• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Never touched black knight or secret rings or 06. Its not even just about it being too easy. There is a SEVERE lack of gameplay. Sure you can argue that someone is holding forward/up and pressing jump now and then and some quicktime events, but that doesn't measure anywhere NEAR a real game imo. I just don't like how there is a strict 1 way to get where you are going AND there is almost no way to screw it up. The only 3D sonic game i could stand to play all the way through was Sonic Heroes and it had enemies that required SOMETHING to fight. Spiked enemies with guns, enemies with shileds that had to be circles, armored enemies that required the use of Sonic tornado or switching to Knuckles.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Half of me wishes that they'd make a refined version of Sonic Heroes, just to bask in the different ways to fight. But it would need a more stable camera, better stages, and better music.

I have a OK monthly this weekend, which is news since I don't think we used the words "Oklahoma" and "monthly" in the same sentence before. Last time I played in an OK-only tournament, I got third, so I'll see how this one goes down. I'll try to get matches recorded.

:phone:

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
[collapse=This picture was appropriate]
[/collapse]

But then even though said this already, it's just the first level(?). We haven't even seen all of classic Sonic's part of Green Hill Zone yet. Maybe that'll be a bit more challenging. The new Sonic gameplay now from Unleashed, Colours (haven't played Colours yet) and now Generations seem to follow this "hold forward and spam boost whenever you can" gameplay so I'm not surprised/too disappointed (dunno why you should be) that you can blaze through the first level by just doing that lol. Lets not forget Sonic is mainly for young ones :3 (we just grew up with and like him).

Tesh

Smash Hero
Wut? Lets just hope at least HALF the game is good? Like Unleashed?

Exactly how young is this for? Anyone older than 6 would probably want gameplay. I used to babysit a 2 year old that loved to play WarioLand on Gameboy Advance, so its not like games have to be amazingly easy or play themselves to appeal to little kids.

There are newer games that allow you to up the difficulty, like God of War (doesn't get much harder once u master the engine) and Bayonetta. Plenty of games have extra things in levels for you to find and explore. This game is just 1 winding cool looking road. And GOD I hate ring dash. As if collecting rings was so hard.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Ring-dashing is fine. Metal Harbor kind of made it nice, if not possible, to play the level with it.

:093:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Homing attack would have been cooler if it functioned like stealth dashing in shinobi on ps2.

Kupo Rose

Wut? Lets just hope at least HALF the game is good? Like Unleashed?

Exactly how young is this for? Anyone older than 6 would probably want gameplay. I used to babysit a 2 year old that loved to play WarioLand on Gameboy Advance, so its not like games have to be amazingly easy or play themselves to appeal to little kids.

There are newer games that allow you to up the difficulty, like God of War (doesn't get much harder once u master the engine) and Bayonetta. Plenty of games have extra things in levels for you to find and explore. This game is just 1 winding cool looking road. And GOD I hate ring dash. As if collecting rings was so hard.
I personally like the Sonic boost lol.

3+
SA2 is 3+ but somehow Black Knight is 12+ lol
. Yeah, I think anyone playing a game wants gameplay. Never played Warioland and I've never seen a two year play a game efficiently lool.

We haven't seen the rest of the levels in Generations yet. Be payyshunnnt mannng. Ring Dash was fun up till SA2 since you it's actually fast, you go slower ring dashing now D:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I beat SMB and SMB3 when I was 2 and a half. All me 8D

Then I beat Sonic 3 for the first time twelve years later D8

:phone:

Kupo Rose

And here I thought getting to Metropolis Zone at 5 years old was an accomplishment. >_<

Oh well, I beat Gunstar Heroes. That was the only non-Sonic game on the Mega Drive I actually loved :D

Kupo Rose

So TO Blue and Developer Grape were taken off because of the "SWF Rainbow".

Then the Vibrant skin gets added because "Brawl is colourful" (lol).

Now we can auto add colours in our posts for the starburst effect.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Ah, that's nice.

Lovely! Nice and... "plum."

This probably means thoguh I'll need to be more careful with new OPs, since a light purple won't work for official things and whatnot.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah. The entire Video and Tournament Results thread turned orange because I changed mine. Thankfully, it's not too glaring because the color doesn't apply to collapsed text.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Collapsed text huh?

[collapse="test"]This is a test. THIS IS ONLY A TEXT, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH~![/collapse]

Damn I miss Dexter's Lab.

Yeppers.

Kind of funny that the collapse headline is still changed though.

Kupo Rose

That slap lol.

Color testing this ish. Been playin MK9 till that PSN bull showed up. Now the only thing for me to play is brul.

Generations is hype btw. /late

How the heck does kupo do this stuff honestly? Tell meh ur secrets! D:
How do I do what?

And use another blue Speed. That one is awful to try and read.

Top Bottom