• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
No KID, I meant as in, AH and that Touhou fighting game are both craptacular.
This game...looks no better.

It actually looks more generic.
Let's hope it develops along better, because it looked bland as heck.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Yeah, but you disappeared off the face of the earth since then, so I thought I'd bring it back.

I want someone to make an acapella of Sonic Boom.

Trent

Smash Champion
I'm still around. I got a $150 Best Buy gift card from a tournament last night, it was a campus tourney filled with scrubs and everything.

Fun times.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yeah, but you disappeared off the face of the earth since then, so I thought I'd bring it back.

I want someone to make an acapella of Sonic Boom.
This is actually what I suggested/requested on their channel.

*crosses fingers*

Daddy needs new menu music!!!

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
This Sonic Unleashed 2d-3d crap again?

I wish they would just go back to Sonic Adventure style levels again.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If they're going to make the Modern Sonic levels linear with varying degrees of special techniques needed in sections of the stage, they may as well make the stages reaaaaallllly ****ing big like in Unleashed and Colors, instead of the tight-knit, cramped SA2 levels and a few SA levels.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
chis is the only one in here that has the right to be negative about anything, cus th rest of you are going to go out and spend all your money on it the week it comes out like the mindless little sheep you are.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm not mindless. I was well aware of what I was buying when I purchased things like Sonic '06. I'm just supporting Sega/Sonic Team, because I know that one day, they'll potentially make some amazing super-game, if you will. If I have to buy some pretty decent, enjoyable games while doing so (Colors, Colors DS, and Sonic 4), then I'm not going to complain.

Chis is sounding just like one of those annoying Sonic fanboys, by the way.
I still can't believe that fans are still hating on Sonic for things as trivial as roster too. Some of those Youtube comments make me feel like I'm being murdered with idiocy.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I'm not mindless. I was well aware of what I was buying when I purchased things like Sonic '06. I'm just supporting Sega/Sonic Team, because I know that one day, they'll potentially make some amazing super-game, if you will. If I have to buy some pretty decent, enjoyable games while doing so (Colors, Colors DS, and Sonic 4), then I'm not going to complain.

Chis is sounding just like one of those annoying Sonic fanboys, by the way.
I still can't believe that fans are still hating on Sonic for things as trivial as roster too. Some of those Youtube comments make me feel like I'm being murdered with idiocy.

eh... weve had this 'two sides of the same coin' discussion before. paying them for making attrocities like sonic 06 and the werehog, is just perpetuating their idea that they can spoon feed people rotted garbage and make money for it.

also, saying that you know theyll get better and do something amazing one day seems kind of presumptuous and overly optimistic dont you think?

I mean, I honestly dont see them putting out anything above the level of colours, which i throughly enjoyed, anytime soon.

lastly, people are stupid and will complain about anything, so you already know.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I say I know they will because Sonic Team's always changing. It's never consistent.
They can't possibly have weak staffing forever. It has to come to an end sometime.

I mean, the quality of Sonic games have been on the rise, in case you haven't seen (which you have).

And yeah, I agree that it's totally giving them that "spoonfeeding" message crap you always talk about. At the same time, you can't possibly ignore all of the criticism they constantly get. Make a better game, get better reviews and whatnot, and that encourages more people to purchase the game, doesn't it? Buying the games gives them incentive to make more, and if these critics are really changing how the developer makes their games, then there's no reason not to believe that they'll at the very least try something different or effective for the next game.

Heck, just look: Sonic Unleashed comes out. Critics bash on night-time levels, but praise day time. What happens next? You get Sonic Colors, which eliminated the night-time levels, focuses primarily on day-level type gameplay, and even added an element that gave a unique spin on the game itself.

It's not me being overly optimistic at all, in that regard.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
*long whistle*

@KID, that Jiggz video you linked in the tier list thread. I stopped caring when I heard the first song. I reaaaaaaally want that on my Ipod, but I can't find it on KittyCorp. Dammit.

EDIT: eh, never mind. Found it. I have a new favorite song now.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Holy jesus.
Modern Sonic's level looked so damn fun.
Classic Sonic looked awesome too.

@Kupo: It's probably similar to how you'd have to do combos off of rails in Colors and Unleashed in order to reach another area.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I wonder if all the other classic stages like Marble Zone, Starlight Zone will make a comeback too.

@Espy: I guess that works. I was thinking the combos were ideas taken from Sonic Riders lol. And speaking of Sonic Colours, I've still yet to play that game...

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Angel Island Zone. Even if it's like a more tropical version of Green Hill Zone. Modern and old school music of it. That'd be awesome.

Also, I miss playing as other characters. We haven't had a legitimate game where we played as others with unique gameplay constantly since Sonic Adventure 2. Sucks that SEGA listens to the people that ***** that all we need is Sonic and only Sonic.

I really can't complain either way though. This is nothing short of fun and awesome looking!

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I sound like a fanboy because i'm tired of this 2d-3d crap and want something fresh? Better? I'm cool with that.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hey Chis, I didn't say it was a BAD thing.
...I totally implied it, though. :p

So what do you want? 4D? 5? 1?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Considering the guy who sang Escape from the City has gone back to arrange it, we can guess City Escape is in the game, along with Green Hill.

Just give me Oil Ocean, a HUUUUUUUUGE Marble Garden Zone, and maaaaybe a Sonic 3D Blast stage like Diamond Dust, and I'll be at my happiest.

My two gripes in the game atm is C. Sonic's ability to instantly Spin Dash out of a run (makes for using Spin Dash over and over way too easy) and M. Sonic's Boost gauge going up way too easily, making it simplified to just hold the button for the duration of the level. Maybe if some side effects were included in these mechanics, then I'd be ok with it, but I don't see anything like that.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Considering the guy who sang Escape from the City has gone back to arrange it, we can guess City Escape is in the game, along with Green Hill.

Just give me Oil Ocean, a HUUUUUUUUGE Marble Garden Zone, and maaaaybe a Sonic 3D Blast stage like Diamond Dust, and I'll be at my happiest.

My two gripes in the game atm is C. Sonic's ability to instantly Spin Dash out of a run (makes for using Spin Dash over and over way too easy) and M. Sonic's Boost gauge going up way too easily, making it simplified to just hold the button for the duration of the level. Maybe if some side effects were included in these mechanics, then I'd be ok with it, but I don't see anything like that.
Fortunately, this game is like, so beta that it hurts. There's a lot to tweak and develop with this game as we get closer to the release date.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't mind Classic Sonic being able to do constant Spin Dashes.
If it's anything like the old Sonic games, you won't be able to use it often without risking running into traps. I mean, when was the last time you spin dash spammed in Oil Ocean, Chemical Plant, or Carnival Night?

Modern Sonic's Boost gauge DOES go up absurdly fast, though.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
True that. That, and hey, even if it's a different scenario sorta, you could instantly Spin Dash in Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 when it came to Sonic and Shadow. Speed runs are exploited so much thanks to abuse of the Spin Dash on the spot.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'll agree with Oil Ocean.

Chemical Plant and Carnival night, however, I had already gotten the Chaos Emeralds by that point so I was blasting through the levels :p

Can't do that in OO because of those goddamn seahorse enemies. If they come back for this game, they and they alone will probably dissuade me from getting the game.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The Aquis gave you problems, Storm?

When THIS EXISTED?

All. of. my. childhood. hate.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Metropolis Zone was another one of those laces where I was zipping along as Super Sonic half the time.

Except for the beginning of Act 2. That one Crab enemy caused me a lot of frustration.

Top Bottom