• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
you know they can grab that ish? on shield? Larry does that to me all the time now. Had to reevaluate my tech.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
you know they can grab that ish? on shield? Larry does that to me all the time now. Had to reevaluate my tech.
Question:

Does DJing and Springing immediately after Side-B hits on shield work to avoid getting grabbed or does it take too long/have no effect?

I would go into debug mode and find this out myself, but I don't have my Wii with me, Oh God yes I'm free~!.

:093:

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Question:

Does DJing and Springing immediately after Side-B hits on shield work to avoid getting grabbed or does it take too long/have no effect?

I would go into debug mode and find this out myself, but I don't have my Wii with me, Oh God yes I'm free~!.

ICs have a high vertical grab, they can sometimes grab you as you are springing and if they release you; game over. I used to think the MU was free with that tactic Wedge; now not so much.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
ICs have a high vertical grab, they can sometimes grab you as you are springing and if they release you; game over. I used to think the MU was free with that tactic Wedge; now not so much.
That's what happens to me. Their vertical grab range is deceiving as hell.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
:( needed serious help.
Sonic boards troll me.
Freakin espy!
You told me you'd seriously help me at that subway tourney.
I hate you.

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Okay then:

Both on the stage in the center:
-Hope to god he doesn't abuse his tilts.
-Hope to god you can react to the inevitable UpB/downB.

When you're pressured near the ledge:
-Same as above
-Expect him to shoo you to the ledge with anything.

When you're off stage:
-Prepare to DI everything he does, because you're probably not making it back without taking damage.
-Airdodge into frametraps because he's Meta Knight.
-Don't airdodge and get juggled.
-Spin shot is your only hope.

When they're near the edge:
-Expect tornado
-Expect dash grab after dtilt
-Expect upB if you try to approach during a tilt bait.

When they're off stage:
-Wait for them to recover. You can't do anything to them.

When they're above you:
-Wait for them to land. You can't do anything to them.

When you're above them:
-Move to their sides and hope you don't get scooped, tornado'd, uair'd, grabbed, or anything else, because everything works.
-UpB for 4%, then get ready to get juggled even harder.

-If you make it back, you're still probably losing.

Good luck. :applejack:

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Or disqo just stand there and do nothing. It's a real throw-off.....well at least for me :129:

Life

Smash Hero
Geez, and I thought I was depressed.

The way you beat MK is: you get them to screw up and you land a hit and then you do it again and you keep at it and eventually maybe land a bair for the kill. (But that's everyone, no?)

Also fsmash their drill rush if you can. Fair beats glide attack.

And I'm bad.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Geez, and I thought I was depressed.

The way you beat MK is: you get them to screw up and you land a hit and then you do it again and you keep at it and eventually maybe land a bair for the kill. (But that's everyone, no?)

Also fsmash their drill rush if you can. Fair beats glide attack.

And I'm bad.
Incom your prolly better than me and im decent at best lol.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Just charge spindash and wait for them to do something stupid. Works on every character without a projectile.

BSP

Smash Legend
Ok I'll try that

>gets shuttle looped / tornado'd / ftilted / grabbed -> timed out

Any other ideas?

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm sorry but spring beats all of that so you must have done it wrong.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Passive-aggressive Sonic. Stay in MK's face, punish everything with FAir/UAir OoS, spinshot to spring when they're low and offstage, BAir and FSmash to victory, rinse and repeat.

Works for me at least.

Also, I'll be going to Sunrise in August to rep Sonic for North America. You guys may not see/hear from me as often, but I'll do you all proud.

Life

Smash Hero
Cloud: ^________^ You just go fix their tier list for them k? ;)

xlr8: I haven't seen you play, so idk. I've played exactly one person you people would have heard of--Logic--his Oli two-stocked my Marth (and I was lucky I even did that well. Thinking of taking up Oli BTW, I figure I'm already getting massacred by them, so at worst, when I keep getting massacred, I'll at least know how other people beat Oli) and his MK two-stocked my Sonic on FD. Across four tournaments, I have exactly two wins in bracket, one against a newbie and another against a Melee player. I'm bad, k? And if you're worse than me, you're bad, sorry. :/

Although I think I'm OK-ish at the Lucario matchup, FWIW. So that's a start.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
My goal asides enjoying the experience and doing my best is to defeat RAIN. Ever since we faced off at Genesis 2, I've always felt that I have what it takes. Whether he uses Meta Knight or Falco. I'm coming properly equipped with controllers without torn analogs this time.

One way or another, an upset is going to happen.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Just go someone else. It's not worth fighting as sonic imo

:phone:
Just play another game. It's not worth playing as anyone else IMO.

Also, I'll be going to Sunrise in August to rep Sonic for North America. You guys may not see/hear from me as often, but I'll do you all proud.
In the same manner of 4Chan:

Do it ******.

(I wish you luck)

I've never seen this before. What is it?

BTW how is everyone since I've been disappearing?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
In the same manner of 4Chan:

Do it ******.

(I wish you luck)

BTW how is everyone since I've been disappearing?

Thanks man! I've been busy as heck with work tbh. I'm apparently my store's top salesman (Staples) for technology. So, not even a year there and I'm doin' alright. .... wish I travelled more though. Prolly gonna be going to Phoenix 7 in BC.

You?

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Cloud: ^________^ You just go fix their tier list for them k? ;)

xlr8: I haven't seen you play, so idk. I've played exactly one person you people would have heard of--Logic--his Oli two-stocked my Marth (and I was lucky I even did that well. Thinking of taking up Oli BTW, I figure I'm already getting massacred by them, so at worst, when I keep getting massacred, I'll at least know how other people beat Oli) and his MK two-stocked my Sonic on FD. Across four tournaments, I have exactly two wins in bracket, one against a newbie and another against a Melee player. I'm bad, k? And if you're worse than me, you're bad, sorry. :/

Although I think I'm OK-ish at the Lucario matchup, FWIW. So that's a start.
Thats fine by me, i'll take that tittle.

Top Bottom