• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It was okay I guess.
Only two moments really made me react audibly at all, and I can't even remember what they were. Marvel was definitely the most hype thing though. That top 8 was godlike, and I never thought I'd ever want Wong to win anything.

SHUMA. Also, watching Chris G lose was easily the best part of my entire EVO. I love seeing him lose so damn much.

Xian's Gen though. And PR Balrog getting taken out by Infiltration's Hakan.

Injustice: Superman Among Us.

KoF: rofl

Persona: Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Killer Instinct preview was super boring too. The game looks awful so far.

Tekken Tag was pretty damn hype, and SFxT was hella boring to watch.

.....I totally forgot MK9 was even there.

:applejack:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yo, Evo was tight. Mango being sent to losers by Wobbles, then coming back to take the whole thing. Shroomed making top 8 was one of the best things that ever happened to me. So many great sets.

Wong blew my mind in Marvel. I did not anticipate anything like that. Honestly, all the hate ChrisG gets I think is kinda bull****, so I was bummed to see him get taken out the way he did, but seeing Wong just carry that momentum into the following sets was totally worth it.

Xian was cool as hell. His Gen is just unbelievable. I was so hype for Balrog. He put in work. Gotta give props to Infiltration though for the pocket Hakan... Dirty.

Injustice I think is boring as hell, I didn't get to watch much of KoF, I couldn't care less about MK9, didn't watch SFxT, Persona is kinda cool but I would've much preferred to see BlazBlue at Evo... Yume was on a whole 'nother level though and made Grand Finals look free as hell. Killer Instinct preview I didn't really tune in for but I'm like indifferent to it. Seems kinda neat. Almost like Street Fighter but with more bull****.

Marvel is the kind of game I love to watch but I hate to play it, but I've been playing some SF and I may invest more time into it. I played a lot of Brawl/Melee at school so I think I may try to break back in the scene once summer's over and I'm back in NY.

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Although I can't defend a lot of the hate, I can say that when I see Chris G win, and people celebrate it, it's like seeing people in Brawl cheer on an Olimar. That kinda mess just doesn't sit well with me.

I would never cheer for a Brawl Olimar. Ever. :applejack:

BSP

Smash Legend
Wong blew my mind in Marvel. I did not anticipate anything like that. Honestly, all the hate ChrisG gets I think is kinda bull****, so I was bummed to see him get taken out the way he did, but seeing Wong just carry that momentum into the following sets was totally worth it.

NEVER GIVE UP!

Wong in Marvel was amazing, no doubt. I'm glad I stayed up to watch it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Cross Tekken is actually a really fun game to watch now. better than Street Fighter imo. But after all the hype for the game to suck balls on release kinda made people decide to not give it a second chance when the patch dropped and made it really good. Very similar to what happened with skullgirls. Both are high quality games now, but most would never know it since the initial release was so bad.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Skipped Injustice cause lol that game but Evo was so sick. Best one in a while. So happy to see Xian win and Infiltrations match with PR Balrog made me hate him a little less. Using focuses to blow up his habit of crouch teching into pressure was a joy to watch. Marvel was freaking hype, KoF was not as good as last year but really damn good. All I have to say about Smash is Meleeeee <3.

Why don't any of you play Vergil?
For the times I'm actually willing to play Marvel I go Spidey/Doom/Vergil. I like Dr. Strange too but he's too much work.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I actually find games like SFxT and Skullgirls to be the most boring games to watch. S'probably why I don't give a damn for Persona 4 either. I hope those games never see the light of day. Skullgirls was already obnoxious enough leading up into EVO.

@Terios: DAMN I forgot about those focuses. I laughed at first, but then he kept nailing people with them. Over and over and over. I got pretty hype about it.

And good that you skipped Injustice. It drained the interest for EVO for me until Marvel came on. Superman almost every other match, and Chris G spamming arrows. I swear to god that man only exists to make me turn off streams of tournaments I otherwise enjoy.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
EVO was EPIC

Mango running through losers was EPIC

M2K beat himself. I wish he beat Armada.

At last we got 2 see the REAL MANGO back.

Flocker!!!!!! (I'm a Zero fan)

Injustice wasn't bad.

AE just BORES me tho.

It jus sucks that Brawl will never b there but Smash 4 can & will be there.

:sonic:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I busted out laughing when M2K suicided on accident in the middle of his Vanish ledge stalling. It was like Karma came knocking and crashed the party.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I dont see any reason to hate on any fighting game. If I dont like it or don't play it, whatever. But goin all 'this sucks' 'thats whack' 'I hope people never play it' about stuff doesn't benefit anyone.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That's the best part. It doesn't benefit the company that made such trash.
TRAAAAAAAAAASH. :applejack:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
It hurts everyone in the long run.

People who initially come into fighting games through a game like SFxT, might later on decide to try smash and find that thats the game he enjoys the most. But if you diss on the game that he starts with, he might not stick around long enough to try any other games. Because theres a LOT of cross pollenation between fighting games. So discouraging someone from playing or seeing one thing is discouraging them from seeing or playing everything.

Big Picture, man.

Also, cross Tekken and Skullgirls are both great games. Even moreso currently

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Tekken and Skullgirls give me cancer. Still chu-rash!

Also, I'm pretty damn sure that everyone in this thread knows not to take me seriously when it comes to matters like this. No one with a respectable character would ever let a negative critique of something turn them off of a new experience.

Know your role, and play it like you mean it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Well if anybody HAD TO get cancer... Better you than somebody important, right?

And thats not true. People get talked into and oout of movies based on people saying its good/bad all the time. Video games arent any different.

Life

Smash Hero
While KID is totally correct, I don't know who would come over from another community and not have formed an opinion on Smash until they found their way to this thread. This is probably one of the safer places on the boards to bash other games if you insist on doing so.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Which is why I do it here.

KID: Then those people deserve to get directed. It's silly to let others' experiences on petty things like this control your direction.

Getting cancer would be a dream come true.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Although I can't defend a lot of the hate, I can say that when I see Chris G win, and people celebrate it, it's like seeing people in Brawl cheer on an Olimar. That kinda mess just doesn't sit well with me.
Lolimar.

I wouldn't respect ChrisG as much if he was just playing a typical spammy Morrigan, but like HE was the one to break that character. Plus he's not JUST a Morrigan player. He's good with his other characters as well (Granted Vergil, Doom, and Magneto are Vergil, Doom, and Magneto, but still). Every other person who tries to play Morrigan looks like trash in comparison. They just copy the SOUL FIST spam and don't know where to go from there and lose. ChrisG just utilizes that part, then can convert off it as well or use it to set them up for other combos and things. Morrigan loves ChrisG, that's all there is to it.

Champ is a masochist so he plays Phoenix.

Wong and Storm are kinda like an old married couple who just have a mutual understanding at this point and he doesn't really get it but sometimes she let's him have it.

Wong in Marvel was amazing, no doubt. I'm glad I stayed up to watch it.
****ing blew my mind dude! The patience... The spacing... lmao

Evo in person and the crowd hype is just.... GODLY.
Dude, lucky!

Using focuses to blow up his habit of crouch teching into pressure was a joy to watch.
I was losing my **** over that! So good! lmfao idk what you hate about Eduardo but he's my dude. I was pullin' for him, man.

It jus sucks that Brawl will never b there but Smash 4 can & will be there.

:sonic:
Yeah, but I'm just glad Smash is being represented and Melee is honestly the better game to showcase due to it's lack of tripping...

You'll see me there for Smash 4 tho...

stuff stuff stuff But if you diss on the game that he starts with, he might not stick around long enough to try any other games. Because theres a LOT of cross pollenation between fighting games stuff stuff stuff.
I agree a lot with this. I know a guy who is really into Skullgirls, and I thought it looked cool at first and I love the animation, but he's such a major tool and prick about it and he ****s on all the other games my friends and I play (like literally everything that isn't Skullgirls) so I just can't stand his guts and the game gives me a bad vibe. It's a shame, really. I'll try pretty much any other game that's recommended to me as long as you're not a douche about it. I like to be open to these things.
No, that just means I love cancer. :applejack:
Between getting cancer and Skullgirls.... it's a toss up.
^ Between these two, I'm not sure who should get awarded QOTD, so I'll crown it to both of you if we're all cool with that.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
< mind****ed at cancer >>> cross tekken/skullgirls, not that i play either of those games.

And lately i havent seen a lot of results from sonics going to tournaments, i have a few results that i've just been too lazy to post up but i figured ppl would be still trying to rep elsewhere.

shamelessplug
this saturday in cumberland RI we're trying to host a really large MK banned tournament, been planned since early january (i beleive i mentioned it once here awhile ago) but if any of you feel like making the trip down here im sure it'd be worth the trip seeing were having a $200 pot bonus for singles and i believe a $100 pot bonus for doubles and possibly melee side event. Just figured i inform some of you incase any of you would be interested.http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14032

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I was losing my **** over that! So good! lmfao idk what you hate about Eduardo but he's my dude. I was pullin' for him, man.

No. Infiltration is the one I disliked. Til he pulled out Hakan. PR Balrog is cool. And I assume it's the same thing everyone has against Chris G. Except I really like Chris G. Fill the screen with crap and convert off of ridiculously safe stuff . In Marvel it's cool though cause nothing is ACTUALLY safe.

Top Bottom