• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
I like the video idea, but what if we discover something new? Probably won't happen, so I guess we could though. Espy (or D1AOS?) should probably make it.

Oh, and did we, like, forget about those matchup export threads of something? We said we'd make a character discussion on Marth soon. It's past soon...

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
well i do want to be able to show my ledge canceled bairs so other sonic's can do it, that and some sonic's may not know that you can cancel the landing lag of HA by sliding sonic off a ledge using his momentum

:phone:

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
Forgot to say this, but...I beat X 2-0 in a $5 MM at Apex.

I AM THE KING OF SLAYING :sonic:'s.

Beneath my throne I have the heads of Speed, D1aos, Meek, X, Espy, Xlr8 (lol), Wedge, Kid goggles, and Bionic.

+3 matchup in Seagull's Favor. +2 matchup for other :wolf:'s probably.

:018:
Step it up :sonic:'s.

:018:
Well guess so far we can set one goal for 2013;

Learn to fight wolf

Challenge Accepted, and I WILL succeed.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
well i do want to be able to show my ledge canceled bairs so other sonic's can do it, that and some sonic's may not know that you can cancel the landing lag of HA by sliding sonic off a ledge using his momentum

ledge cancelling is a universal AT...I'm pretty sure it's in all 3 smash games. If people haven't learned how to do that/how it works...well, they have some catching up to do.

True Blue

Smash Lord
I have actually had a lot of good Wolf practice. Played Ishy a bunch of times at Apex last year and then a bunch at WABA. Also played McPeePants a bunch at WHOBO on the bus. And at WABA also.
Only issue I am having whenever playing people is polishing my own style of play and trying not to get angry and just throwing it all away with stupid things. Though I have been looking for this fricken wolf match but keep getting dodged away from it...
Personally I don't care much now...

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I was talking with MegaRobMan about the MU last night. He has LOTS of Sonic practice because Trent used to play him all the time. So when I finally went to NE, my sonic is a little different/has some better fundamentals behind it, but tricksies for gimping and the general MUs were totally exposed, and I'd never fought a wolf main before....

IMO, if Sonic gets an early % lead, it needs to be a hit and run/punish as hard and safe as possible game. Go for and land any and all gimp opportunities. If you get behind, you lose. Wolf's close range game poops all over Sonic's. He has priority, range, and kill power over us. Shine is good too when you are being too direct and read like a bedtime story.

Never beat MegaRobMan's wolf, played it maybe 4 times total now. Every first stock goes fairly even. Then he lands a kill. I've then lost horribly as im forced to take a more offensive playstyle, and he can play safe and punish hard. Its essentially a war of attrition that favors wolf. Stay ahead, and stay alive, imo.

That's the MU methinks....

NH Cody

Smash Champion
I have actually had a lot of good Wolf practice. Played Ishy a bunch of times at Apex last year and then a bunch at WABA. Also played McPeePants a bunch at WHOBO on the bus. And at WABA also.
Only issue I am having whenever playing people is polishing my own style of play and trying not to get angry and just throwing it all away with stupid things. Though I have been looking for this fricken wolf match but keep getting dodged away from it...
Personally I don't care much now...
How do you play brawl on a bus o_o

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Jman, it's actually the mid-range game that Wolf excels at vs. Sonic.
Close quarters, they're about even. :applejack:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
@Espy? Please explain. I admit im woefully inexperienced at the MU. I always felt in CQ the range, speed, priority went to wolf. Dangerously, eating % you shouldn't be, so.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
@Espy? Please explain. I admit im woefully inexperienced at the MU. I always felt in CQ the range, speed, priority went to wolf. Dangerously, eating % you shouldn't be, so.

Bair to Blaster range is where Sonic loses. You have to combat Wolf's air footsies with Sonic's ground footsies. It's not really that hard if you play at a slower defensive pace.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Shoutout to ****ing Tenki and his sexy *** bringing that Steak rep to a tourney I attended today. Haven't seen him in forever, and his Sonic is still the ****. That '09, unforgettable, holy ****. Saw that work he was putting in, we were expecting to meet each other in WFs, would have been some spectacle. Great seeing him again, as well as the aforementioned molestation that is his Sonic.:applejack:

:sonic:<3

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I remember tenki doing well locally (wherever that was) but don't think he was ever a beacon of Sonic's exploits. One could look at the results thread and see. He was damn good with theorycrafting and was the All-Father of the spin

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
do you think he'd be good enough for the next apex if he practices enough? though he though he probably already did that...

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
right after apex... lol. is he good enough to have made it out of pools?
He tied in 5th with a Pit main, but the moment I saw him in action, I was all like, "****ING TENKI, MAN." I didn't get to play him at all, ironically, moments into the tournament we we both getting hyped about the possibility of a Sonic vs Ike MU in the brackets. I went straight Ike, he went straight Sonic.

As for him being "back", this is the first time I've seen him in a pretty long time, probably well over a year. I only really used to see him at the on campus tournaments, and he did work in those too. So I'm guessing he just competes at the college when he can, since they host Brawl tournaments rather frequently, apparently, sometimes on free entry (as the one this past Saturday was). Wish I had means of getting out there more.:applejack:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Tenki goes to tournaments casually.

Hes one of the few people that knows as much about the character as me or espy. But he was never a super star stellar player. He was one of the first good sonic players and he contributed a lot to the characters metagame. But ifhe went to apex, he wouldn't place any better than the other sonics.

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
I remember watching Kojin Sagura videos to learn about Sonic stuff, and when KID talked about that whole footstool jab lock thing on ROB. Idk if it works on anyone else that's just the one I remember being super legit. Plus I remember when you guys were researching the dthrow on the side of the stage thing on Lucario. What ended up happening with that?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It only works on Lucario if they DI in a specific way.
The dthrow stagespike on Battlefield, I mean. :applejack:

Tenki

Smash Hero
do you think he'd be good enough for the next apex if he practices enough? though he though he probably already did that...
I went into the tournament cold - haven't played vanilla Brawl since Momocon last year. Outside of that, since a working TV hasn't been part of my life for a while, the only other times I've played Brawl were random Brawl Minus games with a friend who visited town once every few months.

As for him being "back", this is the first time I've seen him in a pretty long time, probably well over a year. I only really used to see him at the on campus tournaments, and he did work in those too. So I'm guessing he just competes at the college when he can, since they host Brawl tournaments rather frequently, apparently, sometimes on free entry (as the one this past Saturday was). Wish I had means of getting out there more.:applejack:
I graduated (so I don't live on-campus anymore) and work has kept me busy @_@
Just happened to be near the campus and since it was free parking/entry, figured I'd drop by :awesome:

It was fun.

Also, I don't think I ran into you in on-campus tourneys (though, I used to crash local dorm tourneys all the time - met 4GOD that way haha), but I did play at WABA a few times.

I still remember Tenki requesting this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83R6iB7mVLI

I still reference that video from time to time, thanks for keeping it online lol

:093:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I think I need to take some time to really evaluate myself as a player. I know I'm good, but I let my past accomplishments, smaller as they were, get in the way and my expectations were not met in the process.

This isn't about my pride as a Sonic player and being recognized for such. For me, I think I need to look at myself as a player, and don't think of who else makes it out or not when the going gets tough.

Whether that means I stay with Sonic or not, I'm not sure. Knowing me I'll stick to what I know best and just keep on fighting with Sonic.

I thought I was ready for APEX, and I almost was. I just need to discover what's holding me back and unlock that. Once I've done that... I'm not sure where it'll take me. I want to come back to APEX, go to the next Genesis, but I may have to hold off on all of that until I know for sure I've hit the next level.

I still wanna be the level of player that people like X and Espy have gotten to, but like all of us, there's still a lot to learn.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
The level between X and Espy is huge though Keep at it Cloud. Your time to shine will come.

I still reference that video from time to time, thanks for keeping it online lol

:093:
I have no reason to take it down lol (plus I can't remember my password anyway).

What the hell? Why is your signature that post? :applejack:
Out of context posts are funneh.

Random question.

Stir fry salmon or steamed salmon with lemon?

Top Bottom