• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Tesh

Smash Hero
*long whistle*

@KID, that Jiggz video you linked in the tier list thread. I stopped caring when I heard the first song. I reaaaaaaally want that on my Ipod, but I can't find it on KittyCorp. Dammit.

EDIT: eh, never mind. Found it. I have a new favorite song now.
Dang, that is kind of pretty. No wonder its not on wii (?), they probably didn't want to have to make 2 versions?
I say I know they will because Sonic Team's always changing. It's never consistent.
They can't possibly have weak staffing forever. It has to come to an end sometime.

I mean, the quality of Sonic games have been on the rise, in case you haven't seen (which you have).

And yeah, I agree that it's totally giving them that "spoonfeeding" message crap you always talk about. At the same time, you can't possibly ignore all of the criticism they constantly get. Make a better game, get better reviews and whatnot, and that encourages more people to purchase the game, doesn't it? Buying the games gives them incentive to make more, and if these critics are really changing how the developer makes their games, then there's no reason not to believe that they'll at the very least try something different or effective for the next game.

Heck, just look: Sonic Unleashed comes out. Critics bash on night-time levels, but praise day time. What happens next? You get Sonic Colors, which eliminated the night-time levels, focuses primarily on day-level type gameplay, and even added an element that gave a unique spin on the game itself.

It's not me being overly optimistic at all, in that regard.
I know you said you expect Sonic Team to make something amazing in the future or at least hope, but you don't think thats a little....over optimistic? If millions of people will buy the games ranging from mediocre to bad, it doesn't really make financial sense to pour more money into making quality games if it doesn't matter.

Like, lets say you are selling cookies with raisins and almonds in them. We all know putting nuts and fruits inside of sweets is bottom tier. Thats a fact. But if your customers will keep buying raisin and almond cookies, why would you spend extra of giving them sprinkles, chocolate chips and m&ms?
@2:34 Eh, combo?

Looks promising so far!
This made me laugh, sonic has combos?
I sound like a fanboy because i'm tired of this 2d-3d crap and want something fresh? Better? I'm cool with that.
I'm personally a little hyped for this game. It looks like an ultimate rehash of all the games I didn't buy/play over the years (hopefully just the good parts). So, hopefully its good and I can get this one.

Thats unfortunate. I used to play wifi with this guy sometimes, though I can't say I remember much about him. I do feel a bit sad about his passing regardless.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

After hearing about this for so long, and looking at articles from Faust, I may just turn around and watch this this weekend. Is it on CN?

I'm too lazy to look to see if there is a MLP thread somewhere around here.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
HA>HA>Dair>SDR has been a true combo since Sonic Unleashed.

Also, since Josh posted that picture.

[collapse=herpderp]
[/collapse]

I'm too lazy to look to see if there is a MLP thread somewhere around here.
There's one in the Media Metropolis section. (DR too but you don't have premmy)

Life

Smash Hero
So if a physics teacher ever makes you do a project involving making a ball bearing go through a box in thirty seconds.... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

(Guess what I spent all evening failing at?)

Tesh

Smash Hero
50? that sounds pretty good actually. If we have learned anything from years of Mario Party and GTA, its that you can cram alot of average content into one game and it can be amazing.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Storm, it's all on Youtube. Masterlinkx and PensivePony are the channels that have most of the episodes on.

D

Deleted member

I love Tails, but apparently Sega doesn't. :<

I wish he were in Sonic Generations...

:phone:

Browny

Smash Hater
Id retract all my sonic-franchise hate if tails was playable in a good sonic game.

unfortunately the chances of those two things happening simultaneously (post sa2b) are pretty much 0

Y U DO DIS SEGA?

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
<<still waits eagerly for SA3 announcement exclusively for wii. GDI sega why can't you make everyone happy this year >:( lol JK i do find this new mario and sonic game interesting(can't wait to play soccer) But i just feel sega threw wii owners to the waist side for his 20th anniversary. While 360/ps3 owners get to truly celebrate it we have to sit and play mini games. oh well guess i'm saving my money on sonic games this year. :S

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
No one's come out and said that Tails isn't playable.

He could be an unlockable character at the end of the game, ala Amy in Sonic Advance 2.

Life

Smash Hero
So I get to write myself a horn solo for a concert in a week. Y'all can replace anything I said about having a theme song with that once it is complete.

()@'

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
speaking of him, I wish they would put him back in a game where hes running behind sonic again. that running on the tip toes thing was great and i miss it.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Our football carries the stigma of over the top fans, biased refs, people trying to make this contact sport not a contact sport, and the Dallas Cowboys's reputation being hilariously similar to Sonic's.

Your football carries the stigma of fans who seem to think it is not right to not have full-scale riot every 3 games.

Everything has a dark side.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS PLACE

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN

WHY AM I EVEN HERE

WHAT IS GOING ON

HOW AM I STILL PRANKED

hi

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
My wall of text murdered activity in here.

Downloading the whole thing. I'll hear it out later tonight.
Now you know how I feel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mg5d_ihU2Q

Two questions.

1. I thought there's no shield pushback from a powershield, so why did the CPU fall off the platform?

2. The CPU fell pretty far off from a weak jab. Does that mean if Sonic gets hit by a strong attack we can DI even further away from the platform? (potentially not get punished?
1. He was still carrying momentum from landing, and/or do suffer a little bit of pushback even if it is a PS. It's one or the other, if not both.

2. I can't say. I don't know.

Reminds me of Arcana Heartz and that Touhou crap.
...think I'll pass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_2u7-K40rQ
nahhh son. female only fighters is no longer a synonym for cruddy games directed solely and precisely at pedophiliacs.
God I hate you two so much right now. All I can say is "@#$% men I rather have it this way." I really would.

But enough about what I would like. Goggles has me curious.

Yes I know this is late. Carry on with whatever you all were talking about before, I'll just catch Goggles on AIM or something.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm likely going to Greece to work this summer.

I should see if I can travel cross-country, and find some European Sonics not named Kupo or Chis. And look up the European players like SFP, Flayl, Leon, Luigi Player, etc. and play in a tournament.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hey, I'm only saying they are bad games.
... D'ah~, I'm not falling for that. Leavin' it way to ambiguous. Although I can't speak for AH, I haven't seen anything from that franchise/series/games.

Also I really do need to talk to you about updating the guide. When I'm not tired/into other things right now.

I'm likely going to Greece to work this summer.

I should see if I can travel cross-country, and find some European Sonics not named Kupo or Chis. And look up the European players like SFP, Flayl, Leon, Luigi Player, etc. and play in a tournament.
Sounds fun, working/traveling/studying abroad.

What's the occasion though, is it a work project, office moving, or what?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
My dad is working in Greece at the moment, and his employers asked if he had any of-age children that could take up shop with him. Somehow, my name was brought up.

It would be a summer thing, but if I do a good enough job, I could have a job I could just walk into.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Tbh coming to the UK would be quite a waste though. There are only like 3-4 good players here lol.

Top Bottom