• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The original version of that poster depicted mini-size Emperor Pilaf, Mai, and Shu as well. Tere was merchandising for the movie that included figures of the three, so it may be that they'll show up in the movie.

Now that they're not seen anywhere in the poster now though...

:phone:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Im pretty excited for this now. I predict another Saiyan vs Enemy scenario, followed by Vegeta/Gokuu trying themselves, a fusion of them, and a universal spirit bomb again.

Calling it now*

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Dbl post, sue me*

So about Mystic Gohan. I never sat all the way through Buu saga.... just skipped through it maybe 5 times, saw all the fights and such. But I remember vaugley the mystic training. When he was done, didn't old kai say "he no longer needed to go super saiyan". That he was now base form more powerful?

If that information is correct.... how is going SSJ a bad thing. If it burns more energy and he recieves absolutley no gain, sure.... but I can't imagine that.

Anyone with more knowledge on it so I don't have to go on a nerd information hunt, thanks, lol :p

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Goku can barely keep his SSJ3 form stable, and Gotenks can only stay SSJ3 for five minutes. For Gohan, who is stronger than a fused SSJ3 in just his base form, going SSJ alone could strain him to the point of ineffectiveness instantly.

So maybe him going SSJ here is a sign of Bils's strength, and that this SSJ Mystic form could ruin Gohan in battle, prompting Goku to wrap the fight up again.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I've always assumed Mystic is a seperate form itself. He had to transform into it and there is a slight change of appearance when he does.

The original version of that poster depicted mini-size Emperor Pilaf, Mai, and Shu as well. Tere was merchandising for the movie that included figures of the three, so it may be that they'll show up in the movie.

Now that they're not seen anywhere in the poster now though...

Not a bad thing though, right?

edit:
So maybe him going SSJ here is a sign of Bils's strength, and that this SSJ Mystic form could ruin Gohan in battle, prompting Goku to wrap the fight up again.
A Mystic SSJ? When did this type of power become stackable?

And Goku will win. No doubt. Doesn't matter who else is stronger in the party, Goku will always be the hero.

Youtube changed. I hate it.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
You missed out everyone fires their energy blast as one.

But yeah it's confirmed. http://www.dragonball2013.com/

[collapse="synopsis if you wanna read it"]
The story takes place a few years after the fierce battle with Majin Buu. Bils, the God of Destruction who maintains the balance of the universe, awakens from a long slumber. Hearing rumors that a Saiyan defeated Frieza, Bils goes on a search to track down the warrior who championed this feat – Goku. King Kai advises Goku to avoid a confrontation, however, Goku is ecstatic that a new opponent has appeared after many years and decides to fight. Unfortunately, Goku is no match for Bils’ overwhelming power and is defeated. Bils leaves, asking if “there is anybody on Earth more worthy to destroy?” Will Goku and the Z Warriors really be able to stop the God of Destruction?!

Source - http://www.saiyanisland.com/2012/12/dragon-ball-z-battle-of-gods-story-revealed/[/collapse]

Full size picture of what Josh posted earlier.

[collapse="pharaoh god?"]
[/collapse]

I am so ready for this.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I've been good thanks! Life and all that.

The Sonic boards never change which is a good thing.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
You live?!? Wtf, lol
Also, Goku said he never had much time to ptactice SSJ3, a few years after im sure he's got it down pact. And where does it expressly say mystic is stronger in power lvl than SSJ3 Goku? I thought Goku did the coy dad thing again and said "wow, you sure are stronger than me!" But was refrencing his base form...

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I've been good thanks! Life and all that.

The Sonic boards never change which is a good thing.
Good stuff, gonna be sticking around?

You live?!? Wtf, lol
Also, Goku said he never had much time to ptactice SSJ3, a few years after im sure he's got it down pact. And where does it expressly say mystic is stronger in power lvl than SSJ3 Goku? I thought Goku did the coy dad thing again and said "wow, you sure are stronger than me!" But was refrencing his base form...

afaik there is no source that says Mystic > SSJ3. It's all down to interpretation.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I thought it wasn't. Just FAR for sustainable. Super Buu absorbs Mystic Gohan and fights SSJ3 Goku (and although he is winning, its fairly even). If memory serves.

Good lord, I need to watch the buu saga through to finish, loooool

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Super Buu with Mystic Gohan absorbed is the strongest Buu, and the strongest character sans Vegito in the DBZ universe before the final time skip.
He was thrashing SSJ3 Goku. Additionally, Mystic Gohan is indeed stronger than SSJ3 Goku.

I started my internet life on a DBZ forum. This discussion is friggin' imprinted into my skull. :applejack:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
^ validation for that claim Espy. Like... links to manga or something

If you've time to search I mean... I just don't see it being stronger than SSJ3.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I do not want to go looking through the manga. Again.
For the trillionth time. :applejack:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Gohan is stronger than a fused Super Saiyan 3. Gotenks barely gets an edge over Super Buu while Gohan massacres him, without a single energy attack.

So unless you're gonna say that SSJ3 Goku is stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks, there's really nothing saying that Mystic Gohan's not stronger than either of the two.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Yes, I'm saying SSJ3 Goku is stronger than Gotenks. Im not even implying that SSJ3 Goku is stronger than Mystic Gohan, but I was actually under the impression that they were "on par", except Gohan sustained his power, while Goku holds his for minutes at a time, and a few strong energy blasts and he's tapped (fighting Kid Buu he loses SSJ3 form at one point)

If Mystic Gohan is FACTUALLY stronger, i'd just like something that shows it concrete like. But I'm logical and i'll take espy+ the status quo for their word (like i said, seen ONLY the anime, watched all the fights+ a few randoms in between, probably 5 times or so)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
SSJ3 Goku would have had to exert all of his power in order to eliminate Fat Buu, who by all accounts was fighting at equal footing with Goku. Goku had to fire a moderately powerful Kamehameha at Buu to make any evident signs of damage, but Buu recovered the damage off a bit after.

Later, Buu's power limiter was broken when it split into two and rejoined again, making him much stronger, but Gohan easily crushes him with fists and kicks alone, and Super Buu is left so battered that he can't even recover in a quick manner.

There's nothing in the manga that directly compares SSJ3 Goku's strength to Mystic Gohan's afaik, but comparing the power of Fat Buu and Super Buu, and how they fared against the two respectively is a good enough indicator that Gohan is stronger.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
All I recall is Goku showing Buu SSJ3 and ****** him, then he held back due to the innocent bystanders (I remember him fast moving repeatedly to attract Buu). I know Goku comments on no matter how much he hits Buu, he doesn't tire (yet for the longest time, goku was stalling and restricing his combat, SSJ3 was tiring him out...)

I also know Super Buu W/ Mystic Gohan is stronger than Kid Buu, but by how much I wonder... Goku said he probably could have defeated Kid Buu if he had tried from the start, but he was holding back so Vegeta could take a stab at him.

So based off that, I assumed they were ball park fairly close to even...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wrong Sonic Storm.
SSJ3 Goku is stronger than Fat Buu. Directly taken from the manga too. :applejack:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Looked at the Act 3 thread. Essentially no one posts their results anymore. This saddens me. KID posted his, I post mine when I go (however infrequent that may be...)
True Blue is really active, but I never see him post his results. Meek went sonic, but switched, yet he didn't post his results.

Why is that? Back in the glory days, we all posted everything, good or bad results, lol. We should get back that Character Drive/seeking improvement. Just thoughts I'm mulling over in extreme boredom...

Edit: Or is that we Sonic mains have become THAT inactive...

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Its blatantly OBVIOUS that Mystic Gohan >>>> SSJ3 Goku

Mystic Gohan > Super Buu > Kid buu = SSJ3 Goku > Fat Buu

:sonic:

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
Other people, for one. Definitely wouldn't keep attending tournaments if it weren't for people like fosho, hari, carroll, etc. that keep me going. (Dat namesearch bait.) And I do genuinely enjoy playing Smash itself (though I've been feeling constrained while playing Brawl lately), so that's another.
I don't namesearch, I just lurk.

Also Teen Gohan da bess.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Dragonball multiverse.

That is all.

And no good sonics are active at tournaments.
If i were to rank the ones that have been to a tournament this year it would be.

Espy/X
Me
Wedge
Meek
TB

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
It was sad to see Gogeta Jr. leave, but the new artist is no slouch either. I hope she sticks around for the main chapters.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Dragonball multiverse.

That is all.

And no good sonics are active at tournaments.
If i were to rank the ones that have been to a tournament this year it would be.

Espy/X
Me
Wedge
Meek
TB

hey that ONE tournament espy went to this year, he tied placings with me. that was also the ONE tournament i went all sonic.

but yea i use mk, wario, pit, pokemon trainer alot now too, so i dont see why i would bother posting my results here, when sonic isn;t always advancing me in bracket. There have been tournaments went I only advanced with wario/mk.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Its really not a ****-swinging contest.

If you place where you are at and make a PR with your Sonic, idc what scale you use, your probably a good or decent Sonic. Espy has been #1 since day one and over the span of brawl has posted the best results.

Everything else past that gets skewed. And KC24, I watched ur vids, your Sonic is solid, but it's like KID said its experience more than anything your lacking. You ARE a good Sonic, don't trip...
Im good to and I essentially don't play anymore, yet I made PRs and swept all my tournaments here, as small as it is. And I DID win 1st in a 31 man tourney with ppl from ND as well as SD coming down (just as far as I know, only a handful use smashboards, and only 1 Diddy nearly beat me flat out. He took me to last hit last stock all 3 games)

Still take pride and post your results. I wish ppl recorded here so I could post stuff so you guys can see some of the **** I do right, and collectivley critique and point out flaws. I still seek to improve. That's my goal at least. Im still proud and bust out my "+8" tag from the glory days of all of the Sonic main's grassroot efforts and making him place top 4 pretty much at every local, and Espy beating at Whobo (dunno what number now... :/)

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i wasn't really that upset over it tbh :p But yea experience IS something me and my whole state agree that i lack (although they all think if i was able to travel back a few years ago i'd be a top sonic though i don't really believe so.)and that hopefully now that we can go to OoS tourneys hopefully it won't be too long before i start playing at a smarter level.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Or is that we Sonic mains have become THAT inactive...

I think it's more so that their scene is dead so they can't do much about it.
More likely that those of us who *are* active, don't consider our own placements noteworthy.

Also Goggles, don't forget D1AOS.

Espy, X, D1AOS, and Meek are top Sonics.
Goggles, Wedge, Tesh, True Blue are just *good* Sonics.

Edit: The unmentioned Sonics I haven't really watched enough vids/placements of to judge.

Top Bottom