• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I love when people don't DI a dair correctly. I killed M2K off the top of Yoshi's once with dair, because he was doing the uair juggles > tornado off screen and I somehow SDI'd out just in time and dair'd, and since he was holding up...

The rest is history.

:093:

Tesh

Smash Hero
I think my best reversal off the top was using toad to kill a metaknight shuttle looping at me at 70%.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Smashboards is back??

But 4 how long??

Tesh

Smash Hero
Apparently they've done something new to combat the DDoS attack. Only time will tell if this will last.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I hope so. Really glad nothing got lost considering the last backup was made in January.

Also I'm super stoked about Peach in Smash 4 yessss not like it's a surprise or anything but I just like seeing that along with a buffed Usmash.

mmmm also never realized until those new screenshots that Peach has taken off her crown for her fair since Melee like wow all these years man and I never knew

Tesh

Smash Hero
No one ever notices because they put that big ****ing flash of light when she takes it off so unless you paused and checked, you'd never know.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
i really need the smash 4 speculation to stop. it doesnt serve much purpose.

good to see you guys regardless.
I wasn't talking speculation as much as it's just obvious and leaked and I like it.

But yes, good to see you too.

Although Facebook is a thing so I see you regardless L O L

No one ever notices because they put that big ****ing flash of light when she takes it off so unless you paused and checked, you'd never know.

^^

Yah, I'm serious. So you can suck it, Espy.

Plus I just started actually playing as her a couple months ago so it's not like I was a big Peach fan. I just saw her slapping and then a giant flash of light that I shouldn't get hit by. The movement is so smooth that I would've never thought she took off her crown.

Tesh

Smash Hero
^Does this mean in Smash 4, the light will be so huge we can't see Peach at all?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Again, honestly never really cared about Peach until recently. In Melee, when I'm watching someone like Armada play, I'm not looking at the specifics of her animations cuz ya know, people still play Melee for it's graphics.

Speculation: I think that in Smash 4 the flash will be so bright that not only will Peach no longer be visible, but Espy will be consumed completely.

Follow the light...

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
You know that saying "Knowing is half the battle."? Well, how many of you actually thought to look up this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZghDI-AcKJc

I know the majority of my problems in a match-up is spacing and if a character has disjoints that I'm unfamiliar with, I tend to eat attacks left and right. I know it's mad late in the game, but it doesn't hurt to check it out.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I absolutely hate that Back Air and Uair.

And Dair.

And the nonexistent end lag of Fsmash.

And Fair.

All things Lucario, basically.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Wait... you mean to tell me you guys never actually studied his hitboxes? :applejack:
I'm fashionably late as usual. inb4you'retooslow

I typically lose out to not knowing hitboxes more often than not. Hell, I finally figured out where Sheik's Ftilt hits. The Sheik boards definitely withheld that information. Shoutouts to Japan for being good at being good sports. MK vs Sheik has never felt easier.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
That's almost as bad as not knowing that Peach takes off her crown.

Almost though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Lucario is dumb, especially for us. Yea. I thought this was known?

Not studying characters and matchups is why you guys lose to the stuff you lose to.some people think that if they learn everything about sonic, that they'll be able to beat good people. Knowing sonic is less than half the battle. Its far far more important to know the opponents character and mind. I can beat most sonic players with like 8 different characters, not because i mthat good with other characters. But because in that situation, I know what my opponent is capable of and I know what the guy on the other controller wants to do. And if I know those two things I can punish them for it, and it really doesn't matter what character I'm playing at that point

Tesh

Smash Hero
If anyone cares, newegg is offering a small discount on sonic lost world preorders.
Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:25 PM
Sonic: Lost World Wii U - $44.99 with promo code
EMCXLVN225

Sonic: Lost World 3DS - $34.99 with promo code
EMCXLVN224

promo codes are valid till 10/03/2013

taken from cheapa$$gamer.com
I'm interested in this game, but I'll wait for reviews and unbiased demo gameplay before I jump on it. I don't NEED it and I actually have about a dozen wii u/3ds games anyway.
I'm hoping I can scoop it up cheap with Mario and DK this december. Nintendo really hit me hard this year. Pikmin 3, W101, Zelda (sorta...) and now a triple dose of platforming actions from Sonic, Mario and Donkey Kong. If a new Metroid had managed to hit shelves (even just for 3ds), I would have flipped.
Sadly though, I can't say any of these games are truly "must buy a wii u", even though I've played maybe 15 games that fall into the "if you have a wii u, you better have this game too" category.
The tablet has yet to be fully justified in gameplay for me. Its awesome for web browsing and playing games more comfortably, but so far its not doing what EBA did for me on the DS (something that couldnt be done on any other system). Even W101 is way better if you ignore using the touch screen.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Its hard for me to justify wanting to play 101. I don't believe its a capcom or clover game, which gives me the strong feeling that they blatently ripped off Viewtiful Joe for their character design. Especially the red guy, he even has a wavy pink cape

Tesh

Smash Hero
platinum is clover, Hideki Kamiya made both of these games, its kind of like how the megaman creator is making mighty number 9. Crapcom just wants to release **** now, so people are forced to abandon them and recreate the good stuff on their own.

w101 however , he just kept the same art style though. I played it for hours yesterday and if you are looking for a reason not to get it, i can give you some. the rare load times can be pretty long , although much like bayonetta, they let you mess around with your moveset while the game is loading.

well actually thats all i can think of, i love this game, its actually really really fun.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
So I heard that people are starting to think they are now the best in state? I think you all are forgetting your place. My brothers and I will be coming to Zz's tourney just to remind you all how terribly bad you all suck, and that even though we don't play this crappy game anymore, we can still wipe the floors with you guys who play this game obsessively. I can't wait to see Kenny cry because we "troll" him too hard. This should be fun:)
aw **** Return of the king

Tesh

Smash Hero
BASFUDYISPAVD78QA0VD78Q390V4E

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

sonic confirmed to have same ****ty ass moveset from brawl

Tesh

Smash Hero
this sonic lost world stage better not suck as bad as green hill zone

Top Bottom