• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
Well I am in that same boat apparently lol. No one will ever listen to me lol. But oh well I guess we can keep our knowledge to ourselves.
Well, for me anyways, You/Ryo almost taking out Ally/Trela has earned my instant respect for a long time at least.

I'm in that boat aswell though lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Ill talk to espy about you excel. Youve shown to me before that you are quite knowledgable

I just didnt think of you originally because i related you to luigi before sonic for some reason

:phone:

Life

Smash Hero
My problem is that I suck. I have minimal experience with a lot of matchups (most of my opinions are more "felt out" or else based on watching others rather than my own experience) and I've played very few people who are widely considered good with their characters (played Logic like a year ago, did friendlies with Seagull once, played TechChase twice, played Mav once or twice--got wrecked by all of them) nor do I have any sort of results. I don't travel enough to make up the experience gap.

I am, however, very good at forum posts. :awesome:

Though I have a tournament Saturday, which I have high hopes for.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Many of us still plan to contribute. Truly, we aren't required to be panelists. Those among us who are relativley active and possibly who travel (or at least have a vast player pool) should have more experience to go off of when contributing.

I have 0 intent of being a panelist. And 100% intent to chime in discussion

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's going to be in a private backroom subforum. Unless Ishieymoro was making the process more transparent to regular SWF members, then if you're not a panelist, there would be no way you can chime in at all. :applejack:

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
My problem is that I suck. I have minimal experience with a lot of matchups (most of my opinions are more "felt out" or else based on watching others rather than my own experience) and I've played very few people who are widely considered good with their characters (played Logic like a year ago, did friendlies with Seagull once, played TechChase twice, played Mav once or twice--got wrecked by all of them) nor do I have any sort of results. I don't travel enough to make up the experience gap.

I am, however, very good at forum posts. :awesome:

Though I have a tournament Saturday, which I have high hopes for.
yeah, it was your very good forum posts that make me think you had potential, so i guess nvm

Life

Smash Hero
As I said earlier, one day I'm going to get tired of losing and have the means to start leveling. But I'm still enjoying myself yet so no big deal.

Thanks tho.

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I heard you say that. Anyways i'll probably want to be able to get good soon too, and the new matchup chart could help with that, but i'm content now.

But yeah, you're welcome.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
As of right now, its only the two of us, cus we came to the conjoined conclusion that we dont really see anybody else as experienced or motivated enough to it. i was actually going to ask meek, but i already know dude would be wayyyyy too lazy for that mess.
I mean...I would do it. Just not the most motivated to do it. If you guys want me to then w/e I'm down. Otherwise I'll stay out

-Meek

Life

Smash Hero
"bloody smear on the wall" only begins to describe my sonic right now -_-

Meh. I'm gonna see if I can get my roommate into this game. Might help.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Good.
Knowledgable.
Active.

3 very simple requirements that nobody meets. This is why we dont tell you things. You act like between me and espy we havent gone through ALL possible candidates already. Like youres going to some how suggest somebody we didnt come up with before now.

Dont do that.

That being said, i think excel would be good. But ill have to talk to espy about that

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
Good.
Knowledgable.
Active.

3 very simple requirements that nobody meets. This is why we dont tell you things. You act like between me and espy we havent gone through ALL possible candidates already. Like youres going to some how suggest somebody we didnt come up with before now.

Dont do that.

That being said, i think excel would be good. But ill have to talk to espy about that

Were you replying to me or Life? (Yes, I know how stupid that sounds.) Sounds like you're replying to me, since I sorta suggested someone, but Life had the last post and you didn't quote mine so...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i was replying to pretty much everybody that posted on this page.

And meek, if you would be willing to do it, We would appreciate it. I think. I cant exactly speak for espy, but I would like your help/input.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
As long as they meet the requirements, any help is welcomed help.
I'd just rather it not be a repeat of the second chart discussions. :applejack:

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I'd be up for it. I'm pretty realistic about Sonic's MUs, I'm FAIRLY active despite my ambivalence about the game and I suppose I'm okay at the game. I've been playing it long enough. >_>

TL;DR Yes, I'll help with the MU panel.

Life

Smash Hero
Storytime!

So I'm playing Roller in friendlies before bracket :popo:

I play Sonic for a couple of games (twostocked and threestocked, managed to gimp Nana once and that's about it) and I get bored so I go random.

The stage is Delfino. I get Bowser.

I say something along the lines of "Well, crap. Wait, isn't this supposedly like an even matchup or something?"

So I spend a decent chunk of the game trying to figure out what I can get away with without lagging massively because I don't play Bowser. He gets a grab pretty quickly, but stage transition breaks the grab. So I camp harder and eventually get grabbed again anyway. Like I said, I don't play Bowser.

So it's the transition before the part on the one rooftop, I'm on my second stock, and I manage to snag Nana with side-B. So I Bowsercide, successfully jump out of it (which I was never able to do while actually trying), and the stage comes up and saves me. So I eventually kill Popo (with a down-B no less), die two more times, and that's the game.

In case you didn't see what happened:

With Bowser, a character I don't play and have no idea how to play, I did as well or better against Ice Climbers than with Sonic, my main.

tl;dr? Bowser versus Climbers really is even. 0_o :troll:

Vinnie

Smash Master
Bowser's neutral B makes this matchup really challenging. His dtilt is also really scary. I used to think this matchup was in Bowser's favor, but it's probably even.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Whaaaaaaat? Bowser's Neutral-B?
Yeah it's too strong :< I've tried for years to try and counter it but honestly it's the best tool bowser has in edgeguarding the ICs and approaching as well. I think the MU can be won by ICs if they're really good at it, but it seems to be pretty difficult for me :/ also Delux agrees with me.

Top Bottom