wobbling legal to get your flight money back.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Looking at reversing the wobbling ban currently anyway so calm down. EVO and MLG had it legal so why shouldn't we?

Splice

Smash Hero
Looking at reversing the wobbling ban currently anyway so calm down. EVO and MLG had it legal so why shouldn't we?
Precisely. Gotta start holding ourselves to American standards and stream production values, we e-sports tooo guyss

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Dekars against it, I'm on the fence, and S.D is for it so currently no change happening with wobbling I'd say.

If anyone does want to use wobbling or close to, theres a pretty clear difference between doing a dair/blizzard regrab combo in comparison to wobbling. Doing any sort of cg/combo with ic's aint gonna get you dqed, only trying to 0-death someone with tilts and pummels will.

Ontop of that there is gentlemens agreements where Kelots or other players can ask their opponent if theyre allowed to wobble before a set.

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
I think I am unbanned from here (was I banned in the first place?) if not this post is useless
Can I ask why brawl singles isn't in the op? is it because you forgot it or no brawl? Also can you come to the venue before 6pm on friday?
heres to hoping i aint banned and this post wasnt for nothing

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I think I am unbanned from here (was I banned in the first place?) if not this post is useless
Can I ask why brawl singles isn't in the op? is it because you forgot it or no brawl? Also can you come to the venue before 6pm on friday?
heres to hoping i aint banned and this post wasnt for nothing
You can't come before 6pm on the friday as we don't have the venue before then, this may change for people helping with setup. Also brawl singles is in the op? not sure what bit you're missing.

Basty

Smash Ace
You can't come before 6pm on the friday as we don't have the venue before then, this may change for people helping with setup. Also brawl singles is in the op? not sure what bit you're missing.
For the schedule that is it doesnt say brawl pools. Can I assume it is the same time then?

S.D

Smash Master
I've never rly understand why Dave is so anti-wobbling but tbh it's a moot point in the Aus metagame. IDK about NZ though. It's generally accepted as legal worldwide these days. Kelots it doesn't quite sound as though you know exactly what wobbling is so I'm not sure if you actually use it??

Splice

Smash Hero
So does it run straight into bracket? Is it usually because of the low entrants?
Low entrants and time yeah

Timic has been playing IC's again lately. poor guy shut down at the finish line

Leeyam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
leeyamnz
I've never rly understand why Dave is so anti-wobbling but tbh it's a moot point in the Aus metagame. IDK about NZ though. It's generally accepted as legal worldwide these days. Kelots it doesn't quite sound as though you know exactly what wobbling is so I'm not sure if you actually use it??
Wobbling is legal in all NZ tournaments.

And kelots can definitely use it.. *reflects grimly on the past*

Last edited:

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
I'd be okay with wobbling if I got to play a wobbler in a friendly beforehand so I could figure out how to counter it before getting bodied.

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
My only problem with banning wobbling is that why not ban mario chain grabs against MK in Project m, its a chain grab to 80% then you can 100% kill after that, It just keeps escalating and creating a line between whats right and wrong . Its a no johns kind of game and when I get grabbed by IC I better hope that I split up nana and popo.

Last edited:

Leeyam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
leeyamnz
My only problem with banning wobbling is that why not ban mario chain grabs against MK in Project m, its a chain grab to 80% then you can 100% kill after that. Its a no johns kind of game and when I get grabbed by IC I better hope that I split up nana and popo.

My only problem with banning wobbling is the start of all the following posts and discussion saying "well then why don't we ban this too?"

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
What's wrong with MK?
Nothing its a parody on early brawl rulesets which banned mk

Also a ledge stalling limit needs to be added to the PM ruleset, we dont want chudat stalling happening.

Hughie

Smash Lad

Also a ledge stalling limit needs to be added to the PM ruleset, we dont want chudat stalling happening.
I've never seen anyone apart from chu do that. Not needed tbh

Splice

Smash Hero
There are some alleyways and parking lots around the venue that you can use to dispose of edge-stall abusers.
This is much more effective than a ledge-grab limit

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP

No it didn't. MK was more widely banned later than this video, it spurred things in a certain direction culturally. Neo later changed his stance, he "preferred" playing against MKs than dealing with an Olimar/ICs/Diddy super-tramp-camp meta after bans started happening.

I personally believe he was right about that, but a smaller stage subset and a metagame specifically focused on "camping" to deal with MK's prevalence ailed it heavily in the down time in a way that wasn't given enough time to adjust.
I'd rather ban ICs than MK in singles. MK banned in doubles completely is honestly the best smash meta out of every game released thus far.

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
There are some alleyways and parking lots around the venue that you can use to dispose of edge-stall abusers.
This is much more effective than a ledge-grab limit
anyone under 18 and females get a free pass from this because it is also known as CHILD ABUSE and DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
But seriously ledge grab limits can be stupid because if you grab the ledge to much before dying and you have done the ledge limit you are either going to have to make the stage first go (not good for ZZS who has to use a tether) or die

S.D

Smash Master
I really can't see any justfication for IC wobbling being banned. Truth is they're an average character eve with it in the arsenal. If wobbling is banned i can't see why marth chain grabs on spacies should be legal either.

kelots

Smash Cadet
I do know what it is, reason i was querying exactly what is/isnt banned is that I've read on the icies forums (and observed from commentary) that non-icies often don't know exactly what is considered wobbling and what is not. Tomber sums it up pretty well about halfway down this post http://smashboards.com/threads/behind-wobbling-all-the-stuff-you-dont-see.340028/

i def know other icies grab combos, but being relatively new to them (they're the main i picked a few months ago when i started getting serious about competiting) my execution is pretty sub par and usually only used to lead into easier wobble set ups, so i guess i better hit the lab

S.D

Smash Master
I do know what it is, reason i was querying exactly what is/isnt banned is that I've read on the icies forums (and observed from commentary) that non-icies often don't know exactly what is considered wobbling and what is not. Tomber sums it up pretty well about halfway down this post http://smashboards.com/threads/behind-wobbling-all-the-stuff-you-dont-see.340028/

i def know other icies grab combos, but being relatively new to them (they're the main i picked a few months ago when i started getting serious about competiting) my execution is pretty sub par and usually only used to lead into easier wobble set ups, so i guess i better hit the lab
OK sorry dude didn't mean offence. Wobbling is really extending grab/tilt combo beyond the normal parameters of a grab length (but unless you can't do it well this will lead to death). I have no problem with it, even vs Chudat at evo I was wobbled just once in 2 matches. Far as I'm concerned it's one of few redeeming qualities for an otherwise average character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom