• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Try doing this TB:

Do NOT use bair. Ever.

Seriously, try playing a bunch of games without using it. It forces you to rely on other tactics to tack on the damage, and makes you play far safer than you would if you just threw out a bair to push a player away. I find that my KO power goes through the roof if I've managed to avoid using it for entire stocks.

Next thing you know, you have a fresh bair and they're at 140%. It's a free KO as long as you push a player to the edge of a stage before landing it.

The best part? If you get the stock lead, go nuts and spam that crap all the time. It'll add up damage and give you good set ups. It's a win win because if you manage to add a ton of damage to them and net the KO again before dying, you have a TWO stock lead. If you get knocked out before, then you have that fresh bair and they're at KO percents.

The end result is that you start learning how to play as a Sonic that's incredibly safe in his approach, knows how to add damage without using his number one KO move, and is frustrating to pressure when you drop a stock to him. It's amazing. :applejack:
Its brilliant!!!!

:sonic:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Uair gets the job done vs MK.

Practice not using Bair is good. But keep in mind you shouldn't be straight up avoiding any part of your moveset when the opening arises. Sonic isn't like completely without kill options at any percent and Bair isn't something you can just run up and land on people when you want to.

Bair is great at low percents. I love Uthrow-Bair-Uair (or uair-bair). Just....count better. If they are at 70 and u can punish with something not bair, then do it.

I do alot of pummeling and spring drops (very important vs MK). Uair is another move that can safely tack on damage and refresh your killers.

Though honestly against characters like Ike, I'm 100% with okay with just using bair as a launcher. As far as other mid tiers go, Pit, Wolf and Yoshi are the only ones where I don't think I can get a kill from edgeguarding.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Your only kill option sans bair is fsmash and maybe dsmash.
I wouldn't trust either one of those moves to reliably KO a top level player. Ever. :applejack:

Tesh

Smash Hero
even top level players do stuff like dsmash with mk or get read landing or outspaced trying to jab

better characters are harder to edgeguard for kills so obviously characters like falco,gnw, lucario etc u wanna save bair

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Saw that you took 2nd, out of 24. Who did you lose to? Did you make it to GFs via winner's bracket? Or did you come back from losers? Was a second set played? Curious about a damn good showing, lol

2nd: not utilizing Bair is something I noted when I just could not kill a D3. I usually don't care when I can grab<pummel<Dthrow psuedo tech chase<score a regrab and repeat. I can refresh it. But against D3 that's asking to eat a CG or Utilt. So spaced Bair is about all i've got or it's hit n run tactics with varied approaches.

I hate that MU....

Also: Peach. What WOULD you do if you couldn't control zoning with Bair???

:phone:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Peach I focus on spinball, nair, fair, grab pummel tactics. if I see an opening I kick her in the chin.

Dsmash is good if u time it properly right? It moves u out the way and then comes back to attack...

@Jman http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=333258
& 4 D3... take him to BF

and theres even a vid showing how bad I am. I was horridly repetitive.

:sonic:

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
Try doing this TB:

Do NOT use bair. Ever.

Seriously, try playing a bunch of games without using it. It forces you to rely on other tactics to tack on the damage, and makes you play far safer than you would if you just threw out a bair to push a player away. I find that my KO power goes through the roof if I've managed to avoid using it for entire stocks.

Next thing you know, you have a fresh bair and they're at 140%. It's a free KO as long as you push a player to the edge of a stage before landing it.

The best part? If you get the stock lead, go nuts and spam that crap all the time. It'll add up damage and give you good set ups. It's a win win because if you manage to add a ton of damage to them and net the KO again before dying, you have a TWO stock lead. If you get knocked out before, then you have that fresh bair and they're at KO percents.

The end result is that you start learning how to play as a Sonic that's incredibly safe in his approach, knows how to add damage without using his number one KO move, and is frustrating to pressure when you drop a stock to him. It's amazing. :applejack:
I used to do that because I thought bair was too slow and rarely used it unless for kills or I knew I could hit with it/ it being the only option.

Should probably do that again...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You guys suck. If you can't find the answers to Peach without bair then you seriously need some help.
I almost never used to bair against Illmatic unless it was intended for a KO. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I mean, tilts exist, and it's fairly easy to bait her since she needs to get up close to hit you at all. Uair is broken in this match up, and keeping her off stage or on the ledge is pretty simple since she has a huge blind spot as Olimar. :applejack:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Hmmm... will have to try these things.

Also, yep, I take him that D3 to BF (he usually bans it) because if im lucky, Dthrow "spike" to stage spike (or just stage spikes) and I can Fair him all day for harassment. But its small, platforms allow D3 to land camp you for a possible Utilt, and Uair kills really early here. I feel its a bad choice. I usually go YI since he doesn't ban it. Amazing choice on his part, lulz.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I was under the impression that D3 can't land camp you in BF as effectively as on other stages because of the platforms?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Kupo, if Dedede has the lead and sits under a platform, it's difficult to approach him because you only have three directions to approach him: [1] Directly in front of him, which is snuffed out by ftilt, [2] in the air at a 45 degree angle, which is extremely dangerous because of utilt at KO percentages (otherwise, approaching from there is risky because of the start up to our only practical approach, which is ASC), [3] and jumping around the platform to get behind him, which takes forever and is incredibly easy to read with his unholy bair. Alternatively, he can just turn around.

I mean, we have decent answers and ways to get at him from the scenario, but it takes a bit of reading, forcing him to react to a mixup, and precise spacing to avoid bair or ftilt. :applejack:

Kupo Rose

Fair enough.

edit: How do you guys feel about the incoming Like System that's gonna be put in place? And being charged for criminal offences for unlocking phones (I can't believe this lol).

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
How well would Inhale work (if used correctly) against Sonic if he's camping us?

Haven't really seen a high lvl Sonic DDD match-up, though I know Sonic/Wario used to be 80/20 mainly cuz of Chomp, and Inhale has greater range.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Try doing this TB:

Do NOT use bair. Ever.

Funny thing is that Back Air is never really my option to kill. My most killed move is ASC's first hit. Lol.

You guys suck. If you can't find the answers to Peach without bair then you seriously need some help.
I almost never used to bair against Illmatic unless it was intended for a KO. :applejack:
Yo Peach is simple. I kill her with Up Airs, Homing Attack, Forward Airs, Up Throw and Up Tilts. With the obvious Back Airs.

I was under the impression that D3 can't land camp you in BF as effectively as on other stages because of the platforms?

Usually if D3 gets the lead it is really hard to come back if they camp you out. The match up is very snowbally in my opinion where it really depends on who gets the first stock. And I just camp them out and usually resort to time outs cause that dumb creature is just dumb.

Fair enough.

edit: How do you guys feel about the incoming Like System that's gonna be put in place? And being charged for criminal offences for unlocking phones (I can't believe this lol).

I heard about it but I didn't understand it really. Can someone explain it better to me. Like what do you mean by unlocking phones? Like new phones or that setting on your phones security to make a password.

Life

Smash Hero
It's like "hey guys, it's legal to jailbreak your iPhone according to the supreme court, so let's make it illegal to jailbreak anything else"

need more young people in DC

True Blue

Smash Lord
I def just sideB Peach...or unlike u guys I also have the option to go MK

the real question is how2fightdiddy...like good ones.
Yea Side B is also beast. But you don't want to use it too much where they realize what is going on. Cause then they just do the Nair that has two hits and it can knock you out of it still.

And Diddy will always be my problem. I have awful item control.

Though I meant to ask, why have you started using MK? I don't think I ever noticed you use him before unless I just really didn't notice it. lol

Kupo Rose

@ Kupo: the what system? Criminal offenses? Do tell...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=333174

We're gonna be able to "like" other people's post. Like facebook.

I heard about it but I didn't understand it really. Can someone explain it better to me. Like what do you mean by unlocking phones? Like new phones or that setting on your phones security to make a password.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-switch-carriers-punishable-fines-prison.html

Off to class.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I AM SAddened TO ADMIT I DID NOT (SORRY, PHONE AUTO CAPS LOCKED, WONT UNDO)

I GOT LIKE 2 BUCKS TO MY NAME. I WORKED OUT TO PREP FOR MY PT TEST (TOOK THIS MORNING, BOMBED. GOT AN 87. 30 SECONDS FASTER RUN I WOULDA MADE A 90/TEST A YEAR LATER INSTEAD OF 6 MONTHS). AND LOST MY SOULD TO NI NO KUNI

Kupo Rose

I wish the weather over here could brighten up a little bit. Strong winds and heavy rain throughout the whole day urgh. Everyone around me seems to be ill >.<

Kupo Rose

Switch places with me. There is nothing to be jelous of. It's like a surefire way of catching a cold.

Walking in it is a pain in the arse too. I need windscreen wipers for my specs.

Top Bottom