• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I should of worded it better. Yeah, knowledge is not mutually exclusive of skill, and they are linked in ways, but they aren't one in the same, which is what I am getting at.

I also didn't say there wasnt an issues with the game. I just don't think game is broken. Is it in a poor state because of a last minute design change? Yes. But is the damn thing unplayable? I personally don't think so. I also only started this because you claimed IPS doesn't do what it's supposed to do.

Sorry I don't think highly of most fighting games now a days. When I consider a bunch of fighting games not really all that good from a competitive standpoint, and a decent one comes my way, yeah I'm going to say "It's not that this game is great, its that other games aren't as good as this."

personally I feel like the only great fighting games out right now (not counting remakes) is VF5, KoF13, TTT2 and potentially Under Night-In Birth. (It looks good, and melty has an okay track record)

Also, opinions can't be true or false. If you can prove it, than it's a statement.

The reason Z didn't want to change butt assist was because he felt like it was too early, because like other games that have been alive for years and years, **** that is shown to be broken within the 1st few years, eventually get figured out and unbroken. He wanted that to happen as opposed to a premature alteration of the game.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
when i played jetm i felt like the game was unplayable. it was like playing MGS4, except the cutscenes werent nearly as good.

lets be really objective right now. aside from like, 3rd strike, and melee if you really wanna reach, what games that came out before 2010, have really been so monumentally better than the ones since then. i think youre letting nostalgia glasses cloud your view of these games.
for instance, everyone hates on marvel, but marvel 3 is omg holy jesus far and away better than marvel 2. but everyone **** rides marvel 2 because that game had some hype moments despite it not being a great game.
the games keep getting better and better. just because the games you remember from when you were 15 seem so much better doesnt mean thats the way it was. (because you know, everything was better when you were 15, even though most things sucked)

and opinion can still be an opinion even if you back it with facts. for example McDonalds sucks because nobody in my family goes there. i may not be able to prove everything i say to a legal degree, but that doesnt make me wrong.

somethings just get more broken though.
hes good but clearly Mike Z is not the infallible game designer people made him out to be.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Now for a complete change of topic.

Im considering making a matchup-at-a-glance cliffnotes type thread. Where you can go to at least get a few easily applicable quick tips for each matchup. no ratings or numbers or ratios or anything like that. Just a good old fashion 'if you want to do better against this character, do this' type thread for each character.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
I'm just going to make a few statements that I feel are hard to argue against.
-Meter-positive OTKs are no better than infinites. Getting hyper grav looped as wolverine in the corner by mags in MSH is no worse than getting zero to death'd in skullgirls. It's just as boring for everyone involved, and requires just as little sacrifice on the player's part.
-IPS mechanic is actually a great idea that I believe other FGs should have in the future, but it needs to be more strict.
-MikeZ needs to spend less time getting hyper grav looped by me in MvCO and more time fixing his broken game.
-As much bias as there is towards Marvel, they're obviously doing it right, because Marvel brings in the most numbers for the majority of majors. Even if there's a significant portion of low level players, it is bringing people out.
-Goggles should really unblock me because I don't plan to troll him anymore seeing as the majority of what I've seen him write over the past few months sounds like things I'd say myself.
-The cliffnotes MU thread sounds like a good idea.

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm just going to make a few statements that I feel are hard to argue against.
-Meter-positive OTKs are no better than infinites. Getting hyper grav looped as wolverine in the corner by mags in MSH is no worse than getting zero to death'd in skullgirls. It's just as boring for everyone involved, and requires just as little sacrifice on the player's part.
-IPS mechanic is actually a great idea that I believe other FGs should have in the future, but it needs to be more strict.
-MikeZ needs to spend less time getting hyper grav looped by me in MvCO and more time fixing his broken game.
-As much bias as there is towards Marvel, they're obviously doing it right, because Marvel brings in the most numbers for the majority of majors. Even if there's a significant portion of low level players, it is bringing people out.
-Goggles should really unblock me because I don't plan to troll him anymore seeing as the majority of what I've seen him write over the past few months sounds like things I'd say myself.
-The cliffnotes MU thread sounds like a good idea.

quoted so goggles can see

i wanna see wreck it ralph.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I think my campus's game club is planning a mass trip to the movie premier. I want to see it too.

Based on the voice featurette video posted about it today, the movie focuses on the story more than the several cameos, which is what I was fearful about. Happy to know it doesn't appear to be like that.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R5eetsUxrJI

Bad guy from an old arcade game is tired of the role after so long, and tries out other video games (which are all connected by a terminal), like a kart racing game and a first person shooter game, in an attempt to find a new calling. However, dying in a video game that's not his own kills him forever.

Contains video game cameos ad infinitum, from Sonic, to Zangief, from Qbert, to Dig Dug. It's pretty cool.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

The art renders for the new iOS Sonic game are gorgeous. This should be used more.

Particularly the Knuckles one.

Hot damn.

That too.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Hey quest, i saw that video of you getting bodied by bloodcross.you actually didnt get buttslammed as hard as I thought you would.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
gee thanks, but ask people who saw me at sktar. I achieve borderline top level performance when I'm focused. I have actually had another series of epiphanies recently as to what I've been doing wrong. Expect to see me bodying people in upcoming months.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sonic the Fighters is coming out on PS3 and 360.

Includes playable Eggman, Metal Sonic, Honey the Cat, and online play.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
It still alarms me that after all these years, the only other sonic i've met in person is True Blue :p

Be at Apex ppl. Its going to cost me like 700 in plane tickets just to not make it out of pools in either Melee or Brawl, lol. Make my trip worth it!!!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Neko, you can have your Sonic in P:M. I'll be reppin' Charizard over here. Hopefully my friend will have uploaded some of the footage from last night since we all were playing P:M.

Top Bottom