• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its really not a ****-swinging contest.

If you place where you are at and make a PR with your Sonic, idc what scale you use, your probably a good or decent Sonic. Espy has been #1 since day one and over the span of brawl has posted the best results.

Everything else past that gets skewed. And KC24, I watched ur vids, your Sonic is solid, but it's like KID said its experience more than anything your lacking. You ARE a good Sonic, don't trip...
Im good to and I essentially don't play anymore, yet I made PRs and swept all my tournaments here, as small as it is. And I DID win 1st in a 31 man tourney with ppl from ND as well as SD coming down (just as far as I know, only a handful use smashboards, and only 1 Diddy nearly beat me flat out. He took me to last hit last stock all 3 games)

Still take pride and post your results. I wish ppl recorded here so I could post stuff so you guys can see some of the **** I do right, and collectivley critique and point out flaws. I still seek to improve. That's my goal at least. Im still proud and bust out my "+8" tag from the glory days of all of the Sonic main's grassroot efforts and making him place top 4 pretty much at every local, and Espy beating at Whobo (dunno what number now... :/)
:phone:
yo i record bro, just zip up those replays and pm em to me

True Blue

Smash Lord
Looked at the Act 3 thread. Essentially no one posts their results anymore. This saddens me. KID posted his, I post mine when I go (however infrequent that may be...)
True Blue is really active, but I never see him post his results. Meek went sonic, but switched, yet he didn't post his results.

Why is that? Back in the glory days, we all posted everything, good or bad results, lol. We should get back that Character Drive/seeking improvement. Just thoughts I'm mulling over in extreme boredom...

Edit: Or is that we Sonic mains have become THAT inactive...

Oh sorry? Lol. I remember at first I use to be all like "I GOTTA POST MY RESULTS! I WANT TO BE COOL!" but recently I have been a little bit like "Does it matter if I post it? I know I'm good, and anyone who actually cares ends up finding it out before I do in the first place" lol.

And no good sonics are active at tournaments.
If i were to rank the ones that have been to a tournament this year it would be.

Espy/X
Me
Wedge
Meek
TB

And wowzers! I am on your list! It's a Christmas Miracle! lol. TB... I am just a disease. lol.

More than likely changing my tag around to be Pure Blue now. So when it is PB it will be like Peanut Butter instead. lol.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
It's just a results thread, not a ****ing I'll only post mine when I do good. Doesn't matter if you place good or bad. What's with the pride all of a sudden? You all worried getting looked down upon by KID or something? You're playing Sonic who's a **** character. You're not expected to take top places. I remember when Kinzer and Tails always posted theirs regardless of results. At least they had the will and drive to get better.

Its really not a ****-swinging contest.
Best post ^

On another note. Pure Blue / True Blue, what's the difference really?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I posted mine even when I played like ****.
I just haven't been posting them lately.

I still have all my tournament results that I haven't posted yet.

...I'll update this later today hopefully. It's in dire need of one. :applejack:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
thanks Kupo.

I posted my last results from NE. Im guessing at it, but I did terribad, like 5th or 7th out of 9. I believe 7th, cause I beat a Marth (one of the top 2 for sure Melee players there), he switched to Falco and I won G2. Then, I got MK'd and I just went aggro and lost. Then I fought a peach and didn't have the heart/patience to WedgeWall/BoxoBair for 6 mins+ for a win. I won game 1 then went aggro and lost.

I wasn't proud, I was seriously in debate on whether I could continue playing Melee so much for improvement, and continue to be a Solid Sonic in my dead area, when I don't have a wii to practice and Melee/Brawl tech skill is vastly different.

But I got that pride, so I did.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
It's just a results thread, not a ****ing I'll only post mine when I do good. Doesn't matter if you place good or bad. What's with the pride all of a sudden? You all worried getting looked down upon by KID or something? You're playing Sonic who's a **** character. You're not expected to take top places. I remember when Kinzer and Tails always posted theirs regardless of results. At least they had the will and drive to get better.
whom were you directing this at lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
My bad at everyone i forgot.

Espy/X
Me
Kc24
Wedge
Tesh
Meek
JMan
TB

But espy me and wedge have been to one tournament this year a piece. X is inutah and nobody knows what happens there. Jman is in a nothing region. Tesh, KC, Jman Meek, and TB are the only ones that have been doing stuff regularly since apex.

And tbqh, KC is probably the best one going right now.

But my main point was that we really dont have to many active sonics at all, and the ones we do have for the most part, leave a lot to be desired.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I got a tournament next week so hopefully i can come back with some good or great results. And then next year RI is getting a new venue so i'll definitely be contributing more frequently.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Well its the results and DISCUSSION thread. When we actually discuss who we lost to and why, we all get better. If you take a bad placing and shy away from it rather than seeking progression, you are holding yourself back.

And hell, you may not actually benefit/feel up to ppl asking why you lost to a no-name Fox, but if you can be honest and say "he consistently punished X by doing X, someone ELSE may learn from it.

Its a community thing, not so much a **** swinging contest. Get your praise for placing well, enjoy it, but seek answers to why you lost, be vocal, help everyone improve

Ain't that right KID?

Life

Smash Hero
FWIW, after my last tournament Fosho told me I wasn't doing spin cancels as much and that I was much less effective (against him anyway) for it. So that's something.

Top Bottom