• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Nah d00d Bowser lost weight he walks now.
But yeah, I'm grasping at straws here.

ugh

I guess seeing how true Megaman is to his games makes me want more from this Sonic, but he's not gonna get that same treatment. As long as he doesn't get like, worse, I guess that's fine lol.

:093:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I mean, the only way they can make sonic more accurate to his games is if they make homing attack broken, and somehow give him a footstool jump that keeps him in ball form and does damage, or like make his nair bounce off of people when he hits with it on top of people...

Well to behonest that last one sounds kinda sweet

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
If Project M did anything right about Sonic, it was the cool HA animations and the Sonic Battle references. Sonic's Usmash and Dsmash are both turning into a ball and shaking violently. Just give him the breakdance moves from Battle, it'd be dope.

Related though I hate Project M Sonic. They removed his shield cancels...? Did they miss the point completely...?

And that would make Nair SO MUCH cooler.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sonic was designed pretty lazily, but there are 20+ veterans that deserve a refreshed moveset more than Sonic.

I feel like Smash 4 will feel alot less fresh than Brawl did. Not much looks different.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
well supposedly sakurai is focusing on tranfering over characters to smash 4 and from there making alteration whether they be new moves or just small adjustments. perfect examples would be bowser, donkey kong, and samus. Also currently the sonic they showed off looks to be incomplete as he is missing a ton of facial expressions and doesn't even blink as well as that texture smile probably being a place holder for later as in some screen shots i've noticed he has an actual modeled mouth. Then theres also the whole customization aspect which we know nothing about but do know sakurai wants to make it something quick and easy to do, i'm leaning towards swappable special attacks, so for example sonic can change one of his spin attack specials for something else or you can choose mario to use either fludd or the mario tornado almost like how in SF you can pick between 2 ultras.

Tesh

Smash Hero
they didnt change anything about samus' moveset, just her suit

edit: if they did that swapping thing, it would be pretty awesome

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Just got the steak hat for my Mii on 3DS.

Feelin' good.

Tesh

Smash Hero
All the commentary at Whobo was pretty much clueless/ignorance/make things up.

Forgivable I guess since those guys aren't primarily commentators. I just don't get how so many people can just hop on the mic and be offensive and/or ignorant. Commentary for other pro gaming events is always so much better.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I didn't see any videos with you on commentary. I mostly just watched mid tier and doubles sets.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I would like Sonic to have this as his win quote in smash 4.
Just him and Knuckles going back and fourth about how bad they be until you hit start.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Anybody pick up Sonic Lost World for Wii U or 3DS... Or both?

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Planning on getting the 3DS one for Christmas since I don't have a Wii U yet and when I do I'll probably get that one too.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sonic has a Yoshi's Island level that's gonna be DLC along with another Nintendo themed layout. Watching it on Nintendo Direct was hilarious.

It was almost as jarring as Dynasty Warriors starring Link. :applejack:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I have my connections.

Also, I'm loving Sonic Lost World, and that Yoshi's Island DLC was not only hilarious to me, but also amazing. I love Yoshi's Island, so this is a weird crossover that is totally fine by me. Also, it's FREE so I was hype as hell.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Sonic Lost World is fun on both the WiiU and 3DS

Sonic has about 12 out of 19 moves being the same in Smash4. Hopefully his Bair, FSmash and Uair are a little stronger.

Merry Belated Christmas

I hope everyone is doing well

&... WE BAD

:sonic:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, I beat Sonic Lost World on Wii U and now working on 3DS.

Loved the Wii U one, so far enjoying 3DS other than the fact they straight ported the cutscenes and they kinda look ass. I'm having more fun with this series than I did Generations and Colors, and those were both really good games. I think Lost World might be my favorite 3D Sonic since SA2B. It has a great balance of calling back to classic titles in the series while still being innovative and fresh to create a brand new experience. There was a level filled with Sonic 3 enemies and I fangirled a little. Tons of little things that oldschool Sonic fans will recognize.

As far as the moveset goes, it's possible they're still revamping some moves and just recycled old code/animations to show off new character releases. At least so I'm hoping. They're always saying what's shown in screenshots isn't final so it's not unreasonable to believe.

Merry Christmas. We bad.

Last edited:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sonic lost World looks pretty garbage (even by sonic game standards) . I was going to pick it up when it drops below 20 dollars because im done with all the games ive been playing recently, but I think I'm gonna wait and see if Nintendo's spring lineup is better.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Lost Worlds has been an extremely enjoyable experience from what I've gotten to play. It's easily one of the biggest hit or miss Sonic games since SA2 or Heroes. You either like it or hate it.

And if you hate it you're just ****. :applejack:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Lost Worlds has been an extremely enjoyable experience from what I've gotten to play. It's easily one of the biggest hit or miss Sonic games since SA2 or Heroes. You either like it or hate it.

And if you hate it you're just ****. :applejack:
Yes.

I enjoyed Colors and Generations, but what I missed about Sonic games was the balance of speed of platforming. All the most recent Sonic games have had the focus on "breakneck speed" but that's not what Sonic is completely about... It's a platformer at heart. The speed is supposed to be a reward for mastering and memorizing the levels. It almost felt like with Colors and Generations that if you didn't completely know the map you were just supposed to blaze through it with the easiest route and move on, and when it did slow down for platforming, it was out of place and clunky.

Sonic Lost World feels much more like a Genesis Sonic game with modern aesthetics and updates, but it's completely unlike anything they've released since that era. You have much more control and you have readily disposable choices in terms of how you want to complete the level and how. The parkour feels amazing and I hope it stays for all future titles. I can't tell you how many times in Colors when I tried to jump to a platform and it just felt like garbage and I died. With Lost World, the jump feels better, AND you have a double jump, AND if you hit the edge of a platform, instead of just falling and dying, he can either grab the ledge or run up it. It just makes so much god damn sense. He's Sonic the Hedgehog, I GREW UP believing that Sonic could run up any wall he wanted to lol. Also, the fact that the spindash has returned over the boost says something about what they were going for. And the figure 8. Just play it.

A lot of people will just write it without even trying it, and some will try it expecting it to be something else and still hate it for not just experiencing what it is. When I tried it at Comic Con, I was really bad at it and had no point of reference as to how to play it since it was so different. But after I got it and sat down with it, I fell in love. Once you learn the new controls and mindset of it, it's a blast.

Also SWF has yellow instead of transparency which is kind of annoying but I also kind of like it because I like Blue and Yellow but I just wish it was less of a mustardy shade.

EDIT: The mustard is gone, also apparently I'm premium and fonts are big now.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
nmu?

c-c-c-combo breaker