• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
And lately i havent seen a lot of results from sonics going to tournaments, i have a few results that i've just been too lazy to post up but i figured ppl would be still trying to rep elsewhere.
I've personally been thinking about doing things again but PA is kind of abysmal so I probably won't get out there until I'm back in NY. Trying to get something started up locally until then though, so we'll see. I've been playing at like stupid stuff and teaching my friends so I'm at least not like a complete rust scrub. My school has a Brawl tournament every year which I win every year which means nothing but I get free stuff and it keeps me at least picking up the controller and trying new things, lol. I recently discovered how fun Peach is too which is strange considering how long I've had this game but that kinda got me back into it...

No. Infiltration is the one I disliked. Til he pulled out Hakan. PR Balrog is cool. And I assume it's the same thing everyone has against Chris G. Except I really like Chris G. Fill the screen with crap and convert off of ridiculously safe stuff . In Marvel it's cool though cause nothing is ACTUALLY safe.

Oooh, sorry dude. Misread that. Yeah, that pocket Hakan **** was diiirty. Like, I wanted to be pissed but it was so smart and it worked so... still though, even against a hard counter Eduardo almost took that set. It was so close. His pride for Balrog I think is what brought him down since he still could switch, but then he also seemed to be doing the best with Balrog all day and he came close to beating the Hakan so I think he was just more confident in himself being able to take him out. I think he made the right move, but unfortunately it just wasn't enough.

I really like Chris G. I guess I can understand disliking Infiltration... I find him to be kind of boring at times, but he knows his **** and like you said that Hakan play was downright dirty.

:093:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
KC, if you want somebody to come to your tournaments (and realistically, im the only one on this forum who you would even have a chance at getting to come) youre going to need to give more than 3 days notice.

as annoying as olimar is, you need characters like him to balance out the roster. You cant have an entire cast of wolverine style in your face rush down types. because then the game just devolves into 'who does it best'? and that gets boring. thats why you need to 'run away and throw stuff' types to keep it interesting.

also, how you gonna not like infiltration, with all the work that dude puts in? he puts in madd time and work into his game. even studys and records player habits. dedication right there. besides, if you feel like hes boring thats probably because hes smart enough to pick the best move in any given situation.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Nah. I just found him boring. I can appreciate the work. I appreciate the patience. It's just until this Evo I always found him to have little to no personality. He was just a robot who showed up and won everything. This time he felt like a person. I don't think I ever really saw him laugh and feel frustrated before.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
well i remember posting a link to it a couple months back but yea, i probably should've brought this up last week or earlier but better late then never i guess.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Like I said, I can see why Infiltration could be viewed as boring, but I respect him. You're right, he's totally like the M2K of SF, but as Terry said, seeing Infiltration actually have emotions was super refreshing and welcoming.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Speaking of M2K, watching him suicide after planking the ledge of Dreamland with Sheik filled me with such joy. :applejack:

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Speaking of M2K, watching him suicide after planking the ledge of Dreamland with Sheik filled me with such joy. :applejack:
My friends and I couldn't decide if we felt bad for him or that he deserved it. Either way it was one of the best parts of Melee. I'm especially happy cause I watched him do the upBs and was like....he's gonna mess that up like 2 tele's before it happened.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
If someone is planking especially in Melee you gotta be patient.

However M2K made a decision and therefor he got that result.

The Sheik Peach MU probably wasnt in M2Ks favor. However M2K should have won game 2. He wasn't even playing like M2K and he got Armada down to his last stock.

:sonic:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Planking in Melee really doesn't bother me so much, because of how risky it is. I've watched top MKs screw up planking and get away for free, so its a little hype to see a more technical, risky ledge camp that might actually help him turn things around. He won a 2v1 match in doubles by planking then gimping the sheik that tried to stop him, then taking down the other guy 1v1.

Wonf got 3rd at a national in mexico yesterday. Not sure how big it was, but he was pretty fun to watch. Man that guy sure is willing time people out. Takes me waaaay back to the MLG days where the best Sonics did whatever it took to win.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I only timed out one person one time in one game at MLG, and it was their fault for not approaching when they were losing. :applejack:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I only timed out one person one time in one game at MLG, and it was their fault for not approaching when they were losing. :applejack:

Aggro Sonic da bess Sonic.

--

Although I was playing a set with Arsenal and his Lucario last tourney and it was intense and down to the wire. We were both so lost in the fight that I had to do a double-take when I heard "5!"

Me: Wait what? ALREADY?!?!

I only won by timeout because I realized there was 5 seconds left on the clock and I had the lead. If I had more time I would have kept going in. lol

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i've had multiple instances where ilve timed ppl out mostky IC though and aftrwards i woukd feel half mentally drained an half proud of myself. Though doesn't help with an extra two minutes leading to 20 minute sets (which is extremely exhausting)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Everyone going to Apex 2014 oooorrrr....

Tesh

Smash Hero
Espy, 2 wrongs don't make a right. You should have approached until he was as dead as possible.

Wonf timed out 2 of the 4 people i saw him fight. Then he almost timed out the Lucario he was fighting, but died in the last minute.

@Cam, everyone going to Whobo.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
He spaced dairs. Not gonna eat damage for free. :applejack:
Hindsight I know, but couldn't you have just RAR jumped into horizontal alignment to bait a response, bair'd if he didn't offer one and spring to punish nado/fair if he did? and if he's too high up for that couldn't you get a perfectly spaced uair for free?

Either way, not judging you, I would've definitely just taken the safest approach to it, I just feel like under most circumstances a Sonic who plays as aggressive/takes the risks that you do, would have tried that.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Espy saw all that money and gave up his code of honor.

True honor is approaching all the time, no matter what, even if it means losing.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I actually won one of my earlier games because I read a double jump dair.
He mixed it up too well after that for me to really capitalize on it. :applejack:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
@cam, check my sig for all the info

Oh, well the dates don't clash. I just suddenly realized how many of you are Texans though so I understand not going out to Apex cuz I personally wouldn't make the trip to Texas.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Hindsight I know, but couldn't you have just RAR jumped into horizontal alignment to bait a response, bair'd if he didn't offer one and spring to punish nado/fair if he did? and if he's too high up for that couldn't you get a perfectly spaced uair for free?

Either way, not judging you, I would've definitely just taken the safest approach to it, I just feel like under most circumstances a Sonic who plays as aggressive/takes the risks that you do, would have tried that.

Cripes man, wouldja give it a rest? You and the others trollin' Espy. :p Maybe if he had done that, he would have lost. No one truly knows what the outcome will be in such an intense battle. When you're in the moment, things are different. You follow your instinct and take the best path to victory. Espy only timed someone out once, but otherwise his way works in taking the win via stocks.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Iizuka stated at SoS today that Wisps will be a permanent feature in Sonic games now.

Bring on the Color-based attacks in Smash 4.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i hope he doesnt have colors powers it just would'nt feel right. though i do think he should only have one spin attack special preferably spin charge but with spin dashes initial invincibility frames. and for his side B to be that new somersault kick he does in lost world.

And either a new fair (sonic eagle kick) or for his dair to spike on the initial hitboxes and for him to bounce on hit confirm off them.

also why doesnt spin charge to damage while charging? it's the only thin besides fair spike that makes be appreciate the change to spin charge in project M sonic.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Hm. That would be so unnatural considering it alters his shape drastically. I don't think they'd take that approach. Mario has fireballs and FLUDD and stuff in Smash cuz it doesn't distort his actual self. Sonic wouldn't really be Sonic anymore in Smash if he was constantly transforming into things. It'd be disorienting.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its about time they copied Mario properly. Sonic needs some power ups besides invinci, super speed and bubbles.

Top Bottom