• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown V - August 29-31! Congrats to all winners! Comments and Shoutouts please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelots

Smash Cadet
none taken man - i realise i was blunt earlier in the thread and i apologise (going to go with lack of sleep johns.. ).

When i first read that the rule changed, i was gutted as its the core technique i've been practicing. I'm not sure if it did change or was just undefined... re-googling, its possible i read last years rules when i googled 'shadowloo melee ruleset' as nothing is up on the website. from memory last years rules were linked somewhere but it wasnt confirmed? i dunno

regarding NZ meta, i hardly sit at the top of the NZ scene and i'm still learning the ins and outs of the character. I'm expecting a thorough hiding in aussie, but i want to get knocked out due to my playing rather than over a DQ because the person i'm playing against thinks there were too many tilts used in a grab combo.

anyway, my questions are aimed at what defines 'normal parameters' and as splice mentioned above 'being a ****head' - when there are vauge defnitions like this it comes down to perception. as i said i'll play in the ruleset i just want to know the boundaries.

if i grabbed someone on 140% tilted a few times and downsmashed them and they died, that to me is wobbling (as it is the technique) but i don't think that anyone would go 'hey that dude wobbled - DQ him' but what about 120? 110? 100? wheres the line before i get the red card? i can kill on stages like FoD at much lower %s does it change per stage?

if i grab and use tilts/grabs into a blizzard to add 80%, then drop it, throw out a few random moves, regrab and continue is that illegal? if i mixed in "blizzobbling" (the blizzard infinitie which appears to not be banned) where would i end up?

atm i might just play a secondary so i can focus on having fun and not stressing about modifying tactics or if i'm going to get DQ'd/cause some drama that needs a TO ruling for playing on auto pilot etc :s

Dekar289

Smash Hero
the standard definition of wobbling in terms of eligibility for disqualification is extending the 'wobble' (as seen in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aceOP82iyFE) past 3 repetitions of both ice climbers using tilt and pummel to lock the character in.

i still feel you misunderstand what pure 'wobbling' is, especially in regards to the rule itself. the only thing banned here is that specific technique in the video above, the length of the wobble is irrelevent.

I understand and appreciate your enthusiasm to clarify this rule. if you are still unclear, feel free to contact me on the NZ/VIC fb group and we can perhaps skype or something??

ndowner

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-4856-6512
i'm keen to pay an extra $5 and enter melee doubles for fun, anyone not have a partner?

S.D

Smash Master
There's no true IC infinite apart from wobbling. You won't be called on it unless you jab/tilt lock beyond about 20% in a single grab. Anyway, if you want to learn some IC stuff I can show you some gear when you're here, I used to main them and know a lot about them.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
On the fence about going to this or not, what's the interstater count looking like so far? And how likely would it be to get some matches recorded?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
well it's looking like the biggest smash tournament in australian history, there are even new zealand smashers attending.
as for getting matches recorded, it's all luck of the draw unless you make it far into the tournament.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Since all Brawl matches are under 3 minutes, all replays can be saved, regardless of stream status.

Happy to upload anything I get handed.

Basty

Smash Ace
Its because my dad has work the next day and he cant miss out on it if he wants to have holidays during christmas

Dekar289

Smash Hero
new plan, money match everyone on saturday, then tell dad you made $20k and ask for 1 more night

Basty

Smash Ace
new plan, money match everyone on saturday, then tell dad you made $20k and ask for 1 more night
(but the thing is that wont happen because everyone would beat me and I wouldnt have the money)
I should stop posting like this cus i could get banned again lel

Splice

Smash Hero
Hopefully after Shadowloo so you can enjoy one more tournament.
since the Harry Ponting award prize is that you pass away and we ask Facebook to turn your page into a shrine.
Thus you're effectively not allowed to go to any more tournaments.

Where is the schedule I can't find it in the OP unless I missed the post, I'm having ****** problems trying to figure out where this info is coming from

Basty

Smash Ace
Hopefully after Shadowloo so you can enjoy one more tournament.
since the Harry Ponting award prize is that you pass away and we ask Facebook to turn your page into a shrine.
Thus you're effectively not allowed to go to any more tournaments.

Where is the schedule I can't find it in the OP unless I missed the post, I'm having ****** problems trying to figure out where this info is coming from
decided that surprise can take the award and run

Dekar289

Smash Hero

Schedule (tentative):

Friday: 6pm onwards - Exhibitions

Saturday: 11am-5pm - PM + Melee Pools
5pm onwards: Brawl/Melee/PM doubles

Sunday: 11am onwards - All singles brackets

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Looks like I will go to shadowloo in the end, so I have to buy a competitor pass and then brawl on top of that? Can I play friendlies/lurk for any 64 on saturday with the pass?

Meredy

The Busterina
How many setups do we have/will we need? I can bring mine if necessary.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
it's a shadowloo event, so their CRTs will be there.
closer to the tournament date we'll be asking anyone who can to bring a TV on the friday. we're aiming to run round robin pools after all.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
We will still need some tvs from the community for sure. SL has like 16 abouts tvs and we are aiming for 24. We will DEFINATELY need as many cubes/wiis as we can.

Meredy

The Busterina
I don't own a CRT of any kind, and even if I did I wouldn't bring it. Too awkward to carry it around for 2 hours, especially with one arm. I'll definitely bring my Wii with Melee though.

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
My Project M Stage Select Screen for SSV

Singles

Doubles

No annoying greyed out stages and giant BANNED banner in preview to deter casuals.

Splice

Smash Hero
The BANNED banner makes me feel like a cheeki madt dawg when I play the stage though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom