• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
hi

So don't pranks eventually go away after a certain period of time? And how long has the boards looked liked this?

:093:
Pranks go away after a month but some people have had it way longer, like you and KID. I'm guessing Virg forgot to take your prank off. Prank durations have been a bit inconsistent after he took over lol.

The new skin has been here since the beginning of April iirc. Just after Friday World Forums (April Fools Joke).

Also, if you're wondering. I pranked you two.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
KID, you don't have any other type of membership?
Because you can remove it if you simply change your membership display.

For example, when I was a TO Organizer awhile back, I got pranked twice. All I had to do was change it to display my name as a regular member, and the prank disappeared. Then I just swapped right back over to TO Organizer.

Kupo Rose

you can suck a **** then.
But it suits you so well.

KID, you don't have any other type of membership?
Because you can remove it if you simply change your membership display.

For example, when I was a TO Organizer awhile back, I got pranked twice. All I had to do was change it to display my name as a regular member, and the prank disappeared. Then I just swapped right back over to TO Organizer.

My plans are ruined.

________

Tesh vs Illmatic atm http://www.ustream.tv/channel/houston-smash-stream

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Let's make a show about little girly ponies in a magical land with unicorns. And a dragon for good measure.

Let's make a show that illustrates the importance of friendship and honesty, with feminine mannerisms and being all cutesy.

BUT WHY DO I LIKE THIS SHOW SO MUCH.

Kupo Rose

Oh hey, I remember that youtube user hookonsonic2. He felt proud overpassing me on uploading Sonic X episodes lol.

Tesh

Smash Hero
This past weekend, Trent beat the Ice Climbers that ***** KID at pound (one of) and D1aos beat the MK that ***** KID at pound (one of). Thus proving my "nice guy sonic" theory.

I should get some kind of award.

Tesh

Smash Hero
What was that theory again?

All the nice Sonics are the good Sonics.
K, I know I'm gonna be called out as a hater but seriously? That was ****ING BEAUTIFUL. Then I realized.....All you have to do is hold forward and jump. I hate how Sonic now has a "hitbox" around him because he is moving fast in new Sonic games. It annoyed me in Sonic Rush because it made it alot easier than it could have been. Enemies that might have come as a surprise or required quick reflexes just die because you are at top speed. That video had like 8 enemies I think (4 in a row that died from top speed sonic, 3 that died from homing attack without a fight, and I guess that fish chasing him counts) and thats the entire stage? Biggest obstacle he had was running into some spikes when he had a bunch of rings (because everything before was suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper easy). Its like that tutorial mode bayonetta and and super mario bros wii had (game basically plays itself so you can see how its done, its called VERY EASY MODE).

Let me just compare it to the original green hill zone.
2 minutes 20ish seconds
Actual gameplay: almost none.

Sonic 1 Green Hill Zone act one first 10 seconds has more depth and decision making than that whole 148 second speedrun in the video. Game starts, you run up to Crab-Meat (if you didn't get the rings first, this could kill you!). Move like 2 more paces and a robot bee with a gun on its butt flies up and shoots at you (AVOID IT!!). Still alive? Okay good, there is a bridge ahead. ROBOT PIRANHAS FROM BELOW.

So yea like 5 seconds into green hill zone in the original sonic is more difficult than the entire stage in the new one. And you know what, they could have made a better Green Hill Zone remix than that too. Fans have been making better ones than that for over a decade. Could have just purchased the rights to it from one of them.

Its just kind of a shame. I know some people are gonna say "but thats only the first stage", but there are better ways to ease people in. Seriously why did Eggman leave you this super cool looking winding road with only one way to get through and NO ****ING OBSTACLES if he is doin some evil **** like usual? Original Green Hill Zone was like...easy but you could look at it and say "yea robotnik blocked off some paths with rocks, moving platforms and enemies that shoot stuff, have sharp teeth,pincers or spikes". I DO expect to see some good stuff here, but I'm disappointed again because I don't think you need to sacrifice gameplay for a cinematic visual. Looking at games like Bayonetta, God of War, Call of Duty and even Brawl, and you can SEE some pretty amazing and cool stuff, but you can also PLAY and DO some pretty amazing and cool stuff. This Brawl video is cooler than the green hill zone I just saw AND people were pressing more than 1 button : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njDCTZ87xfU

I just looks like watching the game unfold is the most fun anyone could possible have with it. Its basically a movie.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
All the nice Sonics are the good Sonics.
Oh?

... D'ah~! I have so much to work on then!

... Another day though... maybe...

I'm so tired now. How was I able to stay awake for 48 hours that one time?

It's been a while since I've done anything, around here or in-tourney. I should at least work on the former sometime soon though, I haven't been around due to some... personal problems... M'uoey, that's the same reason I'm kinda behind in schoolwork too, I should get caught up in that first, and then I can worry about other things...

I'm gonna come back though... better, faster, stronger... One more time (AKA again).

Uhm hey Tesh, did you want some videos critiqued too? I know it's kind of old, but if you're still looking for some ideas from an outside perspective, I can do my best to help... which reminds me, I still kind of have things from February I should attempt to upload... So behind~! >_<

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
check out this article my friend did. its really in depth and i wouldnt be surprised if he brought up some stuff you didnt even know about sonic.
http://hubpages.com/hub/Select-Button-3rd-Strike

Nice read up until he fic'd it all up. Skipped down to the end.

He also disregarded Hyper Sonic. Also, Sonic can pass through solid matter the same way Flash can, so that point is kinda moot.

Second one was just a huge case of tl;dr. I just skipped to who he assigned.
Still kinda cool, though.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea Kinzer I'm open to any input, just look at my channel and feel free to comment on anything.

Once again I am saddened by how an amazing gameplay mechanism is almost wasted in Brawl. Last time it was water (present on like 4 stages, can't be placed in custom stages, exists temporarily on ONE legal stage). Now I'm sad about ladders. I didn't notice until recently how cool they are. Now I kind of like Pictochat a little more.
[collapse=kinda reminds me why i love playing sonic so much]

[/collapse]

I realized after watching it again that he wasn't even close to ready for me and I could have dash grabbed him before he was ready to throw. I will remember that next time I face a peach.

edit: I actually haven't posted anything in the cinema thread from my last 2 or 3 tournaments because I'm too lazy to format it properly, but I'd still like some critique on any of my recent vids.

ALSO I TIMED SOMEONE OUT IN A FRIENDLY AND IT WAS AWESOME!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Huh... apparently they have a Facebook Application for Smashboards now...

Also Tesh, there's no reason not to post in the WSC. Just not putting it in the proper format will only have your videos... not posted in the OP. >_> If you want anybody else to look at them, that's probably the next best place.

... Yeaoi~! Waking up at 6:45 in the morning feels so good when you're not tired from having gone to bed at 3 A.M. or some other time just as ridiculous~!

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well I figured anyone who cared is already subscribed to my channel. I know you are, so feel free to comment on anything.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hahaha, Uhm~...

Actually, I mainly use Youtube just to look for obscure Touhou Vids. Mainly the M-1 Grand Prix, EoSD for busy people, and IaMP now. I don't keep up with subscriptions too much. I suppose I'll get into that habit, and after I finish everything else (so behind on frame-data~! >_<), I'll take a look at your channel and comment on stuff that's newer than February.

I hope then I can be of some assistance.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
ALSO I TIMED SOMEONE OUT IN A FRIENDLY AND IT WAS AWESOME!
I did this to a Diddy Kong just yesterday, and it felt soooooo good :3
Though I don't think I would've enjoyed it if he wasn't a nanner-happy Diddy kong, but then again, what good Diddy main isn't nanner-happy?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well, it was a metaknight. Usually if its like 2 minutes left in a friendly I'll just push hard for the kill though.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Good news is, if you don't like the look, the old style is still around. Just toggle it to that.
Oh nice. ty.

Pranks go away after a month but some people have had it way longer, like you and KID. I'm guessing Virg forgot to take your prank off. Prank durations have been a bit inconsistent after he took over lol.

The new skin has been here since the beginning of April iirc. Just after Friday World Forums (April Fools Joke).

Also, if you're wondering. I pranked you two.
So you're the prankster, eh? I actually enjoy having it. It gives my unused account a certain enigma.

\

My plans are ruined.
"No! Come back!"

Kupo Rose

Sonic Generations is too easy *rant*.
Hey I don't see you complaining about Sonic and The Black Knight's first few stages being too easy lol.

*hold forward and swing wiimote*

So you're the prankster, eh? I actually enjoy having it. It gives my unused account a certain enigma.

Yeah I remember you liked rocking that pink lol.

Guys.
Send me your favorite Sonic set.
I love watching Sonic's play.
It's like art.

Preferably no time outs.
Something flashy :)
Muhscoce's Sonic is the flashiest imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnrgXTYwS2c - vs Falco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIHXD3uRodk - Combo Vid

edit: Lmao at Tesh's link.

Top Bottom