• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
I have a question for my fellow Sonic mainers....

Why do most of you guys approach with aerial down b? Maybe not most of you but a LOT of the best Sonic mainers I've seen, spam this type of approach.

I've tried it as well, from a similar distance, angle, and height, and I pretty much ALWAYS get either uSmashed or punished before I even touch the ground.

Am I missing something? :(

Take into account that I can shield-cancel it to grab the opponent, but most of the time I don't even touch the ground before I'm punished.
you can release it whenever you want. You can bait a usmash or any punishment option used by an opponent and hit them with 18% goodness. You can also dj out of it. Its not just the fact is does mad damage my man, its the fact that you really dont have to commit to much when doing it and you can simply wait and see if they flinch. Add to the fact you can shield cancel it once its grounded, it becomes pretty amazing as a collective group.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Do any of you have videos of a good Offensive Sonic I can watch?
I placed 15th at my tourney, but I noticed that my Hit & Run defense, while effective, wasn't all that practical when I didn't have the lead.
I've got Defensive Sonic & Spacing down to a tee from practicing Brawl with a 150% Handicap for a full month, but I really need to learn how to get in someone's face with Sonic and stay there until I build enough damage to play defense.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Espy, __X__, D1AOS etc. All the good Sonics (cept speedius) just go in.

Espy approaches and loses matches because he refuses to camp.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Alright. Thanks, Tesh!

Camping is for fgts.
It really is. I realized I'm in the Midwest where EVERYONE camps so I gotta just learn to play offensive & get that free money. Even Boss commented on how free & campy the MW is when he came up last week.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Camping is dabes thing ever. I'm not the type that follows people around all day. I'm a lazy ****.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Whats Steak and BJ day, is it because its __X__'s birthday? I don't remember how this started.

BSP

Smash Legend
Man I'm sick. My first thought when seeing "BJ" was lol.

Anyways, I have the same question as Tesh :confused:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Steak and Blowjob day is just a joke holiday that's supposed to be a manly counterpart to Valentine's Day.

Today is also Pi day.

Life

Smash Hero
Changed my avatar for the first time since I was at like 100 posts.

Although, does anyone know if there's a render of Sonic curled up? Google can't find any and I kinda wanna put one over the little sphere...

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Happy belated steak and a bj day to all of my sonic bretheren! I would have posted yesterday, but you know how things go. Got caught up in the festivities <3

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Once my GC controllers break, or if they don't, and Smash 4's release date is confirmed, I'm buying those Classic Controllers with the handles, because that's most likely what I'll end up resorting to in the future. :applejack:

I can tolerate Wiichuck, but my SDI is horrid on it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So Wedge showed me the Collision II stream matches of Shugo's Sonic.
He's on that Time Eater status, trapped in 2009.

Massive amounts of credit for Classic Sonic vs. 2012 ICs, though. Those were equally fun and frustrating to watch.
If Shugo actually learned the match up, Vinnie/Atomsk would've gotten rocked. :applejack:

BSP

Smash Legend
Tesh I only won with luigi and falco. I used sonic to get past brawlman1000. I'm surprised I won because I think he knows sonic better than me, and I think that would give him an edge in the ditto

Can someone link me to smash 4 confirmation
:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Vinnie's Ice Block nonsense on the spring was pretty funny.

Didn't know you could safely get a grab and throw off through blizzard.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sonic can punish the **** out of IC desynchs and random crap.
They have a billion weak spots. :applejack:

Sonic vs. ICs is practically even. Don't say it aloud though, or the IC mains will scoff and send in the troops.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I think its a matter of knowing the matchup. If an ICs realizes he shouldn't be buffering those desync nonsense patterns against Sonic, they have some more solid (more precise) methods of keeping him out.

I could see +1 ICs. Its one of those matchups that can get especially ugly when someone gets the stock lead.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Sonic can punish the **** out of IC desynchs and random crap.
They have a billion weak spots. :applejack:

Sonic vs. ICs is practically even. Don't say it aloud though, or the IC mains will scoff and send in the troops.
I need some more work in the ICs match-up. Alphicans just wrecks me in that. Though it's likely because I never get to PLAY against him unless it's for tournaments.

Top Bottom