• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

True Blue

Smash Lord
I won a doubles tournament today! W00t! Got money! lol. Sooooo much fun. Especially when you team with a Lucario and you just get to watch the background of the stage while everyone else fights lol.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I ended up having beer for dinner. It wasn't bry deliecious or nutritious. Tasted just like beer, not chicken :p

RE6 midnight release tonight. Wo0t. Anyone getting it on PSN? JMan8891, get at me...

:phone:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'm never buying a capcom game.

The company's practices have pissed me off to an absurd amount. And I'm not even talking JUST MML3 Cancellation or MM not being in UMVC3.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The company's practices have pissed me off to an absurd amount. And I'm not even talking JUST MML3 Cancellation or MM not being in UMVC3.
Good, because those would be really petty reasons to stop buying stuff from them.

Their DLC practices are enough reason, though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
putting stuff on the disc and charging for it after the fact, thats dumb and I can understand people being upset about that, but aside from that, what kind of practices has capcom done that every other company isnt doing right now?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Good, because those would be really petty reasons to stop buying stuff from them.

Their DLC practices are enough reason, though.
My biggest qualm with them is their own oversaturation of the fighting game market.

SF4, SSF4 (both seperate disc releases)
MvC3, UMvC3
SFxT (dont get me started)
SF3:3sOE
MvC:Origins
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
and there might be one more I'm missing.

Like wtf. yeah you revived the fighting game market, don't go killing it by releasing a **** ton of games, where their all either rehashes/ports/crossovers. SF4 is like the most original game in this list, but it's not even a new IP.

**** when was the last time capcom even made a new IP?

as a TFG player, seeing a bunch of dribble like UMVC3 and SFxT get more players than imo superior competitive games like VF5, or Skullgirls, or KOF13 is just aggrivating.

putting stuff on the disc and charging for it after the fact, thats dumb and I can understand people being upset about that, but aside from that, what kind of practices has capcom done that every other company isnt doing right now?

Everything here + reasons above.
Capcom is quickly reaching EA levels of bull****. If anything, they're practically there.
I have more, but I don't want to go full on rant mode.

I practically went foaming-at-the-mouth insane and blind with pure homicidal rage @ Rockman Over. The most amazing megaman concept to ****ing DATE. With the greatest ****ing potential to be god ****ing awesome out of the whole ****ing god damn series. **** uses all the ****ing megamans in the universe in some way shape or form and Over-1 has a ****ing legit as god ****ing damn design and the ****ing **** is god damn ****ing wasted as a ****ing ****ty *** iOS-EXCLUSIVE SOCIAL RPG that looks like it was made by a god damn 13 year old neckbeard newgrounds fanboy who just pirated a ****ing 2002 version of flash and decided "OH MAN. LETS TURN MY MEGAMAN FANIC INTO A REAL GAME." and spent 2 weeks on that ****, making it as piss ****ing easy as possible. I mean ****kk auto run and auto charge? are you ****ing kidding me capcom? really? **** man what the ****.
</rageofthegods>

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
The theatrical trailer for Rockman XOver was the hypest, most illest thing of my year as a megaman fan.

Then I saw gameplay.

Holy **** 1month brawl release flashbacks.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
On one hand, I'm glad Megaman isn't in UMvC3. Because I'd feel compelled to play him, and he'd be some garbage low tier that I'd get stuck playing in yet another fighting game.
However, although for compitetive reasons i'm glad he isn't in, it still doesn't make it right that they should proceed to mock the fans, purposefully exclude him and make jokes about his exclusion in various titles.
Also capcom treats their employees like crap, but I don't want to get into that.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Could you elaborate on that actually Wedge? I never heard that before.

And I do not claim to enjoy every marketing decision that Capcom makes. The sheer cheesy nostalgia has always kept me a big RE fan, and I was really excited with the demo for 6 (albeit quirky controls and cover implementation...)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
There is a reason inafune left.

Capcom suucckkkkss.

You have to jump through a million ****ing hoops to get Capcom to even give you a chance to propose a game. it's utterally ********. They're so deadset in their ways of not-taking risks when the mascot was created off a risk. Capcom has been like this since Megaman. They do not like to take risks, which is why they rehash to the degree that they do.

Darkstalkers is not dead? Do you know how ludicrous of a pitch that is!? You mean to tell me you got everyone riled up just to pitch an idea off fan reaction so the game looks profitable?

wat. ***** wat.

You mean to tell me that the MML3 Demo being paid is to gauge how many people are interested? If they dont buy an expensive demo, they must not be interested in the game?

mother ****er what?

Disk-Locked Content policies are ****ing stupid. you really want to sell us a portion of a game unlocked for full price?

holy **** what?

Costume DLC being mad expensive for no ****ing reason? Yeah it's optional, but that doesnt take away from the fact that not only do people blindly buy the ****, but it's still ****ing expensive! Why can't people have nice things are reasonable prices?

jesus christ

mother ****ing ono collapsing from over work? holy **** i would not be surprised if it was because capcom worked him to death. not only that but capcom has had some of the worst QA i've seen this past year and the year before that. It's ridiculous how soon after releasing a game or a patch their game is broken again.

Dont even get me started on rolento's za wurldo.

like understand no game is perfect. they'll all have glitches and dumb stuff yadayada. but capcom's batting average when it comes to getting close to a solid game on a coding level is deff bad.

my god

just...

why.jpg

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
"I like all of the Sonic characters equally, except for Chip, cause he's my favorite."

CAN YOU BELIEVE THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT ACTUALLY SAY THESE THINGS?! WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE KIDS.

This is why sega put out trashtastic sonic games for years. there are idiots out there that eat this mess up.

IM TALKING TO SOMEONE RIGHT NOW that want a Shadow and Silver game.

IS THIS EVEN EARTH?

Life

Smash Hero
We already had a Silver game, it was called Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers. (It was a good idea with poor execution IMO. Needed more development time. And a map.)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
"I like all of the Sonic characters equally, except for Chip, cause he's my favorite."

CAN YOU BELIEVE THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT ACTUALLY SAY THESE THINGS?! WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE KIDS.

This is why sega put out trashtastic sonic games for years. there are idiots out there that eat this mess up.

IM TALKING TO SOMEONE RIGHT NOW that want a Shadow and Silver game.

IS THIS EVEN EARTH?
i hate the casual side of the sonic fanbase for reasons like this.

they're the reason why we got shadow the hedgehog.

the elitist side is the reason why we got sonic generations.

obviously, we're doing something right hating so hard on 80% of sonic' games lol.

I fail to see the issue.
people liking 1 time characters like marine or people liking characters with poorly designed personalities that don't really add to the universe. lol.

I do have to admit. I like blaze lol.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I know you're talking about the original 4 up until S3K, but I must say I respect Shadow a bit more learning his design is based of the mural of super sonic found in S3K's hidden palace.

Shadow the Hedgehog was designed by Robotnik's grandpa, and he based his design off the angel island mosaics portraying super sonic's foretold battle against his grandson in space, which he assumed (not incorrectly!) that it was a prophecy of the coming of the ultimate being. This is the reason that shadow's hair stands on end, to mimic the mosaic.
i still dont like the character, but at least he's tolerable compared to every one else.

also metal sonic is awesome. and so is mecha sonic.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
why is there a mecha and a metall though..

also, shadow is a straight BAMF in SA2. but hes trash in everything hes in after that, minus the Generations boss battle.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
because eggman didnt get a good robo sonic working until metal.

Silver Sonic in 2, than Metal Sonic in CD, but then S3K had Mecha which was the best version since it's the only version that could go super. <_<

but somehow metal got made into the rival. lol.

Life

Smash Hero
Is it weird that there isn't a single character in basically any story I've read yet that I totally despise? I mean, not counting the whole love-to-hate thing with certain villains.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Is it weird that there isn't a single character in basically any story I've read yet that I totally despise? I mean, not counting the whole love-to-hate thing with certain villains.
I agree. Everyone's become a bunch of old farts. "Blahblahblah Shadow is dumb hurt durr why do we need a raccoon blah blah blah Sonic in a non-canon knight story with swords what is this I don't even--" ah shaddup.

Those elitist are the reason why we stopped getting characters playable aside Sonic. Seriously I'm getting sick of just SONIC SONIC SONIC. It's not a bad thing to not like a game or whatever but to go to the extent that the Sonic fan base does? There's a reason why I have no part in Sonic forums that aren't this one.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
But you honestly dont need to add in 2 new playable characters in every sonic game.

They got by with the adventure series becuase the characters were good, the story was good. And the gameplay was bangin (aside from tails/robotnik in SA2)

But then they showed they didnt really know how to do it with sonic 06, with bad characters a bad story and bad gameplay. Which is why they should have gone back to the roots with just sonic and start slowly expanding again from there like they are doing with generations and sonic 4

The success of generations compared to every other console game since adventure attests to what im saying

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I agree. Everyone's become a bunch of old farts. "Blahblahblah Shadow is dumb hurt durr why do we need a raccoon blah blah blah Sonic in a non-canon knight story with swords what is this I don't even--" ah shaddup.

Those elitist are the reason why we stopped getting characters playable aside Sonic. Seriously I'm getting sick of just SONIC SONIC SONIC. It's not a bad thing to not like a game or whatever but to go to the extent that the Sonic fan base does? There's a reason why I have no part in Sonic forums that aren't this one.

Well if you took the time to browse elitist sites then you'd completely understand and maybe agree with it.

The reason why elitist sites like Sonic Retro (of which I'm proudly a member of) are asking for Sonic-only games is because Sonic's gameplay is the defining gameplay of the series, and when you cant get that right, how can you expect to get the game play of other characters right as well?

On top of that, we want to play Sonic gameplay. We want to run through stages, as fast and skillfully as possible. That's why we play Sonic games. We don't really want to go shooting enemies in mechs, or go emerald hunting, or use guns, or go on a bunch of side missions to get rings to make my character stronger or w/e.

We just want to play games that are in the same style of S3K or Colors or Generations or day time unleashed. That's our desire.

When Sega proves that they can get that basic formula down and create said desired gameplay, then they can add in characters who's special and unique abilities ACCENT the original game play, as opposed to transform it into something completely different.

S3K is a perfect example of this. Tails' and Knuckles' unique abilities and exclusive routes ADDED on top of the original game play. We were still playing Sonic, but slightly different, but it still felt like the same game.

A lot of people on Retro aren't against adding playable characters, as long as they don't completely change the game into something else, you know? We'd love to have shadow, tails, knuckles, amy, metal and others as playable characters as long as it still plays like Sonic at the very core.

And on the topic of additional characters, we're generally against adding poorly thought characters like Marine/Elise or characters who are pretty much used once and never again. They had a reasonable cast of characters by Sonic Heroes. There was no need to keep creating more 1-time characters who's attitudes were generally looked down upon by a good part of the audience.

A lot of the elitist core fans don't hate on **** for no reason. It's only the really vocal, but small minority that have the stupidest reasons for **** and make the rest of us look bad.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'll respect your opinions on the matter, but I say this as nicely as I possibly can after hearing your reasonings.

It honest to goodness just sounds like a tl;dr example of "We don't like change!"

I want some diversity in my games sometimes. I like the formula to remain similar though. Super Mario Galaxy for example. Familiar but different. Sonic 2006? I got Sonic, but it was mixed up with Silver's awesome psychic powers and Shadow fighting using Chaos energy. And of course, the game still blew as far as physics went, but the idea behind it? Awesome. I like change, with some familiarity to it.

If I wanna live in the past, I'll keep playing the old games and just ignore what's out there. If the new games are like the old? Cool. If they're new and different? Well, it's worth a shot.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If I want to play a game where I can move stuff around with my mind, Ill go play something Star Wars.

Everything about Silver sucks massive dong.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
The only good character in Sonic games is Sonic himself

Metal, Knux & Shadow are ok

Every1 else is jus....

:sonic:

BTW I won a tourney last Saturday

but it only had 13 ppl

-_______________-

Life

Smash Hero
I find a lot of Sonic games are better when you don't think of them as Sonic games, especially Unleashed's werehog sections. Enjoy the game for what it is, even if it's not what you expected it to be.

Top Bottom