• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'm not sure what to take from that.

Ridiculous is a pretty neutral statement, especially with no vocal tones to emphasize a point lolol

i hope you enjoyed yourself and had fun at the least

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
>ridiculous

there goes that word again lol.

it's also a hyperbole this time.

oh man.

also fsmash was tweaked, meaning there are new cons and new pros to the move. :V

Life

Smash Hero
I meant ridiculous as a compliment lol. I couldn't actually watch the stream (I still don't understand why), so I sat and watched the chat instead and that's what I heard.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
ridiculous is a really clear word lol o_o

"able to be ridiculed"
--> "worthy of criticism"
--> "dumb/unnecessarily crazy" in this context...

It was fun but still neither brawl nor melee so maybe I just didn't know what to do...

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Actually the context of ridiculous has various meanings in modern culture as well as internet culture.

It's attachment to statements can indicate a variety of positive or negative things, and isn't always associated with it's textbook definitions.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
ummm have you seen chris G play that game? that mess is INCREDIBLY fraudulent.

i love the game, but the IPS doesnt work and the game is broken.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
ummm have you seen chris G play that game? that mess is INCREDIBLY fraudulent.

i love the game, but the IPS doesnt work and the game is broken.
wat.

ips does work and the game is not broken. there are no infinites in SGs, just stupid piss long *** combos and 100%s, which are being nerfed/removed in the upcoming patch.

before you make outlandish claims give some ****ing proof holy **** looool

i've been playign this game since it dropped and i've pretty much seen everything the game has to offer up until 2 months ago where I stopped playing until the patch came.

this game is far more legitimate than 90% of the **** on the market now because it's being designed by not only a high level tournament player with years of experience in various games, but someone who simply just KNOWS his **** because it is his life.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Because an infinite means it goes on forever. 100%s eventually have an end, even if both are ToDs. That's the fundemental difference and why they're called different things. It's pretty obvious and it baffles me that people would even fathom thinking they're the same outside the fact they're both ToDs

Not only that, but 100%s are far more specific in SG due to damage multipliers and varying health due to team size. A 100% combo on a Ratio 1 character character, is not a 100% on a Ratio 2 or Ratio 4 character. The only true cast wide ToD are the ToDs on Ratio 4 characters which are far and few inbetween and require impractical set ups and/or 4+ meter.

An infinite is a ToD/100% on everyone and everything regardless of settings.

infinites and 100%s are both ToDs, dont get me wrong, but dont even think they're the same thing outside of that one aspect.

ToD = touch of death btw.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Neko, don't argue this with me. You will lose. I pulled fourth place at a major for SG. I know the game. It has POTENTIAL to be the best fighter out there, but the game is broken. The is system does not work. IT DOESN'T FULFILL IT'S PURPOSE. It's supposed to keep it from being an otk game but it still is. Meter positive otk s are bad in every game.

Hornet bomber assist is OP.

Ratio 2 is too much better than 1 and 3.

Assists need to be tweaked
I plan to jump right back in IF that patch ever drops, but as it stands the game is bad.

:phone:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Capcom makes better games because they know how to make good games. Mike z made a valiant effort. But his first attempt fell on its face.

:phone:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
wat.

IPS is supposed to prevent INFINITES. Mike Z himself said he's okay with ToDs as long as it costs a lot, because the con of it is that it gives the opponent a bunch of meter.

IPS = INFINITE PREVENTION SYSYTEM. Nothing more. Nothing less. If you think it's supposed to do more than that, or anything different, you are WRONG. Doesnt matter how poorly or well you place in ANYTHING.

That's a factual statement. It's not supposed to prevent ToDs. wtf.

You still don't really say how the game is broken outside an incorrect statement and 3 opinions.

Like wtf. Since when does placing well mean you know everything about a game? Knowledge is independent of skill.

And capcom making better games is completely subjective. However, the competitive value of their games as of late has not been good at all.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
scrubby players would act like skill isnt related to knowledge.

If theres nothing wrong with the IPS, how come its getting basically a complete overhaul in the patch? after the patch drops you wont even be able to top 4K in one combo, and you think the people who made it were ok with ToDs

the ToDs in skullgirls are meter positive. That is a problem no matter what game you play.

placing well in tournaments for SG pretty much requires that you run butt slam assist. its invincible, its full screen lock down, hits you out of the air, and knocks down. thats why the patch is nerfing that too.

the game has a laundry list of problems, thats why NOBODY is playing it till the patch drops. youre sitting here defending the game, but even you think its too piss poor to play because youre dropping it and waiting around with your thumbs up your butt for the patch too.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
You're ****ing deluding yourself if you think that you can't know as much as a top player in a game. Knowledge is obtained through a variety of methods. Experience is NOT the only method. Wisen up. There are players in every competitive scene that have a fountain of knowledge but are not up there with high level players who have **** tons more experience in fighting games.

The only main change to IPS is that command normals/standing normals/crouching normals all count towards IPS, which is initially was before the game dropped. Mike Z changed it to what it is now to be nice. Mike Z said he had no problem with ToD combos. What he has a problem with is that the ToD combos don't have a high cost and are all meter positive, and remove player interaction for an extremely long time. The more important one is the latter.

Did I say the game was flawless and didn't have issues? No. I'm not defending the quality of the game. I'm slandering the quality of other games.

I am not saying the **** is the greatest thing since slice bread, but even then I still think it's ahead of most recent capcom fighters that aren't remakes.

Also, most of what I'm saying is just me calling you out on your bull**** false statements.

Lastly, butt assist is being nerfed because Mike Z is being FORCED to by his bosses. Not because he himself wants to. The public outcry was loud enough to reach the publishers, making them tell Mike Z to fix it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
youre miscontruing my words. Butthurt because you suck i suspect. I never said you cant know as much or more than a top player, but youre acting like skill and knowledge are mutually exclusive when they arent.

the ips change is a big deal. it basically changes the entire mechanic of the game. you saying that zaimont is just changing it to be nice, and then saying that the game has a big problem with the game turning into one player mode is contradictory. hes changing it because its a problem, a problem he probably didnt expect and foresee when it played out.

intentionally slandering the quality of other games before you validate your own is not only counter productive to your point but not really contributing to anything as a whole.

you say that youre not saying the game is super great and awesome but you are implying it by claiming that a game nobody even plays is better than everything else currently out in a first iteration.

nothing i said is false. some of it may be my opinion. but I can back my opinion with facts of the situation.

butt assist is stupid, and if Mike z didnt actually want to change it after seeing it in action, and reading the responses, then im sorry but hes just not as good a designer as people thought.

Top Bottom